Need help! Have logs.

Greetings,

I could use some help with my sub dps. I'll admit i'm garbage at sub and it's pretty much just me spamming while trying to keep up SnD, Rupt, Hemo, and FW via dance and vanish. My item level is 676 and I'm pretty sure I should be high or near top in this gear. The regular rotation isn't too bad, but when it comes to dance and opening i'm doing really badly. Here's my latest butcher log from last night (optional raid heroic farm night).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...BPLdqv#fight=7

Here is my armory for those interested:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sapqt/advanced
    Last edited by Tdub90; 2015-01-15 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    Your links are broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycania View Post
    Your links are broken.
    Fixed! Don't know why that happened!

Quote Originally Posted by Tdub90 View Post
    Greetings,

I could use some help with my sub dps. I'll admit i'm garbage at sub and it's pretty much just me spamming while trying to keep up SnD, Rupt, Hemo, and FW via dance and vanish. My item level is 676 and I'm pretty sure I should be high or near top in this gear. The regular rotation isn't too bad, but when it comes to dance and opening i'm doing really badly. Here's my latest butcher log from last night (optional raid heroic farm night).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...BPLdqv#fight=7

Here is my armory for those interested:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sapqt/advanced
    I get more dps using marked for death and never using hemo. Ambush and Evish usage seems low. I normally get more cast in per fight.

You delayed your third shadow dance by roughly 30 seconds. I'm assuming that was for lust, because you popped your SR and second pot at the same time.

The extra haste from lust only netted you one extra ambush (you had 5 ambushes for the other two dances, and 6 for the lusted dance). If you had popped it on it's cd, you would have had a fourth dance at the end of the fight and would have had 4 extra ambushes overall (and 2-3 more FW eviscerates).

Also, did you use vanish glyph with subterfuge? Because you only got 1 ambush instead of 3 when you popped vanish. There's an extra 4 ambushes, and longer uptime on FW.

You are currently logged out in your combat spec, what is your dagger for sub?

I'm about 10 ilevels below you without scales of doom and a 645 dagger. I'm doing 26-27k on butcher. I think you should be able to push about 2-4k more dps and get you to 31k-33k if you ambush/evis more.

As far as MFD and hemo: I don't like MFD with sub because i like to ambush to 10cp then evis, ambush back to 10 then double evis after dance is down (usually 5 ambushes total).

hemo is trivial. we technically don't need it (with glyph) if we are running subterfuge because we can garrote ambush and get rupture up before garrote falls down. I *think* it's about a 1% dps loss to not cast it. So 29k dps, it's going to account for roughly 300 dps, it could be less.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Athonel View Post
    You delayed your third shadow dance by roughly 30 seconds. I'm assuming that was for lust, because you popped your SR and second pot at the same time.

The extra haste from lust only netted you one extra ambush (you had 5 ambushes for the other two dances, and 6 for the lusted dance). If you had popped it on it's cd, you would have had a fourth dance at the end of the fight and would have had 4 extra ambushes overall (and 2-3 more FW eviscerates).

Also, did you use vanish glyph with subterfuge? Because you only got 1 ambush instead of 3 when you popped vanish. There's an extra 4 ambushes, and longer uptime on FW.

You are currently logged out in your combat spec, what is your dagger for sub?

I'm about 10 ilevels below you without scales of doom and a 645 dagger. I'm doing 26-27k on butcher. I think you should be able to push about 2-4k more dps and get you to 31k-33k if you ambush/evis more.

As far as MFD and hemo: I don't like MFD with sub because i like to ambush to 10cp then evis, ambush back to 10 then double evis after dance is down (usually 5 ambushes total).

hemo is trivial. we technically don't need it (with glyph) if we are running subterfuge because we can garrote ambush and get rupture up before garrote falls down. I *think* it's about a 1% dps loss to not cast it. So 29k dps, it's going to account for roughly 300 dps, it could be less.

Good luck!
    Ya I don't like to fool with Hemo, but I have got used to MfD so its a dps gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Ya I don't like to fool with Hemo, but I have got used to MfD so its a dps gain.
    Yeah it is a DPS gain if you're used to it. I'm not, and we're still pushing mythic content, so I don't want to screw around with something that could distract me or cause me to lose dps if I screw up.

Yeah it is a DPS gain if you're used to it. I'm not, and we're still pushing mythic content, so I don't want to screw around with something that could distract me or cause me to lose dps if I screw up.
    Thats why I dont use hemo, it fucks me up more then it tends to help lol

Thats why I dont use hemo, it fucks me up more then it tends to help lol
    I typically only cast it when I don't have any cooldown or fw going or when i have to target swap (i.e. add on imp) and that's just to get SV up faster.

I typically only cast it when I don't have any cooldown or fw going or when i have to target swap (i.e. add on imp) and that's just to get SV up faster.
    Ahh, I run combat there. I seem to get way better results then sub on imp

So what are your rotations if you're not casting hemo? I've had no experience with sub and was going with the icey-veins said and hemo was in that rotation.

Needless to say it's a pain in the ass to keep all that shit up after ezmode assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    So what are your rotations if you're not casting hemo? I've had no experience with sub and was going with the icey-veins said and hemo was in that rotation.

Needless to say it's a pain in the ass to keep all that shit up after ezmode assassination.
    Open with garrote, use back stab not hemo. Thats just on butcher, I mean I really do way more dps on everything not butcher as combat.

The only time you should be casting hemo is if you need to get SV up... and anyways you should put a rupture instead. It's OKAY to cast it when FW ISN'T up, but backstab is probably still better at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekk View Post
    The only time you should be casting hemo is if you need to get SV up... and anyways you should put a rupture instead. It's OKAY to cast it when FW ISN'T up, but backstab is probably still better at that point.
    Well for swaps you can use it, and somehow I think its a small gain if used perfect. But I only sub on butcher soo..

Ahh, I run combat there. I seem to get way better results then sub on imp
    Me too X1000