Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Thats great, then ill tell you the same I told him. Please quit WoW, Find another MMO and bitch and that forum.
    These moany, whiny and just downright anoying posts you 2 are making are getting quite fricking irritating.

If you dont like something, quit stop making 200.000 posts about it with the same amount of moany crap just on a slightly different subject.

On the same note, if you don't like the topics, QUIT! Stop reading them. And for goodness sake why bother replying to them?

I read it as someone making some observations which seem valid to what is going on with the game now.

I find it funny that they posted some changes to fishing that people were pretty vocal about and came in and reversed things within about 48 hours with explanations included, yet all the topics on flying and they still can't man up and make an official announcement on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I saw that and it still does not say they will allow flying in older content when newer content is released. It very well may be the case that we will get flying when Tanaan is released but they have not said anything indicating that it will. I still believe we will get flying in Draenor once 7.0 drops. That is my guess.
    Yeah you run out to the flight master in MoP and pick up flying at 85 and tell me how that goes.

Flying is still not available to level up in MoP unless you want to buy a book on the BMAH (and good luck with that), which might I add, is glitched and doesn't even work correctly atm. Trying to placate people with "It will be available in 7.0" is laughable at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    From their December 4th AMA:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Overall, we’re happy with how ground travel in Draenor has played out thus far, and we’ve heard a lot of feedback to that effect as well, though we of course recognize that there are players who feel differently. We’ll have more to announce about our 6.1 patch plans in the very near future, but as the focus of our endgame outdoor content remains in the main Draenor zones, our reasons for disallowing flight in 6.0 continue to apply in 6.1. Whether you’re navigating your way to Orumo the Observer in Shattrath Rise, trying to reach a treasure cache atop a column in Spires, or working your way around the ledges encircling The Pit, you’re engaging in gameplay that simply would not exist in a world with unfettered flight. It was never our intent to make large-scale navigation of the world inconvenient, and in 6.1 we’re going to be improving our flight path system to always take the most direct route between two points, even if you have not discovered some of the intermediate nodes. Please keep the feedback coming – if you’re unhappy with the design, some of the most helpful feedback would be specific examples of situations or systems that feel frustrating without being able to fly in Draenor.
    (source)

Emphasis mine. Since the new Tanaan zone shouldn't be expected until the Iron Citadel raid patch, and until we get the new Tanaan zone, the current Draenor zones will be the location of current max level content, flying shouldn't be expected until we get Tanaan.
    This just proves they're lying scum (ok, perhaps a touch of hyperbole there....) They kept talking about how they'd take player reaction into account and a lot of us were asking how they'd do that. Forums aren't a good sample of the player base and of course people aren't generally going to quit right at the start over this. What this proves is that they never planned to care what we thought. If 40% of us hated it... they don't care.

Also, the focus of our endgame outdoor content remains in the main Draenor zones, is utter bullshit. WHAT outdoor endgame content? Where IS this vaunted content that is so cool and which would have been trivialized by flying? Because I've leveled 2 toons and I've not seen it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sykoex View Post
    I really think they're done with flying going forward. Enough if the player base is fine with no flying that it's not really a big deal.
    No they aren't. It's just that most people won't quit 2-3 months into a new expansion over it. After all, if you bought WOD you're going to deal with this for a bit.

My problem is hat Blizzard has utterly failed to give us anything that compensates for this. If there was awesome outdoor max level content that is really involving from the ground but that fails if there's flight I'd be fine with this. As is, they don't really have any reason for their stance - there's nothing outside at max level that would be hurt by flight, they just got a wild hair up their ass about it and decided not to allow it.

Gnome Hunters!!!

They were never promised, but they were spoken of in the same interview as 6.1 announcements. I haven't seen them mentioned 6.1 patch notes and I really want them NOW. Seriously ready to throw money at Blizzard as soon as I can race change.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This just proves they're lying scum (ok, perhaps a touch of hyperbole there....) They kept talking about how they'd take player reaction into account and a lot of us were asking how they'd do that. Forums aren't a good sample of the player base and of course people aren't generally going to quit right at the start over this. What this proves is that they never planned to care what we thought. If 40% of us hated it... they don't care.

Also, the focus of our endgame outdoor content remains in the main Draenor zones, is utter bullshit. WHAT outdoor endgame content? Where IS this vaunted content that is so cool and which would have been trivialized by flying? Because I've leveled 2 toons and I've not seen it.
    They literally say what they consider to be that content in that post.

"navigating your way to Orumo the Observer in Shattrath Rise, trying to reach a treasure cache atop a column in Spires, or working your way around the ledges encircling The Pit"

They consider the content to be the level 100 rare spawns, the level 100 Apexis daily quest locations, and the treasure loot. It doesn't matter if you think that's content or not, that's what Blizzard is defining "endgame outdoor content" as.

They're just missing Facebook and Instagram integration. Then the cycle of WoW becoming a social media game will be complete. Perhaps in 6.2, since this looks to be a priority for Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    What content? People keep saying content is missing but what is it that´s missing? Every buffoon on this site keeps pointing at problems but noone is providing any solution.
    IE content that continues the lore that leads to the door to tanaren jungle and then you have to wait - what? - like 8 month for the story to continue?
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    There is tons of content to do btw
    nope there aint but white knights cant accept the truth even if it bites them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    They literally say what they consider to be that content in that post.

"navigating your way to Orumo the Observer in Shattrath Rise, trying to reach a treasure cache atop a column in Spires, or working your way around the ledges encircling The Pit"

They consider the content to be the level 100 rare spawns, the level 100 Apexis daily quest locations, and the treasure loot. It doesn't matter if you think that's content or not, that's what Blizzard is defining "endgame outdoor content" as.
    If that's what caused flight to be removed... if that's the stuff that's 'endgame outdoor content' that's pathetic. It continues to show that they can't come up with an original idea to save themselves.

Getting to a treasure? I can't fly so someone can do these ripoff GW2 jumping puzzles? Apexis Dailies? We gave up flight for MOB GRINDING? Are you fucking kidding me?? And how are those trivialized by flight? You fly on taxis to get to most of the damn things.

That's my issue here - they touted new, cool content that would be trivialized by flying and so they took flight away and... we get this half-assed effort.

Contrast this with the Lion's Landing/Dominance Offensive stuff; the 5.1 bases and Krasarang dailies at least told some story about what was going on and moved things forward. When do we get the benefit of all the new developers who came back from Titan?

All of this makes me glad I unsubbed and likely to not sub again until 6.2 or later.
    Last edited by clevin; 2015-01-29 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amulree View Post
    Of course it makes sense. It's pretty simple, actually.

There are things that the community expected to see in 6.1 and beyond, and they don't appear to be there.

Why not?
    Blizzard can do and say whatever they want and people will defend them.

Even if Blizzard added 'we promise' in front of things they'd be here going "Yea but they never promised WHEN."

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    For everyone's benefit, I've compiled an exhaustive list of what won't be finding its way into 6.1:
    • Content.
    Thanks so much for being the first person to bring this up in the thread. Truly awesome.

May I ask why you expected new dungeons in 6.1? New dungeons bring new gear that's meant for catch up usually, what would we need to catch up to?