Mythic Butcher looking for advices

Hi, here are logs of our wipes. We're tanking him in water (common strategy). https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=24. A couple of points I'd like to make before you start log analysis:
    1) I've told everyone they should use runes that give +50 mainstat.
    2) Could you into at our lock, warrior and monk dps? It seems they are under performing, maybe you could tell what should they change etc.
    3) When i've tried going arcane to increase dps (i'm mage ) I was getting same dps as frost. Maybe some mages could look into them. I'm geared for frost, but I've heard you should still have more dps even with multistrike gear.
    Thanks in advance!

Your problem is very simple. You have way too many people pulling beneath 30k dps. You should have all your dps at 30k+ for this fight.

Your lock and warrior should change spec

With that tank damage too they need at least 31k+ for their dps surely?
    If people are playing bad then clear another reset on mythic and you should be able to push it.

Also, like over half of your dps are not double potting.

The fact that your holy pally and disc priest are below your rshaman and rdruid is pretty troubling too...

well looks like everyone is dying earlier? no attempt over 4:04, recently progressed this in 1 night and killed it, longest attempt was a 4:29 wipe, so 4:04 there's another 25 seconds you can find with bops/ice blocks/evasion/fd etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevalus View Post
    Your lock and warrior should change spec
    Not really, I play Gladiator and was pulling those kinda numbers at 20ilvl below him, for a start he did not prepot nor did he use a pot towards the end. He's also using the cheap weapon enchant. His biggest issue is not the spec he's using but the fact that he's a slacker.

That's not to say that there's no benefit to switch spec, but the low damage has nothing to do with his spec.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

You should ask your healers to sort out their CDs and stop letting people die 30s before the enrage. I have only looked at 3 4'+ attempts, but in all 3, you have 4-5 people dying at ~3:30 when the boss were at ~16-17%. It will be close, but if your DPS didn't die, you could have killed him.

(Additionally, 15-18k for tank is low. They should be looking at ~20k, possibly more)

Thanks for replies, more are welcome. Hope someone looks into those who unperformed and tell what's wrong and what should they change (besides double pot etc). As far as I can remember warrior doesn't have gear to support other specs (I don't know much about warriors, they gear etc though). Btw is monk underperforming or do they just suck on single target? He used to be doing fine on other single boss encounters. Same goes for warrior, don't get why he's so low on this boss specifically. Also plz tell what tanks should do to be ~20k dps since most tanks manage to pull 19-21k on this fight.
    Last edited by Sanya V; 2015-01-19 at 08:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Not really, I play Gladiator and was pulling those kinda numbers at 20ilvl below him, for a start he did not prepot nor did he use a pot towards the end. He's also using the cheap weapon enchant. His biggest issue is not the spec he's using but the fact that he's a slacker.

That's not to say that there's no benefit to switch spec, but the low damage has nothing to do with his spec.
    You forgot to add how big your cock is.

Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2015-01-19 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    Sigh your monk... With gear he has he should be doing 30k without much problem.... There is so much stuff wrong, really bad opener, missing FoF casts, even not finishing some cause he times them badly, he doesnt use transcendence for getting back to boss faster, his usage of tigereye brew ussage is never ever paired with trinket or ring procs.. using FoF during serenity, using his quen after 3 min of the fight, but wont pair it with second pot etc...

There is so many stuff wrong about his dps, this was just basics. He could/should be pulling 30-33k dps

Quote Originally Posted by darkinspiration View Post
    Sigh your monk... With gear he has he should be doing 30k without much problem.... There is so much stuff wrong, really bad opener, missing FoF casts, even not finishing some cause he times them badly, he doesnt use transcendence for getting back to boss faster, his usage of tigereye brew ussage is never ever paired with trinket or ring procs.. using FoF during serenity, using his quen after 3 min of the fight, but wont pair it with second pot etc...

There is so many stuff wrong about his dps, this was just basics. He could/should be pulling 30-33k dps
    That's a good example of quality analysis, thx for sharing. Could you get more into details so I can instruct him? Or perhaps share a quality guide where those points are covered.

Deleted
    Pretty good guide that covers most of stuff:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Windwalker-PvE

Some basic stuff:

Opener should look like:
    Starting with 4 or 5 chi pre pull.
    On 2 of countdown you pot.
    On 1 cast chi wave (with time to travel to boss it will hit him at 0)
    On 0 hit quen and Flying serpent kick to boss (you can also tigers lust at about 3 or 4 and run to boss)

Once you are at boss apply Tiger Palm (you are left with 3 or 2 chi)
    Use Rising Sun Kick (you are at 1 or 0 chi after)
    Use both Chi brews (5 or 4 chi after)
    Use Tigereye brew macroed with racial and trinket if you have
    Use FoF
    (the fastest you do above, the more dmg you will do since most of your procs will be up for FoF if you are fast)

Since there is lust on pull on butcher delay serenity till end of the lust.
    When you have some downtime with energy regen place your transcendence.
    (you get one more FoF in before serenity, than i like to hit serenity with about 12ish seconds till my FoF comes off cd). When you hit serenity you should be at 10 stacks already and with some luck with tiger strikes procking, giving you extra dmg. After serenity you have enough time to get whole FoF in before knock back (you need to be fast and time it right so knock back doesnt cancel it)

Use Chi wave on cooldown, your WW only uses it 9 times, missing few. Use FoF on cooldown (pay attention to knockback timer so it doesnt cancel FoF - you always want to get full FoF out), use RsK on cooldown.

