Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    According to PTR testing, with maxed out fishing level (max skill, max gear, max lure, temporary +100 fishing pole and hat) the catch rate could be as high as 25% to 33% of all catches, or 1 in 3. That does seem a little bit overkill.

That's a huge difference. Wasn't the drop rate like 1% before? Guess I'll be getting my Crimson Water Strider day 1 of 6.1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by karmlol View Post
    According to PTR testing, with maxed out fishing level (max skill, max gear, max lure, temporary +100 fishing pole and hat) the catch rate could be as high as 25% to 33% of all catches, or 1 in 3. That does seem a little bit overkill.
    ~5-10% would be just fine imo, but I don't mind higher chance either since I also want the pets in addition to the mount

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    That's a huge difference. Wasn't the drop rate like 1% before? Guess I'll be getting my Crimson Water Strider day 1 of 6.1
    Yeah it was somewhere around 2-3%. It would be a massive difference if the PTR drop rates are accurate.

UPDATE: I just read that those 30% numbers were 1/6th as large on a more recent PTR build. Graph below should be accurate.

(source)

Currently, the maximum fishing skill obtainable is 1120 semi-permanently if you have the best fishing boots, glove enchant, and both the temporary +100 hat and +100 fishing pole; and a possible +100 more for 5 minutes from "Fragant Fish Pheromone", if you're fishing with a friend and he uses it on you within a minute of catching it. (optionally, another +10 from captain Rumsey's lager for 3 minutes, and temporary +15 from the sharpened tuskarr spear.)
    Last edited by mmocbc5645dc6c; 2015-02-17 at 09:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even a raise of a few percent is welcome at this point. I've stopped entirely till 6.1

Looks like those buffs help quite a bit

I got like 5 coins then quit. Way too much mindless grinding. Just catching the 100 of each kind of fish was really annoying.

Hopefully with the new, high catch rates i'll go knock out my pets real quick, then if im not too bored ill grab the hat and pole too.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Blizzard hotfixes everything but this not. Just ridiclious in my opinion. They should implement the buff right away instead of waiting on patch 6.1

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    @The Glitch: I'd say check Els Angling forums but not seeing anything there. Nobody wants to test fishing on the PTR I guess lol
    Thanks! I'll have a gander

Can't blame folks for not testing fishing, takes the patience of a saint to farm these coins haha.