Deleted

Question Enhancement cooldown managment

Hello

I have a question concerning cooldown stacking for my enhancement shaman running PE + EM.

Ascendance: 3 min cooldown
    Primal Fire Elemental: Glyphed 2,5 min cooldown
    Feral Spirit: 2 min cooldown
    Elemental Mastery: 2 min cooldown
    Liquid Magma: 45 sec cooldown
    Beating Heart of the Mountain: 2 min cooldown

Up untill now I used to combine Elemental mastery+wolves but with fire elemental cooldown being reduced to 2,5 mins instead of 3 I would like to know if it's a dps gain to combine these 3 cooldowns + above trinket together.

gain:
    Primal fire elemental will benefit from elemental mastery + trinket
    Potentially throw liquid magma in the mix aswell. (will have it approx 15 sec off cd though)

loss:
    30 sec feral spirits off cooldown
    30 sec trinket off cooldown
    30 sec elemental mastery off cooldown
    If I keep combining fire elemental + ascendance I can empower them a little bit with 2nd dps pot for example. Combining elemental as mentioned above will leave ascendance in the dark.

Would like to hear your opinions.

Elquines

Cooldown management is very complex for enhancement. However, I remember someone saying they simmed waiting to use wolves/trinket/EM to line them up with FeT and that was a DPS increase. I didn't mind verifying it so take it with a grain of salt. Also worth mentioning is that we were talking about the double-sided coin back then, maybe they are different enough to change results.

Now, of course, when the fight is going to end soon you have to adjust your usage. If you're only going to get one more use of a specific cooldown, hold onto it and wait for a moment to use every single cooldown together. Mythic butcher was pretty famous for this adaptation where you would use all cooldowns at the start and then not use them until the very end where you had them all back up with hero and second pot.

I don't believe you should ever hold on Liquid Magma (unless there is <45s left in the fight) to line it with cooldowns. You should, however, hold it for parts of the fights where you can aoe/cleave with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com