PTR NOTES Further Nerfs To Resto Druid

What is going on here?

Rejuvenation now scales with 54.2% of Spell Power, down from 57%.

Why is Blizzard nerfing us and leaving Paladin and buffing disc back up a bit?

From all the the logs I've seen Resto druids are about 3rd in terms of overall healing. Are they playing the same game as us?

Deleted
    It's not a nerf. It's a tooltip fix from the 5% nerf hotfix earlier.
    And that nerf was to compensate for the 11% haste buff.
    Last edited by mmoc35ac87312e; 2015-01-18 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the Wild Mushroom a tooltip update, as well. Live it still says we can bloom it, which is of course not accurate...I am just not sure if the values of Spell power to healing values is just updated on the ptr notes to what they are currently in game.

Signature design by Shyama
    I would rather have 30 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special!

However, it's a legitimate question as to why the 5% Rejuv nerf needed to happen in the first place. Every other healer also got buffed by the 11% haste buff, and we are the only ones that got hit with a nerf to compensate for it. We are generally sitting in the middle of the pack currently, and Disc is still sitting 5%+ above every other healer despite their raid cooldown not showing up on meters and even after a 15% PWS nerf. Nerfing Rejuv and not nerfing Paladins and Disc further made absolutely no sense.

Deleted
    I love how people cry for additional nerf to disc priests. They are so broken it is sad. Nerfing PW:S by 15% (especially to all specs) was one of the worst decisions (regarding priest tuning) because it didn't solve the problem and created even more problems. They are already worst PVP healers and in PVE they are broken even more when it comes to mechanics. Idea of preventing damage is great but doesn't really fit well in WoW PVE, especially the way they did it, that is, spam PW:S.

Before someone says, who cares about PVP? Here's the thing, being 5% ahead in PVE matters pretty much only on Mythic and only small majority of player base actually raids Mythic, however, these changes have huge impact on PVP.

The problem with current state of disc priest won't be solved by buff/nerf, it needs major overhaul. I've never been so bored playing disc priest, especially in PVP due to their play style.

inb4 someone trolls me: Disc priest needs redesign, not buff/nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    I dunno, disc just doesn't feel as fun as it used to, can't really comment on their performance in high end stuff because I just don't like 'em any more..

But anyway, back to the topic at hand: Resto is feeling pretty mediocre at the moment; the rotation feels good, but the heals just don't seem to be cutting it. Maybe a buff to mastery is in order? To be honest it'd be nice to know for sure what stats to be going for anyway, haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Every other healer also got buffed by the 11% haste buff
    Every other healer doesn't have 80-90% of their healing from heal over time spells that increase quadratic to haste in terms of HPC.

I love how people cry for additional nerf to disc priests. They are so broken it is sad. Nerfing PW:S by 15% (especially to all specs) was one of the worst decisions (regarding priest tuning) because it didn't solve the problem and created even more problems. They are already worst PVP healers and in PVE they are broken even more when it comes to mechanics. Idea of preventing damage is great but doesn't really fit well in WoW PVE, especially the way they did it, that is, spam PW:S.

Before someone says, who cares about PVP? Here's the thing, being 5% ahead in PVE matters pretty much only on Mythic and only small majority of player base actually raids Mythic, however, these changes have huge impact on PVP.

The problem with current state of disc priest won't be solved by buff/nerf, it needs major overhaul. I've never been so bored playing disc priest, especially in PVP due to their play style.

Oh nice, calling everyone who disagrees with your a troll pre-emptively, that will ensure you are always right! What are you, 12?

Fact is, Blizzard cannot redesign a class at this point, not in the middle of a tier. They just don't do that any more. All they can do is tweak coefficients, but they will not redesign mechanics until a new tier hits, which means that disc will stay the way it is now until at least 6.2 (with possible number tweaks but no mechanic changes). Either learn to like it or reroll.

1) Most people agree that it needs redesign but per above that's not happening in a patch that doesn't even have a raid tier.

2) It's not that we don't care about PvP, but most posters here are with a PvE perspective primarily and we care more that Disc is OP in PvE. I guarantee if you try to poll, most of us (and probably most PvPers too) would fully support abilities doing different amounts in PvE and PvP.