Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Twitter Campaign #MW?

Let's be honest... I don't use twitter. I don't twit or tweet. I'm a 20 year old male and I don't like updating the world on how good taco tuesday is at tijuana flats.

But apparently Blizzard LOVES twitter.

We need a campaign or something to address the broken mechanic of Mistweavers.... Mana Tea. They took all mana regen out of game for most part with no more innervates no more spirit link no more this no more that. But we kept mana tea. And in turn with it, all of our spells became extremely more costly. It has held us back in CM's to people dying because OH SHIT BROS GOTTA DRINK. It had held us back with having to waste valuable time drinking a a mana regen that shouldn't be in the game anymore.

I know blizzard has a hardon for each monk class stacking a brew/tea WELL GOOD if you wanna keep going down that road freaking change the spell. But we need to readjust mana costs on spells like RJW (1/8 of mana bar) and etc.

If blizzard goes through with this 3x spirit scaling crap, not only will it make us the same reliant on mana tea, it will make the one thing we are relying on during fights to be weaker. Until we can hit 2100+ spirit. It is a huge nerf, to a gameplay mechanic that makes MW feel so clunky.

If you want to know how clunky mana tea is from my perspective. When I do mythic imperator progression, I start off the fight as FW to build up stacks, my goal is 10 stacks. Sometimes I hit 12, sometimes i hit 6..... -.- When I have 6 stacks after the puntback from add I look at my mana bar and say "don't worry baby I'll be gentle..."

So I look to you guys. The tweetsters ya'll are to tweet blizzard until they finally realize TAKE OUT MANA TEA. Figure out a pound key phrase for me <3

Twitter is actually not long enough to articulate that point. You could use twitter to link them to a well-written post on the official forums, and attach a hashtag. To do it right you'd need to have a lot of backing and have someone nominated to write the post.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    Twitter is actually not long enough to articulate that point. You could use twitter to link them to a well-written post on the official forums, and attach a hashtag. To do it right you'd need to have a lot of backing and have someone nominated to write the post.
    the dream 2015

Deleted
    it's not a broken mechanic though, you merely don't like playing with it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    it's not a broken mechanic though, you merely don't like playing with it
    It's not broken, it's just downright fucking horrible to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

#BostonManaTeaParty

Deleted
    Manatees (family Trichechidae, genus Trichechus) are large, fully aquatic, mostly herbivorous marine mammals sometimes known as sea cows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    It's not broken, it's just downright fucking horrible to use.
    That's not a conceptual problem though but rather on the current realization of the concept.
    I personally don't see any problem with the MW class mechanic of having high mana spells that allow to refund mana later in the fight. It's unique to WoW and at its core interactive. What's problematic is that Mana Tea, as it stands right now, is a "use whenever you got nothing better to do and forget about otherwise" mechanic. The only thing you have to be concerned about is not letting it get to "21" and you're gucci.
    I welcome the fact that they're sticking with the ability and trying to work it out. They obviously failed badly with the x*spirit idea.

Whenever I think about "twitter campaigns" I shutter to think at how big #freeyayo could have been if Twitter was around for that.
    Would have been crazy, wouldn't you guys agree?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    That's not a conceptual problem though but rather on the current realization of the concept.
    I personally don't see any problem with the MW class mechanic of having high mana spells that allow to refund mana later in the fight. It's unique to WoW and at its core interactive. What's problematic is that Mana Tea, as it stands right now, is a "use whenever you got nothing better to do and forget about otherwise" mechanic. The only thing you have to be concerned about is not letting it get to "21" and you're gucci.
    I welcome the fact that they're sticking with the ability and trying to work it out. They obviously failed badly with the x*spirit idea.
    It's a cool idea, but it forces us into downtime to give us as much mana as other healers have without having downtime to channel mana regen.
    Brolibear!
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    And as a trade-off we get an aoe heal that hits the majority of players in the raid regardless of positioning and essentially infinite mana on slower paced fights.
    That's part of class design, you give them pros and cons and if the relation between MW and other healers is not ideal it's not purely on the MW side to make changes.

