Subterfuge being cancelled when casting Shadow Reflection?

I was playing around with various openers as Subtlety and one peculiarity that I noticed was that consistently, if I cast Shadow Reflection right after my opening Garrote, I lost Subterfuge immediately, preventing me from Ambushing into Rupture and Shadow Dance.

I tried searching but couldn't find any threads on this.

Deleted
    Maybe you're not running glyph of vanish or you're just doing something terribly wrong because I was doing mythic butcher yesterday with subterfuge and my opener was Ambush>hemo>ambush>sr>rupture and after that I still got subterfuge up.

I am most definitely running Glyph of Vanish, and not doing anything wrong. Here are the steps to reproduce the problem, 100% for me.

1. Stealth
    2. Premed SnD
    3. Garrote
    4. Shadow Reflection
    5. Attempt to Ambush, but my stealth actions have disappeared; Subterfuge is gone immediately after activating Garrote.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have three options:

1. Use this macro

/cast [stance:3] Ambush
    /cast [stance:2] Ambush
    /cast [stance:1] Ambush
    /cast [stance:0] Backstab

2. Wait to do SR->Rupture->SD until after subterfuge runs down.

3. Put a /cancelaura Subterfuge at the top of your SR macro if you wanna pop it after Garrote or Ambush or Hemo or whatever you open with.

Do you have your trinket bound to SR? If so, thank Blizzard, and you're welcome
    Last edited by Neuroxxic; 2015-01-27 at 05:47 AM.
    IO / WP

Deleted
    I noticed during Sunday raiding that using my SR+SD macro during Subterfuge messed up my stance macro making it impossible to do ambush during the whole of the dance. I am just going to add a /cancelaura onto the macro.

BTW. Is the order of SR and SD important? There does not seem to be any issues looking at logs, but not sure.

/noob

I was having this same issue on Mythic Butcher. I used the premed > SnD > Garrote > Ambush > SR/SD > Rupture > Ambush/evis spam kinda rotation and after I would garrote and hit my SR/SD I couldn't cast any ambushes or any stealth abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobtank View Post
    BTW. Is the order of SR and SD important? There does not seem to be any issues looking at logs, but not sure.

/noob
    That depends...do you want your shadow dance to be copied or not? Realistically it probably doesn't matter because the reflection is going to copy your ambushes whether it is in dance or not.