Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blackrock Foundry Itemization

So currently i am a 661 Frost mage stacking Multistrike since that is our 1st priority... currently im looking at the Itemization in BRF and im very dissapointed that there is little Multi on the gear at all .... all i see is Crit haste and mastery .. now i dont know if Blizz is retarded or is doing this purposely to force us to change spec in BRF but so far im not liking what im am seeing .... btw im to lazy to space out my sentences

Well Mage bro, frost is only good this teir because of the itemization, given the wide range of stats that we can use and the relative lack of Multistrike, arcane and later fire will be BiS. As such I am not really seeing a question. Could you perhaps rephrase?

The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one is forcing you to change specs. Honestly, way too many people focus on the secondaries when Int and tier bonuses surpass them. Itemization this tier has been awkward yes but that doesn't mean you have to respec constantly. Just play what you enjoy, no need to get upset over secondaries
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing

There is no question i am just stating that I do not enjoy the fact that the itemization in BRF is so poor for Frost mages.... I love to play Frost mages currently and do not enjoy the other 2 specs what im trying to say is i will have no choice but to respec and to answer Mountain as I am in a progression guild i have no choice but to spec in the Cookie cutter spec ... Now I would just like to know the input of other mages and even frost mages on how they will try to balance out the itemization with BRF coming up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mageinbed View Post
    There is no question i am just stating that I do not enjoy the fact that the itemization in BRF is so poor for Frost mages.... I love to play Frost mages currently and do not enjoy the other 2 specs what im trying to say is i will have no choice but to respec and to answer Mountain as I am in a progression guild i have no choice but to spec in the Cookie cutter spec ... Now I would just like to know the input of other mages and even frost mages on how they will try to balance out the itemization with BRF coming up
    No decent progression guild will force a pure dps class into a spec he/she is not comfortable with. Fire and Arcane may be the better specs but that doesn't mean Frost is unusable. They are relatively close so no one can fault you for not playing the flavor of the month.

Now to your original question, there's a decent amount of Multistrike gear (7 pieces) so it's not like you are multistrike starved. Just grab everything except the helm from the Tier set, the staff and Helm from Gruul, the trinkets from Blackhand and Beastlord, and then any extra multistrike gear that drops. The rest of it doesn't really matter much as a Frost mage so just pick up the biggest ilvl upgrade.

Deleted
    So when Highmaul drops exclusively MS gear none of the arcane and fire mages did complain about it, but now when the next raid dont drop so much MS gear the frost mages start to complain? I dont know what to say except what the mountain monkey said

frost single target is still better than fire and not FAR off arcane, and still in the top 5 dps specs overall

don't stress.

Quote Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
    frost single target is still better than fire and not FAR off arcane, and still in the top 5 dps specs overall

don't stress.
    That's not true. Simcraft says it is but if you look at actual logs, frost is more like middle of the pack.

Deleted
    if you are not on mythic, than frost will be ok for you

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    That's not true. Simcraft says it is but if you look at actual logs, frost is more like middle of the pack.
    not in my experience at all

it's better than arcane for movement at any rate, and better than fire for single target.. both in real world situations

doing mythic, frost, can do over 30k DPS on at least the fights that matter (more like 26-27k on twins not hitting any fire), 670ilvl

I had someone in my guild question why the Mages haven't experimented with Arcane/Fire yet, but then he pointed out I'm always Top 5 (usually #1 on almost every fight) and then said "feel free to keep playing Frost though because you don't suck ass"

Seriously though, just play Frost if you enjoiy Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Man, if only people could read the part that says "SINGLE TARGET PATCHWERK".

Any amount of movement = Frost wins, even over Fire usually, unless it's very long periods of constant movement. Two target cleave and Frost wins again (if your tanks can manage stacking them 2y together). Fire won't be pulling anything special single-target for a bit.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Honestly Fire is awesome after the first Tier when you start to get BiS and has always been this way. Frost and Arcane will still be most peoples go to so no worries you will be fine.

Deithy first of all what do I care if other mages complained or not all they have to do is make a post not that hard none the less thats not the point of this thread so no idea what u are rambling about and Frost is still top tier on most fights Fire does well on Tectus and Arcane on Butcher thats pretty much it as a Frost mage i am currently topping meters consistently against other mages as well as other classes my only question is why did they not add more Multi gear.... no need to start adding simcrafts and other bullshit to this thread

I had a reply typed out, but im still not sure what the point of this thread is?

Do you want discussion, or are you just here to bitch about no MS on gear? I cant wait for all the juicy mastery gear so i can go back to fire.

Deithy first of all what do I care if other mages complained or not all they have to do is make a post not that hard none the less thats not the point of this thread so no idea what u are rambling about and Frost is still top tier on most fights Fire does well on Tectus and Arcane on Butcher thats pretty much it as a Frost mage i am currently topping meters consistently against other mages as well as other classes my only question is why did they not add more Multi gear.... no need to start adding simcrafts and other bullshit to this thread
    Wait, you are complaining about other people rambling?

You need to learn to punctuate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright this thread is pointless and offers no form of discussion anymore. OP just admitted to making it only to complain about the apparent lack of Multistrike gear in BRF (Which there isn't) so it might as well be closed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Called Monkey View Post
    Alright this thread is pointless and offers no form of discussion anymore. OP just admitted to making it only to complain about the apparent lack of Multistrike gear in BRF (Which there isn't) so it might as well be closed
    7/14 Pieces have MS on it, I'd most definitely say BRF is lacking in MS gear...

So currently i am a 661 Frost mage stacking Multistrike since that is our 1st priority... currently im looking at the Itemization in BRF and im very dissapointed that there is little Multi on the gear at all .... all i see is Crit haste and mastery .. now i dont know if Blizz is retarded or is doing this purposely to force us to change spec in BRF but so far im not liking what im am seeing .... btw im to lazy to space out my sentences
    What are you talking about? There is a cloth piece for every slot in BRF that has multistrike.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

LOL, just b/c you do well against other mages doesn't mean youre good. deal with it, who cares if theres no multistrike gear. you already proved that youre pretty bad if you think butcher is the only fight arcane excels on. logs/parses aren't bullshit, they prove facts.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

It's like people have forgotten say WOTLK, where at one stage ONLY arcane was viable, everything else was like 30+% behind

then when fire was the ONLY viable spec, everything else was like 20%+ behind..

balance is better than it's ever been, at least for mages.