One thing that I think would fix all the problems with MW right now would be the introduction of a second Tea that accesses the same stacks as Mana Tea and on demand increases spot healing. That would make the Mana Tea mechanic more "fun" by introducing actual choice and buff MW in 5 man content without making them a broken "good at everything bring 5 of them and forget every other healer" kinda class.
    It obviously would have to be balanced in a way that seriously weakens your AoE healing capabilities in the long run and essentially does by default due to taking RJW mana away.
    Last edited by mmocc9e8bd4f08; 2015-01-30 at 02:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    And as a trade-off we get 1% less base mana cost on all abilities to compensate, bringing us to the level of active mana regen as the other healers, because Mana Tea is counter-intuitive to use, and forces us to stop healing to gain mana, which no other healer has to do.
    Fixed that for you
    Brolibear!

Deleted
    That's the point of classes, differences in them. Drawbacks are part of that. It's not like we're not competitive because we have to dedicate 40 seconds every fight to channeling a spell that doesn't heal.
    Like I said, if anything other healer's mana regeneration needs to be looked at. If you assign healers niches respective mana regeneration I think the monk should be the one with essentially infinite in long, slow paced fights because of the refund mechanic in combination with efficient spells, with the drawback of awful mana in short, fast paced fights because of the high mana cost, chi inefficient spells.
    In the same way another class should be the opposite.
    Obviously all within a range that doesn't make healer x unplayable on encounter y, preferably through the classes complementing each other by design.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's the point of classes, differences in them. Drawbacks are part of that. It's not like we're not competitive because we have to dedicate 40 seconds every fight to channeling a spell that doesn't heal.
    Like I said, if anything other healer's mana regeneration needs to be looked at. If you assign healers niches respective mana regeneration I think the monk should be the one with essentially infinite in long, slow paced fights because of the refund mechanic in combination with efficient spells, with the drawback of awful mana in short, fast paced fights because of the high mana cost, chi inefficient spells.
    In the same way another class should be the opposite.
    Obviously all within a range that doesn't make healer x unplayable on encounter y, preferably through the classes complementing each other by design.
    Even without Mana Tea, we are unique. Mastery is enough of a drawback.
    Brolibear!

Deleted
    That's a numbers problem more so than a conceptual drawback though. If they'd just make it proc a static 50% and base the amount it heals for on mastery, and maybe by tying it to the producing heal indirectly to spellpower, it would be fine as a mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a numbers problem more so than a conceptual drawback though. If they'd just make it proc a static 50% and base the amount it heals for on mastery, and maybe by tying it to the producing heal indirectly to spellpower, it would be fine as a mastery.
    The mastery is an entirely different topic. Hypothetically and quite bland, imagine mastery increased raw healing for say, Renewing Mist. Suddenly it would increase our overall healing and may warrant a nerf of base spellpower input or something. That is pretty much what we want to happen to make Mastery useful and less positionally dependent, ...etc. Mana Tea unfortunately has an obvious starting and ending point that makes it more or less superfluous.

At the beginning of the fight all healers have (roughly) the same amount of mana with no backup tea charges or anything. At the end of the fight healers will run on fumes and will only be able to make a few casts out every couple seconds. Unless I'm somehow playing the spec wrong it seems like we do a pretty decent job of following them on that as per design. The other healers don't have to do anything special to maintain this design but we have to waste time channeling the tea every now and then for really no good purpose. Removing it and lowering spells base mana requirements would save us time, barring you somehow get lucky and get enough tea procs to manage to have more mana than everyone else. Even if you somehow had an absurd amount of tea procs and we had infinite mana like in MoP, by the time the other healers are running on fumes the fight is pretty much over and the raid failed to kill the boss promptly.

7+ Year Old Account
    The mastery is flawed purely by design, tweaking numbers won't fix it. It's an atrocious mastery.
    Brolibear!

I really don't understand why so many people are attached to mana tea. It's a horrible mechanic that adds nothing to gameplay and is probably what is causing us to miss out on an actual throughput cool down.

I see no downsides to blizzard removing mana tea and lowering all of our mana costs, except maybe for the fact that crane stance wouldn't be used as much to cheese easy MT stacks.

Deleted
    Eh, if they actually tweaked the numbers to spawn a reasonable amount of balls AND changed the expiry heal to heal the most injured person within 40yds of our Statue it'd be an OK Mastery, the design is not the best but it's not unworkable.
    Last edited by mmoca360a97bc5; 2015-01-30 at 09:25 AM.

#teagate ?