Could there be an issue with my on board network adapter?

So I was playing WoW the other day. About 5 times in a 3 hour peroid, I kept losing connection. It was weird because it would disconnect and then instantly reconnect. Now I would normally say maybe it's the World of Warcraft servers, but I was also losing connection to Vent as well. Maybe I'm not describing this issue correctly.. Only way I can really describe it is that instantly disconnects and then instantly reconnects and when I mean instantly, I mean it would disconnect and reconnect in like 2 second time frame.

Anyway.. Is there a way I can check my network adapter to be sure?

7+ Year Old Account
    Run a flood ping to your router's IP address and see if you drop any packets.

That said...that sounds more like a problem with your ISP than a problem with your network adapter. I've been dealing with computers for over 30 years now, and I've seen exactly 2 dead network adapters during that time. They would both get about 75% packet loss no matter what they were connected to.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Run a flood ping to your router's IP address and see if you drop any packets.

That said...that sounds more like a problem with your ISP than a problem with your network adapter. I've been dealing with computers for over 30 years now, and I've seen exactly 2 dead network adapters during that time. They would both get about 75% packet loss no matter what they were connected to.
    How does one run a flood ping to their own router? lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    How does one run a flood ping to their own router? lol
    I'm looking and I guess Windows doesn't have the ability to do that. Try sending larger packets (like 4096 bytes). As for your router's IP, you'll have to do an ipconfig and see what the default gateway is.

ping -t -l 4096 x.x.x.x
    See if you lose any.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I'm looking and I guess Windows doesn't have the ability to do that. Try sending larger packets (like 4096 bytes). As for your router's IP, you'll have to do an ipconfig and see what the default gateway is.

ping -t -l 4096 x.x.x.x
    See if you lose any.
    Running it.. How long does it take to complete? lol Does it cycle 4,096 times?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Running it.. How long does it take to complete? lol Does it cycle 4,096 times?
    Nope, it sends 4096 bytes (4k) per packet, instead of the usual 32 bytes and will continue until you tell it to stop (that's what -t does). If those all reply with zero loss, then your network adapter is fine. It will not stop on its own, it will continue until you ctrl-C it and then it will give you packet loss rates (should be 0 loss). It'll say something like this.

Ping statistics for 10.255.51.1:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 1ms