Poll: What would you think of cash-mount variations in-game?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    For example the Iron skyreaver. Make it plain and grey and give it no armor. Put it on a faction in game. Same with the reaver. Fey dragons could be made available in some plain colors but lose the ability to change color.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    They should just make it so you can sell shop mounts for gold, that way people can acquire them through the AH.
    This would be a good change. I imagine a 25 dollar mount would cost about 50k gold in game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    There would still be a problem, because what if the color you want is only available for real money. It would make it better though. I think the best way to do it would be like with gametime tokens. Let people put up mounts and pets from the store on the auction house, and everyone wins.
    Amen. .

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer the opposite: the ability to get color variants of the cash shop mounts via in game means, so if you want a cool bat mount you don't have to pay real money to do so.

Actually just make all the cash shop mounts available in game, as they are. A player should never feel like his only option for an in game item is to spend real money on it, in a subscription game.

Sig by Isilrien

You are coming at this from the wrong angle.

Why would anyone care if there is a version of the sparkle pony that you payed a measly 10 bucks for..or what ever it was. It was no effort and it is as common as can be.

I took 2 years to farm Attumen's mount, I would be very pissed if it appeared in the shop for a tenner....

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Let people get unarmored rylaks/bats/ravagers for a low amount of gold, like less than 1k per mount, free if you get the store one and those who buy the store mounts be able to buy a BOE bag item containing other (recolored) armored rylaks/bats/ravagers for gold once getting the store version to sell on the AH, and a BOP version of the bag for X% less gold.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2015-02-03 at 12:04 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Pay to win store mounts SHOULD be available in game for gold or as drops.

There is no "don't care" option so I can't vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    What exactly are you winning by getting a store mount?

On topic, there should not be store mount variants in game, because that undermines the purpose of having the mount in the store.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the "I don't care" option. I'm not really for or against it. I mean I guess it would be cool to see variants but I still feel like people would piss and moan about that anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it known. This mount will be available in game 3-6 months after it launches on the store. See if sales go down significantly. If not then do that.

I am never against more mounts. Should be more recolours too...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Oh shit, I bought a store mount years ago but I kept playing WoW because I didn't realise I'd already won the game. Derp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I think the fact that Blizz uses sub money to pay artists to make more pay-to-purchase content insulting enough as is. I think the cash shop should be there to allow the community to create cosmetic things for Blizz and the creators to split the profits on, a lot like the DotA one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcelDamage View Post
    Mounts in WoD seem to be a pretty hot topic at the moment, especially in regards to what is available in-game versus what is available in the cash shop. And one of the things that I tend to see brought up by a lot of people is that any mount that appears in the shop will kill the chance of that mount (in alternate armour/colours) appearing in-game. However this point always seems to be from the perspective of the writer talking about how other people who bought the mounts would feel about it, rather than themselves.

So I'm wondering, would any of you who own any of these mounts be against alternative versions (such as yellow or green reavers, or red or unarmored dread ravens) becoming available in-game through various means?

Personally I would have no problem with this, being somebody who does own the Grinning Reaver and Iron Skyreaver, among others. I feel the more mounts, or rather the more variation (such as being able to choose green over red if I wanted) is better. The only potential concern I would have is that it may beg the question why one version of a mount is "free" while another has to be bought with real world currency.
    No offense to you, personally, but "would you be mad if Blizzard did <name of thing>?" topics are a waste of time. As these forums prove daily (if not hourly) people will bitch/complain/whine about anything related to Warcraft at this point.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Sure, as long as they reciprocate and put ingame mount lookalikes in the cash shop. I'd drop $30 on a mim's head in a heartbeat.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, like blizz would ever put variants ingame
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from my belief that a cash shop shouldn't exist in a subscription based game, I don't really care.

If that would mean the mounts would actually be done right and not the shit we have in the game right now, sure why not...

Because as of now most of the new mounts are absolutely useless due to their animations.

And the funniest of it is how blizz reacts - when someone mentioned the boar mount and how it runs as if it had parkinson's, their reply is "well it has tiny feets xDDD".

Microtransactions are a cancerous tumor that grants 1% of the afflicted games superpowers while serving as little more than to make the rest uglier.

WoW is in the latter category. I don't think anyone ever -asked- for this and to this day most people I meet who buy out the store are exactly the kind of person I want to dissociate with. Exceptions apply of course but they're a vast minority!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have most of the rarest mounts in the game and would be perfectly fine with recolors being sold at the Cash shop, or available for tickets at the DMF (say 1000 tickets) just to give every player some options. Not everyone has my luck when it comes to mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Throw them in BMAH, problem solved.