Deleted

CC vs burst in pvp right now - what wins the fight?

I had a little discussion going on in my guild today about what matter's "the most" right now in PvP; CC or burst.

I would say it all mostly comes down to the pvp setting (BG or arena, 2v2 or 3v3, etc) but I would still choose a solid CC train over just pure bursting the enemies down asap, even in 2v2, and they pretty much disagreed with it and favouring the fast nuke.

What would you guys say is stronger in a pvp enviroment right now, CC or Burst?

10+ Year Old Account
    Top rating? Pretty balanced. You see it all, lsd-style comps with sustained damage and cc, or comps like rmd with burst dmg and cc. Just burst dmg without anything to back it up is only a thing at low rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    As a ranged class whenever I fight a frost dk, I remember about the last fight in the old ICC dungeons where you had to run from the Lich King and board the flying ship. Dks do a shitload of damage but they are kitable as fuck and easy to keep off your back. As a hunter there is no excuse to ever lose a 1v1 with a frost dk, provided ofcouse the fight doesn't take place in a box.

Quote Originally Posted by Vardra View Post
    As a ranged class whenever I fight a frost dk, I remember about the last fight in the old ICC dungeons where you had to run from the Lich King and board the flying ship. Dks do a shitload of damage but they are kitable as fuck and easy to keep off your back. As a hunter there is no excuse to ever lose a 1v1 with a frost dk, provided ofcouse the fight doesn't take place in a box.
    As a hunter there's no excuse to lose against anyone, since hunters are broken as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    As a hunter there's no excuse to lose against anyone, since hunters are broken as fuck.
    Hunters can't beat balance druids and affliction locks. Survival especially can't as you can't kite those things nor out damage them and some aff locks can even drain tank you. And MM is kinda crap against rogues and ferals or at least it's a roulette. Not sure how MM will be against rogues next patch that burst of skill got a cd, though.

No matter how good you are on a hunter, at least 2 classes will beat you.
    Last edited by mmocf092138a52; 2015-01-26 at 12:07 PM.

10vs10: Impossible to kill anything(or even get anything below 50%) if 3 enemy healers are freecasting.
    2v2: Survival hunter/resto druid cc-chain comps heavily dominate the top of the ladder. Crowd control one opponent while hunter slowly whiddles down the other, no burst whatsoever required.

Looks like both at small and large scale pvp, crowd control is still more important than burst.

Also, pretty much all the burst combos also require good CC synergy to work. Rogue/mage rely heavily on long cc-chains to get a kill. Most other double dps burst combos simply aren't viable (because of lack of CC) and get heavily pooped on.
    Last edited by Romeo83x; 2015-01-26 at 12:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the combination between the 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Top rating? Pretty balanced. You see it all, lsd-style comps with sustained damage and cc, or comps like rmd with burst dmg and cc. Just burst dmg without anything to back it up is only a thing at low rating.
    Balanced? all you see is resto druid, rogue and mages. 2 WW monks in the top 1000

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Balanced? all you see is resto druid, rogue and mages. 2 WW monks in the top 1000
    You missed the purpose of my post. OP asked about CC vs burst in general. Top rating has a balanced representation of the both. I never said the classes were balanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

CC is the biggest difference between players. Using it, using it at the right times, and using it in combination with your teammates. Nothing exists in the game today like 5.0 Stampede/TfB or 5.3 Thugcleave, and even pre-nerf Demo Locks required CC/Setup/Buildup.

Viable comps are largely defined by how their CC works together. The only other style you really see is Rot, usually with an Aff Lock, but you'd be hardpressed to classify that as "burst".

Deleted
    i have noticed that CC is really prominent in an RBG. you CC the other healers and try to take down the remaining healer or CC all healers and take down the most threatening DPS. i tend to use CC a lot defensively too, to help peel our healers.

Deleted
    1 dps with CC and one with Burst pretty much.

or double burst TSG style

Deleted
    It will forever be a combination of both.