Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What is the point of Recycle?

Recycle, 6 mana return an enemy minion into your opponent's deck, so he can play it again.

Assasination, 5 mana outright destroy a minion...

...wut.

Recycle avoids deathrattles.
    Wastes a card draw for your opponent.
    Sets them back on tempo.

Would you rather outright kill Slyvanas/Cairne or would you rather basically silence it and remove it from the board?

It seems great against expensive minions, as the opponent would both have to draw and play him again. Which would almost cost his entire turn just to do that.

Deleted
    The thing is, sap does pretty much the same thing for only 2 mana. Sure, the card goes back to the opponent's hand but making it go to the opponent's deck instead doesn't justify the extra 4 mana. Costing 6 mana makes this card completely unplayable. Should have been 3-4 mana max.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-01-24 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    The thing is, sap does pretty much the same thing for only 2 mana. Sure, the card goes back to the opponent's hand but making it go to the opponent's deck instead doesn't justify the extra 4 mana. Costing 6 mana makes this card completely unplayable. Should have been 3-4 mana max.
    What if it goes to the very bottom of their deck? That basically means they won't see it ever again that game, in the right circumstances it's potentially a game-changer.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mana ramp and big creatures are Druid's thing. They have removal but it comes with strings (card draw for opponent, creature spawn, replayability). Recycle's cost makes sense considering Druid's efficiency comes primarily from creatures not spells. Plus they can ramp.

HS mimics MTG's color pie where Druid is green with a dash of red and blue. Those colors aren't known for unconditional removal either.
    Last edited by Bavol; 2015-01-24 at 01:15 AM.

Druid is not meant to have strong, direct removals with no consequences while compared to Rogue they rely on combos.

Deleted
    Fits druid class pretty well. They're not supposed to have strong, cost-efficient removal, instead they have very efficient minions and mana ramp.

It is also better removal than Assasinate. It ignores deathrattles (hard counter to things like Sylvanas or Carine) and it puts it back to the opponent's DECK, not hand.

Pretty bad card for Arena, could be good in constructed druid ramp deck. In Arena you really want an ogre that will go 2-3 for 1 in almsot all cases instead of this. But in constructed players often rely on combos or certain OP legendaries, it might see some use there.

Deleted
    Tempo gain for the person who plays it, if used correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Tempo gain for the person who plays it, if used correctly.
    Yeah no, it costs 6 mana and does nothing to the board outside of itself so tempo is more or less gone when played. If you wanna see tempo swings, check BGH or TBK.

@OP. Its a really bad card. There are many. Just don't use.

10+ Year Old Account
    druids are a class that rely heavily on nature. recycling is a big part of that nature aspect. carbon foot print etc
    Hi

Deleted
    I can see the benefit of Recycle - it dodges silence, and forces you opponent to spend more mana. But I can't get behind it costing more than Assassinate. The potential for your opponent to play the card again is a big downside. It should cost 5 or even 4 if we're being really generous. The fact that no one is playing it (even despite Druid's need of direct removal) shows how poorly costed it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Yeah no, it costs 6 mana and does nothing to the board outside of itself so tempo is more or less gone when played. If you wanna see tempo swings, check BGH or TBK.

@OP. Its a really bad card. There are many. Just don't use.
    It is a tempo card, I didn't say it was a good card, there's a reason it see's little to no competitive play, hell I don't even think its in Mill Druid.

Deleted
    Its a bad assasinate that avoids shenanigans.

I don't like it, but I see its possible uses as a tempo swing.

Fills a gap because Druids have very few hard removal cards.

Has many uses. It wastes any buffs cast on the card, pushes tempo back, wastes enemy mana, avoids deathrattles, forces eg, Warlocks to re-incur negative battlecries...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Fills a gap because Druids have very few hard removal cards.

Has many uses. It wastes any buffs cast on the card, pushes tempo back, wastes enemy mana, avoids deathrattles, forces eg, Warlocks to re-incur negative battlecries...
    sap does the same stuff you just mentioned for 2 mana...
    and frankly, if druid was looking for removal that would give him tempo over value, he would just go with naturalize, atleast that lets him use up to 9 mana the same turn, not sure what druid has left to play with 4 mana after recycle...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    and frankly, if druid was looking for removal that would give him tempo over value, he would just go with naturalize, atleast that lets him use up to 9 mana the same turn, not sure what druid has left to play with 4 mana after recycle...
    Sap sure would be great if you were playing a Rogue instead of a Druid.

Removal is part of the Rogue kit, it's not really part of Druid, until now they only had Naturalise and it has a significant drawback (geddit?).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Druids aren't rogues

/end thread
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Druids aren't rogues

/end thread
    But their cards are still balanced by the same rules. Now obviously Recycle is more powerful than Sap, but if all you want to do is quasi-silence and gain tempo, Sap does that a lot better. Is the shuffling into the deck really worth 4 mana?

Class cards aren't balanced on an individual basis alone, they are also balanced against all the cards available to that class.

Well, except when they aren't :P