Thread: So much CC

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So much CC

I played a lot of RBGs in the last weeks and they are so totally different than normal BGs that i am truly amazed.
    However, there is still something that bothers me: The Crowd Control effects.
    I am playing a warrior, so i need to stay on target. I can do that in Arena of course, but in a BG its just slow, snare, stun, freeze, knockback, fear, disorientated etc., all the time. I know that there are diminishing returns, but usually these do reset after some time. Its like i am spending most of the fights in CC. Ofc i get heal and i do not die because of this, but most of the time i am hanging in some form of CC or the other. Has this gotten a bit out of hand?

Deleted
    Yes, there is more CC because there is a lot of new CC spells, every class has some kind of CC now. It is kind of an irony since, I believe, it was Holinka who said people want to play their characters, not to be constantly in cc'ed.

So much CC
    Not really

Well you are a melee in RBGs, so you put yourself at the absolute pinnacle of CC bloat. In all other situations CC is in a better place right now, only stuns are still a bit much.

If you hate CC now, you wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in MoP.

My experience is that e.g. i get stunned, break it with trinket, get frozen in place. Freeze is over, i get sheeped. Sheep is over, i charge to my target, get a knock back and a fear. Break free from fear with warrior ability, get caught in cyclone. Cyclone over, i get stunned or frozen in place (with no CR whatsoever) and the cycle continues. Ofc sometimes i get a short break from this.

I never had this much trouble in normal BGs or Arena (where i only played 2on2, to be fair). Seems like really extreme to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    My experience is that e.g. i get stunned, break it with trinket, get frozen in place. Freeze is over, i get sheeped. Sheep is over, i charge to my target, get a knock back and a fear. Break free from fear with warrior ability, get caught in cyclone. Cyclone over, i get stunned or frozen in place (with no CR whatsoever) and the cycle continues. Ofc sometimes i get a short break from this.

I never had this much trouble in normal BGs or Arena (where i only played 2on2, to be fair). Seems like really extreme to me.
    Well, you should evade enemies as a flag carrier

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post

You realise that most of the CC you listed there actually share DR, so .. cut the crap :}
    Last edited by mmoc5896605390; 2015-01-22 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    Yes, there is more CC because there is a lot of new CC spells, every class has some kind of CC now. It is kind of an irony since, I believe, it was Holinka who said people want to play their characters, not to be constantly in cc'ed.
    There are some simple facts that need to be understood. There are like 9 less DR categories now, almost every class lost some cc, in some cases many, cc casts lost instant usage and took increased cast times. For instance

Hunter lost a Pet CC, silencing shot, scatter shot. Mages had some CCs put into a shared talent row. Ccs went from 1.5 to 1.7(?) base and are no longer usable with swiftness effects. All disarms are gone (rogue, monk, warrior, Hunter, shadow priest I believe.) so on and so on.

Cc has gotten better, it just goes to show just how powerful CC has been in this game. That, and with less instant cc it's harder to counter when you've been cced, so generally you feel the full effects of being CCed more now.

I'm just saying, You really can't argue CC is any more crazy than before because that's literally not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by alexvladv View Post
    You realise that most of the CC you listed there actually share DR, so .. cut the crap :}
    Yeah but by the time you start with root > root > polly > polly > polly > stun > stun > fear > fear > fear, the dr on root is over and you just repeat the cycle. The issue is there is just way more cc due to the number of people you are fighting. But yeah it can be quite stupid and irritating.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Diminishing_returns

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    There are some simple facts that need to be understood. There are like 9 less DR categories now, almost every class lost some cc, in some cases many, cc casts lost instant usage and took increased cast times. For instance

Hunter lost a Pet CC, silencing shot, scatter shot. Mages had some CCs put into a shared talent row. Ccs went from 1.5 to 1.7(?) base and are no longer usable with swiftness effects. All disarms are gone (rogue, monk, warrior, Hunter, shadow priest I believe.) so on and so on.

Cc has gotten better, it just goes to show just how powerful CC has been in this game. That, and with less instant cc it's harder to counter when you've been cced, so generally you feel the full effects of being CCed more now.

I'm just saying, You really can't argue CC is any more crazy than before because that's literally not possible.
    Again, everyone has CC now and even if they all belong in four categories it is easier to chain them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    Again, everyone has CC now and even if they all belong in four categories it is easier to chain them now.
    Everyone had cc before, in many cases more, faster casts and more instants with less risk of DR clipping...

Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    Yeah but by the time you start with root > root > polly > polly > polly > stun > stun > fear > fear > fear, the dr on root is over and you just repeat the cycle. The issue is there is just way more cc due to the number of people you are fighting. But yeah it can be quite stupid and irritating.
    But when outnumbered, you are supposed to lose, and when playing with a team they are supposed to help you if you get focused instead of tunneling dps
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

The beauty of group vs group PVP is if people are getting cced, people on your team should also be ccing them. So either its a l2p issue as a group, or stop trying to 1v5.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    The beauty of group vs group PVP is if people are getting cced, people on your team should also be ccing them. So either its a l2p issue as a group, or stop trying to 1v5.
    LOL at the 1v5, your 110% right on that one. This ain't normal BG with your own pocket healer, group pvp is more coordination on CC and peels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    I understand your point but if you are sitting that much cc in arena or rbg you are doing it wrong. just sayin, the amount of CC in WoD is far less than it was in MoP, and that is the main reason i came back, in MoP it was unplayable.. right now its 10 times much better, or shall i say 9 times? -_-

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that there are still four separate categories of CC is the root of the problem. There should only be one.

All control abilities should require 75-100% of a player's time and attention to maintain. If you are controlling someone you should not also be able to dps them or someone else. Or heal for that matter. Even then, nobody, should ever see themselves completely removed from play for more than a few seconds at a time. People want to be able to play, not sit around and spectate while they or their teammates get obliterated in one of WoW's trademark CC spam-a-thons.

10+ Year Old Account
    CC back in MoP was obnoxious as fuck. In WoD it's much more bearable. The only reason why I even quit during 5.4 was because I ragequit due to the amount of CC there was.

CC is fine now.

For every CC you sit in, there are ways to get out of all of them. In RBG's specifically, if your healers are any good they should be dispelling most stuns or you should be given some form of hand of freedom or masters call from hunters. You also have Bladestorm and Avatar to get out of roots. I get sometimes you can't always be dispelled but there are plenty of ways to counter all CC's you are talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    The fact that there are still four separate categories of CC is the root of the problem. There should only be one.

All control abilities should require 75-100% of a player's time and attention to maintain. If you are controlling someone you should not also be able to dps them or someone else. Or heal for that matter. Even then, nobody, should ever see themselves completely removed from play for more than a few seconds at a time. People want to be able to play, not sit around and spectate while they or their teammates get obliterated in one of WoW's trademark CC spam-a-thons.
    While i agree with you on most of what you said you forget that pvp is just something extra in this game, nothing big, their main focus is pve, they will never invest much in it because there is not much to gain if anything at all, i am glad they still look at the major problems and they fix them, not as fast as i would like but they still do.. and if you want pure pvp games you should probly look to mobas/fps, i cant remember a mmo that delivered rly good pvp as a moba does for example.