Question about Mythic Twins positioning/strat

For those of you that killed Mythic Twins, do you guys use the Vox strat where you tank them in the middle, moving Pol to behind the weapon after he does Quake? That's the strat we used tonight and personally I hate it. It's waaaay too much movement and DPS uptime is just bad.

I much prefer the tanking them by the door by the pillars strat and that seems to be the way most guilds have done it(incl. Method)but I suppose we like doing things the extra hard way...

Deleted
    We tried both tactics. Ended up fairly quickly realising side tanking them was much easier (and less movement time for ranged to dodge fire, so more dmg). Just have a tank drag the whirlwinding one just before he starts his whirlwind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8xcv3_8n-0

We tank the bosses in the small circle at the door.
    The ranged at the circle behind said circle
    Moving Phemos during Whirlwind with Stampeding Roar at the first and fourth whirlwind.

If you have a DK tank, let him tank Phemos. AMS makes him immune for the fire stacks.

Deleted
    We always did the Method door tactic in HC and rocked it. When we started mythic, we first tried the center tactic and moving Pol to the weapon. It was a disaster, the tactic is awful. Yes, it does minimize movement during Quake, which is nice because it's obviously the hardest part of the fight, but the loss in DPS is ridiculous and the constant moving around makes people more likely to fuck up. Using this tactic we only got to berserk once, with about 30% HP left.

We then changed back to the door tactic and it has worked WAY better. We still haven't been able to down them, but at least we get them to 4% when they enrage. The only problem with the door tactic is if you're unlucky and the Quake weapons are dropped in shitty positions, which leads to tons of fire being hard to dodge... honestly though, you can just take one tick of blaze if worst comes to worst, it doesn't hurt THAT bad and it's worth it to be able to keep cleave up constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    We always did the Method door tactic in HC and rocked it. When we started mythic, we first tried the center tactic and moving Pol to the weapon. It was a disaster, the tactic is awful. Yes, it does minimize movement during Quake, which is nice because it's obviously the hardest part of the fight, but the loss in DPS is ridiculous and the constant moving around makes people more likely to fuck up. Using this tactic we only got to berserk once, with about 30% HP left.

We then changed back to the door tactic and it has worked WAY better. We still haven't been able to down them, but at least we get them to 4% when they enrage. The only problem with the door tactic is if you're unlucky and the Quake weapons are dropped in shitty positions, which leads to tons of fire being hard to dodge... honestly though, you can just take one tick of blaze if worst comes to worst, it doesn't hurt THAT bad and it's worth it to be able to keep cleave up constantly.
    We did it like this and killed him flawlessly. Good luck on the kill.

Thanks for all the posts. Yeah, I figured the door strat was better. I posted that in my guild's web site in response to our officer's posting of the Vox mid strat video, but unfortunately we spent all night doing the fail strat. I think we got as far as like...47% but was nowhere near the enrage.

Tempted to link this thread to my guild officers. But of course they'll use the "well we've already spent a night working on this strat" excuse and we'll spend another night barely scratching 50%.

10+ Year Old Account
    We tried the center positioning strat for a couple of pulls tops, but quickly found that we didn't like it at all. We all found it much easier to dodge stuff and position correctly using the bosses tanked around the door.

Deleted
    We tank the bosses in the small circle at the door.