Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Next PTR build - monk changes?

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...10193138286594
    Class design is often 85% talking about what to do, 15% actually doing. Today was the 15%. Next PTR build should spur lots of discussion.
    What do you think this would mean for monks. I don't know if I should be worried or optimistic :/

Wouldnt make much sense to nerf monks, so im kinda optimistic.
    Maybe a nerf to SEF and buff to single target dps would be nice for WW.
    As for MWs im fearing a revival nerf and that Mana tea change to be spirit based sounds a bit too strong in Blackrock foundry mythic gear with spirit trinkets.
    Wishlist that wont happen: total rework of mw's mastery. Breath of the Jade serpent made viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the mana tea change only count static spirit or procs too ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Does the mana tea change only count static spirit or procs too ?
    procs dont count

Deleted
    I hope they nerf SEF a bit an buff the ST damage again.
    Or maybe a new mastery?

Deleted
    I feel we may get buffed/revamped mastery and some single target nerf (because ptr build without ww nerfs is not a real ptr build).
    Last edited by mmoc918bec3ce7; 2015-01-23 at 08:58 AM.

Good mechanics change to Fistweaving and Mana Tea? One can hope

Useless spells made useful? (Detonate Chi, CJL, Zen Sphere, BotS...) One can hope

Extra things that could be nice: PVP viability, useful new MW mastery

People in the loop keep telling me Hurricane Strike will be buffed, but until they scrap that 15 hits nonsense I doubt anyone would use it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Good mechanics change to Fistweaving and Mana Tea? One can hope

Useless spells made useful? (Detonate Chi, CJL, Zen Sphere, BotS...) One can hope

Extra things that could be nice: PVP viability, useful new MW mastery
    I could live with these. Even a better mastery would be nice: could make use of all that +mastery on the PvP sets and on my PvE BrM gear (which is crit/mast in a lot of places).

Detonate Chi should just cause orbs to have a bigger range - 30 yards would be much more useful.

I'm calling it now. Slight mastery nerf for BRM and guard nerfed but with compensated scaling to make it ~60-75% of the current amount.

Those are the only ways they buff monks so I'm predicting that how they'll balance them. Either way got my other tanks ready to go in the event they hurt us too much.

Touch of Karma is now 12% of your health down from 50%
    Windwalker monk healing has been reduced by 50%

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Touch of Karma is now 12% of your health down from 50%
    Windwalker monk healing has been reduced by 50%
    I thought the usual WW monk balance fix was

Rising Sun Kick debuff now increases damage by 5% less.

Stance of the Fierce Tiger now increases damage by 5% less.

Mastery change. Can't see them keeping mastery so worthless for two specs.

Quote Originally Posted by handofdesu View Post
    I thought the usual WW monk balance fix was

Rising Sun Kick debuff now increases damage by 5% less.

Stance of the Fierce Tiger now increases damage by 5% less.
    They can't keep doing the RSK one much further without making it a dps debuff :P

"We felt that the windwalker monk had fallen into a niche much like enhancements shamans. Their sustained cleave was very strong while their single target fell behind, especially after the haste buff. As such, we've decreased blackout kick's damage by 15%."

It's gonna be more nerfs. Because there is still people going "i do 200 million dps on -insert boss here-", and as long as blizz listens to them, this class will keep getting nerfed.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    "We are happy with where they are on ST, however we are seeing that they are a bit ahead of where they should be on cleave. A 30% nerf to SEF damage will bring them in line with where we think they should be."

Renewing Mist You surround the target with healing mists, restoring [*99% [*137.5% of Spell Power*] health over 18 sec and generating 1 Chi. Each time Renewing Mist heals, it also travels to the most injured ally within 20 yards, up to 2 times. Unlimited range. Instant.

i posted all of the "proposed" 6.1 balance changes for monks in the MW thread, but i'll paste here for ease:

Zen Sphere: really buff damage/healing
    Chi Burst: buff damage/healing
    Ring of Peace: buff duration to 5 sec
    Chi Torpedo: buff damage
    Hurricane Strike: buff damage
    Breath of the Serpent: buff healing
    Chi Explosion: usable (and instant) during Soothing Mist.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeahndria View Post
    "We are happy with where they are on ST, however we are seeing that they are a bit ahead of where they should be on cleave. A 30% nerf to SEF damage will bring them in line with where we think they should be."
    sounds like they left out "in the gutter" in that quote as our single target is in the lower 1/3rd of all the classes