Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yeah, I mean most books don't use words like that :P maybe if he said "I'm going to be a classic novel writer in the style of the 1700s and use a bunch of obscure words!"
    None of those words are obscure. English is not my first language and I'm not a writer but I know what every one of those words is...

ETA: except "hypertrophy" because that seems like medical jargon.
    Last edited by des1234; 2015-01-19 at 02:51 PM.

Deleted
    Work is work, do what ever as itll be better than sitting on your ass doing jack shit.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go get a physical job. Get ripped while making bank. Or study hard, get through college, and come out of college with a job that actually pays well, and leaves enough time to do whatever you really want with your free time.

Deleted
    Save a bit of money and start climbing, all you need is a pair of climbing shoes and that white powder which i can never remember the name of. (Luckily they understand me when i want to buy "white powdery stuff" and dont call the police on me)

Quote Originally Posted by neffero View Post
    I get straight A's in the hardest classes my school has to offer. I'm not trying to show off, but I'm just saying I have school down.
    I can get into really good schools, but since I'm to poor to afford even tuition (not to mention getting there and other external costs) I can forget about going anywhere but locally, which is some crappy university that I'm going to dread going to for the next 4 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it a little odd that this straight A takes all the hardest classes student didn't know what plasma was?
    Good point, all those A's from the hardest classes in a Miami high school (opposed to a hick town's) but no half decent school will give him a scholarship? I sense exaggeration.

Boca Raton and Boyton Beach may be too far for you, but last time I checked Tomodachi Judo Club was free to join. They are a non-profit that accepts donations only. You would probably need to buy a gi for $50 at some point, but they probably have loaners to start. Club is run by a very nice and welcoming group of people.

http://www.judous.com/

There are other judo clubs in Miami itself, but there are probably fees associated with them and I have no first hand experience with them.

In your OP you mentioned an interest in MMA but can't do it due to the cost. MMA and BJJ schools are typically run as businesses and will usually be more expensive.

Most people who run judo clubs (e.g. Tomodachi) are not there to make a profit but only to cover their expenses (utilities, rent, mats, etc). They will typically be much cheaper. If you can find a more local club, email/call them and let them know your situation. They can usually help you out on the cost side. You may be asked to help clean the dojo, volunteer at tournaments, or do some other type of community service to compensate.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a message. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

I am doing extremely good at school...
    Are you sure about that?

Deleted
    I wanted to do parkour - it's $150 month and my parents say it's too expensive (It's the cheapest long term plan they have)
    How the hell can just running around cost $150 a month??

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltah View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    Superman does good.

Man, made myself sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Spoiler: 

I lived on the streets lad, my mother tried her best to rise my younger bro and me, my dad was "working class" drunkard during economic crash of my country who we saw only when he beat us up. I literally lived on the streets with my bro running from home and all the beating, since my family is refugee for war torn country, so here i didnt had anybody but them, we didnt have to whom to run to, sometimes sleeping under cardboard box working minor stuff like cleaning shoes/running small errands like walking dogs for tips. Finished elementary school (here is by the age of 14), starting high school (high school is completely optional here and its 14-18y) right after that.

At the age of 16 i got my first real job with slavery like pay, manual labor on construction sites/moving companies and stuff like that. It wasnt easy, but it put food on the table for my mother, bro and me, i didnt care about my dad much tbh.

At 18 i ended up doing 3, 4b, 6 and 7. in my suggestions, i was working ANY LEGAL JOB that i could find, often two at the times, sometimes even taking the third, part time job, i wanted to live like "normal" kids, you know, sometimes eat an icecream or a bag of chips, and above all, i wanted for my brother to have "normal" live, well as much "normal" as it could get. In my free time i was skating and drawing graffiti for ppl that paid me, spray sponsors, ppl that wanted to display their love, small, family, business who wanted to be seen advertising in different way, but also spending time learning stuff that im interested it like car mechanic, fixing household stuff.

At the age of 20 i was kicked out of house because i finally had a strength to stud up to my father, beatings had to stop, my mom was extremely sick and mentally degraded due to our fathers torture. Immediately i joined the army as i knew that i had no options, i didnt wanted to be homeless. Meantime my mother died and my bro left the home finding his own feature. I wanst in contact with him for 3years since i was stationed in "high risk zone" on a land from which i run from when war started. Army paid good since i was stationed in "high risk zone", i asked to be stationed there, they didnt pick me up for it. "High risk zone" - probable armed ambushes, and attacks on us, a zone where civil war could break up any second and u could get shoot while taking a dump. First few month i could hardly sleep from fear of dying, i felt my mind slipping away. After those few months i completely relaxed and got used to it, living it normally like you OP, or anybody who reads this, live their normal lives.
    After i finished army, at my start of 24, i rented a flat, losing all connections to the friends and functionality in the world i knew that if i dont do something ill end up on the street.

