Thread: Am I just bad?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottheclap View Post
    How important is switching glyphs and talents? How do I know when to change them?

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious, how good is skill- capped? does it really help you improve? Just wanna know before I purchase a sub
    Skill-capped offers help in the form of videos and the like, I'm guessing it's good for starter knowledge but you can do that by watching some streamers on twitch anyways.

My advice to you is, don't try to run before you can walk tbh, many people here are trying to give you good advice but I think most of these advice are a lot to handle for your present situation.

If I were to give you some advice myself, I'd say start by checking out what every single class can do, go on wowhead and look through all class talents/specs and see what they get, including passives etc. The saying "knowledge is power" is not a joke tbh, to win you need to understand what is going on and how classes react, you gotta start somewhere.

After that I'd say go and duel every single class you can , do it over and over regardless of how good they are, doing this will help you improve your class vs class knowledge , understanding how a single class works completely before moving on to how classes work together.

After that you can follow the above advice and start watching some streams to follow up on the learning curve, but I must tell you, there is a tremendous amount of information you'll be going through to get there. GL : >

I would suggest watching some top ranked PvPer's streams, particularly warrior streams.

I would suggest Sonydigital, but look around and find people you like and watch them.

http://www.twitch.tv/sdigital
    Last edited by barrsftw; 2015-01-28 at 04:17 AM.

to wholol: it looks like I've got a lot of homework to do. Thank you for breaking it down. I was about to go in headstrong.

I've been doing a couple of duels here and there. While I can't say that I've been winning, I can definitely see some slight improvement. But I do need to work on CD management and also reaction time.

To barrsftw: I've actually seen a couple streamers. Sonydigital is one in particular. I'm going to have to watch his channel a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Go Fury. Stack mastery. Get a healer. Enjoy your 2.4k arena in 2s.
    Makes no sense.

never was really interested in fury tbh. I would need a good reason to change. But right now I'm happy with arms

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What classes are giving you the most trouble?

I think im having the most trouble with hunters And
    Pretty much anything else that can kite me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottheclap View Post
    I think im having the most trouble with hunters And
    Pretty much anything else that can kite me.
    You're just going to have a terrible time 1v1 against literally every other class. Realize that and find a friend to heal you. The swing from soloing to playing with partners is just way way waaaay too massive playing a warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Hmm. Alright I'm going to have To make some friends

Deleted
    One other thing, change juggernaut for double time and I'm not sure but isn't sudden death better for fury?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post

You are happy with arms means you are happy playing a sub-optimal spec and not playing to your fullest potential. I have no right to ask you to do otherwise but the viability of arms was second wind and second wind has been nerfed to the ground thus destroying arms survivability.
    You do make a fair point, I enjoy arms, ive never really been fury so I don't know how to really play as fury.

I might give it a try if that's what you're saying

I'll take a look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arena is totally different than BG's. Better gear will help a bit but ultimately it comes down to the player. If you practice you will get better.

Deleted
    Arms is the PvP spec, fury is just a gimmick

Both fury and arms are viable, and their representation in arena is kinda even, although it has been shifting towards arms as of recently. Fury's strength is good constant single target damage while arms takes an approach in spread damage / semi-bursty gameplay.

I'd say they're pretty interchangeable and it comes down to which playstyle you enjoy more, although some comps may favor the other spec.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2015-01-30 at 03:25 AM.

After arms got buffed , I wouldn't say Arms is a sub-optimal spec at all tbh, I'd say they're pretty equal with arms being slightly ahead atm ( given you can fully utilize both specs as intended).