Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Demonbolt stealth nerf?

Hi.

Am I the only one to notice a difference on demonbolt damage in PvP? Before I could hit for like 60-70k noncrit without stacks and dark soul up, now I hit for like 30-40k. Maybe this is just a rumour but there's also a thread on the forums: eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13124767447

Quote Originally Posted by LPF View Post
    Hi.

Am I the only one to notice a difference on demonbolt damage in PvP? Before I could hit for like 60-70k noncrit without stacks and dark soul up, now I hit for like 30-40k. Maybe this is just a rumour but there's also a thread on the forums: eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13124767447
    I've seen 3-4 of these threads in the last day on different forums, I don't PvP so I can't tell you the answer. Just hope its not PvE though.

Deleted
    yeah I think they nerfed it in pvp, only 80k crits with 3 stacks, down from 140k
    Last edited by mmoca34c58dfba; 2015-01-18 at 08:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyyu View Post
    yeah I think they nerfed it in pvp, only 80k crits with 3 stacks, down from 140k
    knew it... I was crying of happiness when I saw demo is viable again in pvp and now it's cut down to being useless again. Why?

knew it... I was crying of happiness when I saw demo is viable again in pvp and now it's cut down to being useless again. Why?
    Huge hits are reserved for uninterruptible instant attacks like obliterate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demonic servitude should be changed completely for demo. Does anyone use it ever? It should be something that makes single target DPS viable without demon bolt, and that's useful for pvp.

Because honestly, just building up for that oneshot every minute while the opposing team tries to stop it is not fun for anyone.

The literal same reason they did the same stealth nerf to CB in pvp previously, + the reason they changed how taste for blood worked.

Literally 1shotting people is not ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The literal same reason they did the same stealth nerf to CB in pvp previously, + the reason they changed how taste for blood worked.

Because at 2k+ rating no team can stop a Demonbolt, let alone 6 to get high enough stacks for a 1 shot DB ?
    Ever played against melee's who rips your face off with white hits which do more damage as a casted CB or DB ?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    Because at 2k+ rating no team can stop a Demonbolt, let alone 6 to get high enough stacks for a 1 shot DB ?
    Ever played against melee's who rips your face off with white hits which do more damage as a casted CB or DB ?
    You comprehend you simply need to get one off in a 35 second window in order to keep the stacks right?

and then once you have the stacks you have a 35 second window in order to get the cast off... you think at a 2k+ rating a team can't get a single cast off every 35 seconds?

You being serious?

You comprehend you simply need to get one off in a 35 second window in order to keep the stacks right?

and then once you have the stacks you have a 35 second window in order to get the cast off... you think at a 2k+ rating a team can't get a single cast off every 35 seconds?

You being serious?
    Except that's not how it works and you have no idea what you are talking about?

You being serious?

You being serious?
    You already said you were clueless about PvP. Why do you keep talking trash and nonsense. Have you even stepped into an arena lately?
    Demonbolt and Chaos Bolt have BARELY anything to do with Taste for Blood.
    TfB could stack up randomly on the warrior without you being able to do anything about it. Your enemy would get stacks instantly and once he reached 4 or 5 you'd basically have to completely disable him for the rest of the buff's duration, without letting him have a single second of uptime on you if you wanted to avoid it.

Chaos Bolt in MoP required resource generation, which you could easily slow down by interrupting/LoSing and then required the warlock to let off a 3 second cast-time spell.

Demon Bolt now also required a lot of resource generation, and although it has a much shorter cast time it needs to get to at least 2 stacks before doing noticeable damage. Keep in mind that as a warlock you have much fewer ways to get spells off in WoD, in addition to the fact that it's Chaos damage which means you'd get locked out of both schools if interrupted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsemonster View Post
    Huge hits are reserved for uninterruptible instant attacks like obliterate.
    This. Huge retarded damaged is reserved for melee instants in WoD. Huge dots also btw: Feral bleeds.

Probably PvP only, my 281k DB was pretty happy to meet the face of Impregnator yesterday.

Warlock is fun in PvP? Not working as intended

Armory^

This, no one likes to be 1shotted with a 280k DB to the face. Although I would like to see other specs than just affli viable for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystickiller View Post
    This, no one likes to be 1shotted with a 280k DB to the face. Although I would like to see other specs than just affli viable for PvP.
    Except you're not getting one shot, you're being hit repeatedly by an ability up until it stacks up to around 6 times for it to "one shot" you.

Honestly, it was just really nice while it lasted, as a warlock I never get to witness my spells taking actual chunks out of people health, it was extremely gratifying getting a DB burst off

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Honestly, it was just really nice while it lasted, as a warlock I never get to witness my spells taking actual chunks out of people health, it was extremely gratifying getting a DB burst off
    Did you get to do that little stint in mop where CW was hitting as hard as pre-pvpnerfed CB and people were just dumping two of those out and gibbing people since it still had that delay?

Good times, good times.

Did you get to do that little stint in mop where CW was hitting as hard as pre-pvpnerfed CB and people were just dumping two of those out and gibbing people since it still had that delay?

Good times, good times.
    Hell yeah I forgot about those times, they were beautiful, brings a tear to my eye

Armory^

Deleted
    does someone can confirm that it is ONLY a pvp nerf ?