Time Tigereye brew with trinket/ring or tigerstrikes proc for extra dmg, meaning you are saving them till about 16 stacks if needed, to have them saved when procs happen.

Another thing, trough whole fight (except lust phase) you want to be moving between 3-5 and 2-4 chi (3-5 being ideal), you never really want to hit 0 chi except if last chi you used was for FoF or RsK, meaning that if you are siting at 3 or 5 chi when FoF or RsK comes off cd you can use them right away.

After knock back use transcendence to get back to boss right away, dont forget to recast it before new knockback, you have enough downtime to use GCD for it.

Time second pot with quen, tigereyes, energizing brew or serenity.

Some other tips about fight: ToK is dps increase and helps healers, worth using for 2nd or 3rd hit of stack. Dampen harm splits dmg of stack hit, I suggest using it on second or third hit of stack, it lasts long so you can still have it up for new round of stacks.

Make sure you have ToD glyphed for this fight, gives you 3 extra chi you dont have to use on it (since stuff get a bit hectic at the end and healing till that point shouldnt be a problem you can save Fort. Brew till end of fight for that extra HP and less dmg taken, AND it also increase dmg of your ToD.).

I am sure i missed some stuff..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

armor pots dont show up in analysis He did pot twice.

As for the lock, if he wants to play destro he can it wont be as good as either other spec. He shouldnt use servitude use cata as the terrorgaurd CD will do around the same damage as the perma one due to the short fight. his chaosbolt damage is abnormally low for a mostly stand still fight. Looking at his generator casts + crits he had enough embers throughout the fight to CB twice as many times as he did. He can havoc the boss and conflag/inc an add for extra embers. He should never use Shadowburn single target. Its a loss over CB. I only see Shards of nothing used in his buffs. If he has coplands or another on use trinket he should use that for this fights using one in the opening DS then the next with the following DS. So he can get 2 uses of both of them.

As for the disc priest. Dont use reflective shields the damage gained after the nerf isnt worth the healing loss from PW:S 3 seconds sooner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanya V View Post
    That's a good example of quality analysis, thx for sharing. Could you get more into details so I can instruct him? Or perhaps share a quality guide where those points are covered.
    Your asking for a guide that breaks down his exact DPS rotation over a 4min fight, that guide is unlikely to exisit, but TBH if you're 4-5/7 Mythic shouldn't the expectation be that your DPS know this stuff already, at the very least if they are underperforming they should themselves be dissecting logs of players at their same ilvl in warcraft logs who are pulling more dps and seeing how/when abilities are used.

I mean matching up your 2nd pot with your 2/3min CD's is hardly rocket science.
    Using a teleport or speed boost ability to maximise uptime on boss, again hardly something that you would expect to have to tell a player at this level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    I mean matching up your 2nd pot with your 2/3min CD's is hardly rocket science.
    Using a teleport or speed boost ability to maximise uptime on boss, again hardly something that you would expect to have to tell a player at this level.
    I do agree with that. You have few players that arent mythic raiders imo. Its on players to know their rotation, what works best for their class on what fight etc... You are trying to do their job for them right now.. Which is nice and all but maybe you need to see how to "fix" them as players and get them to do their own research, practice etc...

Thx for input, keep those tips coming . As for what you've said about attitude of some players - sometimes you have to work with what you got. Awesome players just don't drop on your head you know Even if you recruit actively @ tradechat and forums. It's not that I didn't understand that those particular players either didn't have the attitude or skill, it's just we don't have other options ATM, so I thought I'd find info for them in order to improve. Also wanted to confirm my thoughts its them not doing stuff properly + attitude\preparation problem, and not just their class lacking. Either way I wouldn't be able to figure out what exactly they were doing wrong without your help guys (since I don't play their class).

Quote Originally Posted by zelis View Post
    You forgot to add how big your cock is.

Infracted;
    Sorry you're right.

9 inches. 10 inches when I'm talking about Gladiator, naturally.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Your holy paladin is using the wrong lvl 90 talent and he is spaming holy radiance so he reach 30% with < 20k mana, he should be using int pot for the 30%, he is using badly his wings.