Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Title: The Wire
    Picture:

Seasons: 5
    Plot: In the most basic terms, it is about the Baltimore drug scene. It starts with just the cops and the dealers but each season expands outward to show how it touches all aspects of the city from the docks to politics to the school to the newspapers.
    Lead actors: Far to many to list. The cast of the series is huge and changes as the show goes on.
    Genre: Crime Drama Thriller
    Why you like the show: It is about as perfect as TV gets. The writing is simply amazing and the actors are perfectly cast. The show is unlike most cop dramas in that it spends equal time showing the people on all sides of the drug trade. The creators of the series are a former Baltimore cop and a guy who worked for the Baltimore Sun newspaper. The series is very honest. It does not romanticize crime like many other series or have the good vs. bad thing. It is just an all around amazing series.
    Your personal rating (1-10): 9.7 It is the best series ever on TV, but it still has it's flaws. It starts out slow and the shift from season one to season two is rough. It pull itself back though and is totally worth sticking with to the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to draw your attention to Ground Floor. Fore everyone that loves Scrubs: It has Dr. Cox being well.. Dr. Cox

Title:Person of Interest
    Picture:
    Seasons:4
    Plot:An ex-assassin and a wealthy programmer save lives via a surveillance AI that sends them the identities of civilians involved in impending crimes. However, the details of the crimes--including the civilians' roles--are left a mystery.
    Lead actors: Jim Caviezel, Taraji P. Henson, Kevin Chapman
    Genre: Action
    Why you like the show: This show started off a little slow for me but it builds on the action really quickly. After watching the first episode i was hooked. Its funny, full of action. not much drama or love interests (which is good cause i hate that romantic crap thrown in)
    its mostly a fast paced action show, but it has its comedic moments. I think its pretty well known but if u havent watched it yet id suggest picking it up.
    Your personal rating (1-10):10

Id also put 24 as a 10/10. starts out slow in Season 1 but builds on the action.

Deleted
    right now i really like Castle, Stargate SG1, Star Trek TNG and Big Bang Theory is/was also great

btw, do we have a '[TV] Castle' thread in this forum? couln't find one..
    and does someone know a good tv forum where a lot of ppl discuss different shows? one that is not so colourful, I'm at work

Babylon 5 (1994-1998)

Season 1: Signs and Portents
    Season 2: The Coming of Shadows
    Season 3: Point of No Return
    Season 4: No Surrender, No Retreat
    Season 5: The Wheel of Fire

"It was the Dawn of the Third Age of Mankind, ten years after the Earth-Minbari War. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal .. all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last, best hope for peace. -- This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5."

Starring Jerry Doyle, Bruce Boxleitner, Richard Biggs, Mira Furlan, Andreas Katsulas, Claudia Christian, Peter Jurasik, Bill Mumy and Stephen Furst (no you're not supposed to know any of these names).

Genre: Epic Science Fiction

Babylon 5 is the best written thing ever. It's an incredible epic story that spans five years, with awesome characters that changes and develops to amazing degrees, and plotting and foreshadowing that will blow everything else out of the water. It was the first series that created a truly cohesive and grand story like a novel, instead of the standalone episodes and monster-of-the-week episodes that was standard fare at the time. The series looks old and dated in the beginning, but you'll quickly get used to it, and it will almost become a charm. It really doesn't matter, because the writing is so crazy good. The first season appears to be case-of-the-week type stuff, but there's tons of foreshadowing and world-building, and the stories are clever with real moral dilemmas. When you're done, you'll look back at it with awe.

Rating: 10/10
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2015-01-30 at 10:10 AM.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deadwood

Seasons: 3, it should have had two more.
    Plot: It's about a town.
    Lead actors: Timothy Olyphant and Ian McShane
    Genre: Western / Drama
    Why I like the show: The dialogue is stunning and the acting is brilliant. Cocksucker
    Personal rating: 9
    Last edited by Feral Camel; 2015-01-30 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Had two written as to. Brain fart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone know Friends, right? I grew up watching it. I'm watching it through on Netflix atm, so good.

Deleted
    Spartacus!!

3 Seasons, all amazing. I think I just love it for all the action and gore in it, I am a big lover of sword fighting shows/films!

If you've not seen it, go watch it now! You won't regret it

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Title: The Wire
    I think your right, I'm not my personal favourite but I still think its the best television series of all time. This my my favourite scene from it;

For me The Profit & Shark Tank are up there, but I'm also really into The Americans. I definitely do not have enough time between work/school to watch the tons of shows i'd like to be watching though.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)