Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    how many posts must one make before they can submit links into their posts?

Deleted
    Hunter would be OP as fuck if they had warlock type CC.

Classes are designed in different ways, so you need different kinds of CC when balancing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drkmalice View Post
    Just because it is the most used doesn't mean its a good spell. It is pretty crap compared to some other CC talents.
    Maybe so, but it speaks volumes about the other alternatives. That said, in PvP I encounter Wyvern Sting as well. Intimidation is just a no-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

I think the advantage of intimidation is suppose to be that its "instant" and it works without LoS.

Unfortunately the instant part doesnt work at all making the skill feel very unreliable and "laggy". (I think this has been an issue since as long as I can remember, so probably vanilla).

That said, even if those 2 advantages would work; it still wouldnt be a balanced talent. It needs a buff.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2015-01-29 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vholu View Post
    Hunter would be OP as fuck if they had warlock type CC.

Classes are designed in different ways, so you need different kinds of CC when balancing them.
    So do you mean hunters would be as OP as locks are? Because hunter vs lock in pvp, equal skill/gear, lock going to win every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorian View Post
    how many posts must one make before they can submit links into their posts?

Ten posts I think!

- - - Updated - - -

So do you mean hunters would be as OP as locks are? Because hunter vs lock in pvp, equal skill/gear, lock going to win every time.
    Becuase locks can counter hunters with ez. Class counters has nothing to do with the statement that hunters would be OP with warlock CC! Must cuz we would be able to move and use them, hunter would be able to counter anything. Run an cast fear ect you get the point!

On topic I think Intimidation should be like kill command and have a longer distance then melee range, like 15 or 20 yard and be 4 sec stun rather then 3 and if one miss with it or the target is immune its cooldown is reset!

Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    honestly i think intimidation should be baseline for BM

THIS THIS! 100% COME ON blizzard D:

Quote Originally Posted by Deshi View Post
    Becuase locks can counter hunters with ez. Class counters has nothing to do with the statement that hunters would be OP with warlock CC! Must cuz we would be able to move and use them, hunter would be able to counter anything. Run an cast fear ect you get the point!

On topic I think Intimidation should be like kill command and have a longer distance then melee range, like 15 or 20 yard and be 4 sec stun rather then 3 and if one miss with it or the target is immune its cooldown is reset!
    Locks can move and cast them as well. They are all instant casts.

they should decrease the CD length to 20 sec and make it stun for 6-7 seconds. then it'd be a nicer spell.
    and balanced too!
    also off GCD

just use wyvern sting unless ure sv (next match traps are nerfed so w.e) wyvern into trap or trap into wyvern is aweosme
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Wyvern sting shares DR with freezing trap, giving it a bit of a niche (slightly less now that trap cd gets nerfed, so WS into freezing or vice versa makes a bit more sense).
    It can be useful in certain fights/comps but most seem to opt for binding shot.

Intimidating doesnt need a huge buff to be useful. They should change it to be instant and usable from a few yards away. That increases its fluidity and responsiveness by a thousandfold.
    Then they should look at either a small cd reduction (preferred) or a duration increase.

I've never played a mage, but their ice nova makes me kind of envious.
    aoe cc with every target within 8 yards. instant. does damage. 2 charges. 25 second recharge.

Binding shot bugs alot in pvp, but yeah is still better then intimidation in pvp.... (Binding Shot LASTS less time vs pvp targets).
    Should fix the "i just walk out of binding shot when i feel like it"... well vs druids atleast, not sure if it fucks with others... Havent kept my eye on it tbh....

Intimidation fix = Make your pet charge/leap target and stun, or add a range on intimidation... 15 yards or smth...

Right now its just utterly bad compared to binding... Dont think it needs longer duration just a better mechanic... Focus intimidate is very bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    Wyvern sting shares DR with freezing trap, giving it a bit of a niche (slightly less now that trap cd gets nerfed, so WS into freezing or vice versa makes a bit more sense).
    It can be useful in certain fights/comps but most seem to opt for binding shot.

Intimidating doesnt need a huge buff to be useful. They should change it to be instant and usable from a few yards away. That increases its fluidity and responsiveness by a thousandfold.
    Then they should look at either a small cd reduction (preferred) or a duration increase.
    only sv hunters go for binding shot because you can trap into stun into trap again, but most pros go for wyvern sting. its better because you can double CC or do a chain cc by urself.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    just use wyvern sting unless ure sv (next match traps are nerfed so w.e) wyvern into trap or trap into wyvern is aweosme
    Name another class that has to blow a CC cooldown, just to use another CC cooldown.

This is the failed logic of Scatter/trap. CC should not be dependant on other CC.

Name another class that has to blow a CC cooldown, just to use another CC cooldown.

This is the failed logic of Scatter/trap. CC should not be dependant on other CC.
    you dont really need another cc to land the trap, but it makes it easier also LONGER CC (this is the point lmao)
    - Ronald Koeman.

you dont really need another cc to land the trap, but it makes it easier also LONGER CC (this is the point lmao)
    In high rated arenas when we had scatter, your chances of trapping someone without scatter was very low when there was an arming time.

Now you have slow travel time. If the person isnt very close to you, they can easy just move from it before it lands. Especially after they nerf the radius in 6.1.

Like I said tell me another class that has to or is "encouraged to" use one CC cd to help land another on a consistent basis.

In high rated arenas when we had scatter, your chances of trapping someone without scatter was very low when there was an arming time.

Now you have slow travel time. If the person isnt very close to you, they can easy just move from it before it lands. Especially after they nerf the radius in 6.1.

Like I said tell me another class that has to or is "encouraged to" use one CC cd to help land another on a consistent basis.
    run to them and put it in the ground, or Conc shot and then trap.

with scatter it wasn't any better because dps would eat the trap since it was rly obvious

isn't the nerf already live tho' its a bit harder but still manageable
    - Ronald Koeman.

run to them and put it in the ground, or Conc shot and then trap.

with scatter it wasn't any better because dps would eat the trap since it was rly obvious

isn't the nerf already live tho' its a bit harder but still manageable
    If you run up to a healer for example, he knows to move. If he doesn't, he is dumb. Pretend this discussion revolves around GOOD pvpers.

yeah but usually you're faster than him (with cheetah and disengage)
    - Ronald Koeman.