Few months later, at the age of 24 i got shoot during a robbery of my flat, one of the bullets damaged my spine and i almost ended up losing my legs. There was nothing really for taking there, average households PC, headphones, two pair of sneakers and some clothes, some undies and socks was all i was owning. I was out of that flat and into the hospital for 6 months. Doctors said i could possibly never walk again, that there was a slim chance of recovery, but it was a long shot. There i figured "Hey, i lost my legs, my brain is still fine, lets learn something and work over the web, why not?" and i did. While i was in hospital i saved up some money from translating papers for students, mainly writing their final paper, for a low-end PC. For next 2 years i lived in a shed who, when it rained outside it was raining even more inside. There i learned Photoshop, Illustrator and basic of website developments and got a job BUT i put all my money into going to medical recovery clinic and doing exercises. The cost of that exercises was.. horrific, but i didnt wanted to give up on my self and life.
    Lad, during that time i often havent eat for 2-3days, just eating a bread, one bread lasted me for 3-4days. yea, it was hard to eat after 2days, but put a little water on it and its good as new. I was taking a bath by boiling a rain water or melting a snow because i didnt want to allow my self to fall that low to even lose my personal hygiene. Winters were long and harsh there, but summers were beautiful, mainly because i was falling a sleep looking at stars trough my roof and waking up with sun.
    Before the shooting my bro ended up in jail for weed possession and dealing so he was unable to help me no matter how much he wanted. I did a full recovery, those years were hell it self. I personally think that ppl whos drugs got seized on my bro were thinking that its actually stashed in my flat. I just happen to came by when they were looking for it.

At my 27, when i recovered, i ended pretty much disappointed in the world, people and life, i didnt had a bed, normal home, friends or a girlfriend (even if i had one where could i take her to?), my bro was in the jail and i ended up pretty much dead mentally. Then one day i just woke up and said "Its enough!" I knew that i was good at drawing, so i was thinking about being a tattoo artist, why the hell not? I didnt have where to work, but that didnt stop me from learning about it, i read so many online stuff, books, tutorials, watched the videos, figuring out on my self why i how tattoo machine work, what makes it run, parts of it and everything else.

At my 28 my bro get out of jail, i immediately recommended him to my boss and he got the job. Two months later we rented our own flat and decided to get tattooed, something personal, to be sure no matter where we are and in what shit we are we will always have each other. At tattoo studio i got to know some nice people, quite honest, openminded and, above all, good people who kept smiling even so everybody judged them. Tattoos here are still a taboo. Little by little, visiting them on friendly basics i started learning more about tattooing, first by watching then by asking stupid questions like:"What needle goes in what tip? what voltage for what color/type of work?" etc.. There i decided that i want to save up for my equipment and give it a go.

At my 29 i started tattooing with them.. Soon after i decided that i want to start college (same as high school, college here is a completely optional thing and its usually at the age 19-23). I signed up for Designing and i got in. Not long after we decided to open our own studio since we were working for a lad who was money hungry and wasnt interested in tattooing at all, he just drug us down with his stupid scheduling and stupid/small tattoos. We opened tattoo studio, different one, openminded, radical, a studio who didnt wanted to see tattooing as "work" but rather than as "art." Bad words travel fast, good words travel even faster, ppl spread the word about us, new artist joined in, some of them are pros, some of them are, like me, still semi-noobs at it, but we grew and we still grow.

Now, at my age of 31 i have a rental flat, im still in college (i just have final exam but im kinda lazy to finish it as finally i can enjoy my life), im still employed at the company, im working in a team with my brother, im co-owner of tattoo studio, we started our own brand of street cloths and i have people that i will love till the end of my life.
    Friend, you are a Hero and have my utmost respect. May life offer you the best it can. I salute you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    This right statement here does a good job painting a picture of the type of person you are.

Edit: Misunderstood that. I took it as he wouldn't give YOU any of his money. My apologies. If he refuses to help with the house, then he should be removed.
    Op does suggest entitlement, 'everyone should pay for me'.