Deleted

GTX 760, amd fx 6300 stock 30 fps all low on raids

My specs
    GTX 760
    AMD FX 6300
    XFX 550 watt PSU
    8gb 1600mhz ram
    OS win 7

I reinstalled wow, addons, disabled them, didn't see dated drivers, might dip to 15 fps on pull, every single graphic setting on low in wow.

I know wow is a cpu based game but come on, everything on low and dipping to 15 fps i gotta say i am pretty sad, any suggestions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    CPU temps?
    nothing wrong with cpu temps
    E: never really going over 50 another edit, when really stressed out 60ish
    Last edited by mmoc1a0e8eb5ae; 2015-02-02 at 04:46 AM.

Isn't TMax for FX CPUs like 70?

10+ Year Old Account
    Temps on the motherboard VRMs are more important then cpu temps for AMD. Lots of motherboard manufacturers have put low quality VRMs and as a result they get too hot and throttle the CPU. Check if the motherboard is a 4+1 phase and see if it even has a heatsink on the VRMs. The FX chips really do like good motherboards to run proper.

A quick explanation of VRMs (mosfets).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIED0pzwBT0

A very thorough VRM explanation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDxFbAhu4Bo

Another possibility is that your ram isn't correctly configured. Make sure it's running at 1600mhz and the timing is correct.

Deleted
    My motherboard is a gigabyte 970a-ds3 rev 3.0
    No clue if it has VRM, but i think i may have found the biggest issue, 2 months ago i broke the thermal paste seal off my cpu when cleaning the case x).....
    Weird that my cpu hasnt fried lel could have also damaged the cpu already, the temperatures have gone to 70celsius according to CPUID.

Well ordering some thermal paste.. lels

not 100% sure if this is the case though, might be how can i see that the ram is correctly configured?
    Last edited by mmoc1a0e8eb5ae; 2015-02-02 at 04:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kikuhawki View Post
    No clue if it has VRM, but i think i may have found the biggest issue, 2 months ago i broke the thermal paste seal off my cpu when cleaning the case x).....
    Weird that my cpu hasnt fried lel could have also damaged the cpu already, the temperatures have gone to 70celsius according to CPUID.

not 100% sure if this is the case though, might be how can i see that the ram is correctly configured?
    It probably is. I once undid one of the pins of the heatsink of my old e8400 during cleaning. Temperatures rocketed to the 90s and it throttled like crazy. I ordered a new heatsink and all was fine again.

The reason why your 6300 isnt fried, is because it throttles. And if it really gets dangerous it should shut the computer down.

10+ Year Old Account

For now mayonnaise actually makes a good substitute. I'm serous. Just don't run it for too long otherwise it's going to rot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    For now mayonnaise actually makes a good substitute. I'm serous. Just don't run it for too long otherwise it's going to rot.
    lmao ill hold myself until ill get some AS5 thanks for the suggestion though

Deleted
    bumping this, just lol no addons 15 fps on pull in brf, a lot of dips, every single graphic setting on low and no temp problems anymore.. i am so close to quitting this game just because i would have to buy a new motherboard and an intel cpu to get decent performance

bumping this, just lol no addons 15 fps on pull in brf, a lot of dips, every single graphic setting on low and no temp problems anymore.. i am so close to quitting this game just because i would have to buy a new motherboard and an intel cpu to get decent performance
    For about 175$ish you can get an i3 and a decent motherboard ..... but if you really dont want to spend any money, im afraid theres nothing you can do. AMD FX really really suck for WoW, actually, they suck in any CPU bound game because of their weak IPC but also the fact that alot of games are heavily single threaded, so you cant take advantage of your 6 ''weak'' Cores. With a new motherboard you will have an upgrade path to something like a Haswell/Broadwell i5 or i7, it will pay off in the long run. Other than that... current Haswell i3 are not slush, you will get the most out of your GTX760 in pretty much any games, especially WoW or any MMO in general.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2015-02-05 at 01:48 AM.

Do you have VSync on? 30 and 15 are all VSync locks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I'm not that dumb i tried most solutions i know of and i am pretty sure its my cpu or motherboard, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Good point, a quick fix is to turn on Adaptive Vsync and triple buffering in the control panel and turn off vsync in game. Its not adaptive vsync like gsync or freesync, it just turn on vsync if your fps is above 60 and turn it off if your fps is below 60 kinda genius if u ask me

Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2015-02-05 at 01:56 AM.

Have the exact same build, ~70 fps mid-raid on 1920X1080 high preset so the FX is not the problem here, no idea what could be the cause of the low fps.

Deleted
    There is an issue somewhere with your setup, not the hardware, just how things are set up.
    I am running a FX6350 8g DDR3 and XFX6950, so it is comparable to your setup, your GFX is slightly better, however I dont have any issues in game.

What video settings are you running at ?

My specs
    GTX 760
    AMD FX 6300
    XFX 550 watt PSU
    8gb 1600mhz ram
    OS win 7

I reinstalled wow, addons, disabled them, didn't see dated drivers, might dip to 15 fps on pull, every single graphic setting on low in wow.

I know wow is a cpu based game but come on, everything on low and dipping to 15 fps i gotta say i am pretty sad, any suggestions?
    Next time you are in-game type /timetest 1 in your chatbox then press enter. Text will appear that says Time Taxi: On. Then take a flight somewhere from a flightmaster. At the end of the flight your fps and other results will be shown in the chatbox. It's warcraft's built in benchmark.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2015-02-05 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    There is an issue somewhere with your setup, not the hardware, just how things are set up.
    I am running a FX6350 8g DDR3 and XFX6950, so it is comparable to your setup, your GFX is slightly better, however I dont have any issues in game.

What video settings are you running at ?
    He said everything on the lowest settings - and the GTX 760 is miles better than the HD 6950.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check your ram timing and clock settings. Use CPUZ to report them here. Gigabyte motherboards are a pain to get ram setup properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Check your ram timing and clock settings. Use CPUZ to report them here. Gigabyte motherboards are a pain to get ram setup properly.
    http://i.imgur.com/0jSb32v.png

Dunno if this helps?

Also, my fps is pretty good outside zones eg. my garrison but crowded area like my guild raids= 15 fps on pull never really goes over 30 fps during the fight with everything low, also every single graphic setting that uses performance is disabled in nvidia control panel
    Last edited by mmoc1a0e8eb5ae; 2015-02-05 at 11:45 AM.