Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I..... I can't believe it. I must be dreaming. Is this real, guys? Did our cries finally got through?
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Obviously a huge step up for the spell, but a spell that I wish was still removed. More instants will make it feel like clunky though, so I will wait and see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaldeera View Post
    Im happy for ele they gave em some love but wheres the love for enhance whos already doing less damage on sims...
    If you are saying enh is bad, please do explain why every top guild has an enh shaman in their roster. But not an ele?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichipline View Post
    If you are saying enh is bad, please do explain why every top guild has an enh shaman in their roster. But not an ele?
    Mythic Margok. The end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    Mythic Margok. The end.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=20

Fixed that for you.

This is a good news indeed. Time for them to fix multi target fight, then we're good i think. And ofc, pvp aspect as well since its still remain untouch til now. Starting from EoTE redesigned, and now insta EQ. I wonder if these are part of a "significant change" for ele shaman (or shaman generally) that they've talked before on blue post. Still waiting on another blue post for that significant changes promise...

Deleted
    This is a good change, and tbh should have been like this from the start. I admit that I miss my god mode CL spam in siege. Can't complain about the buff though. And with the EotE changes this could be good in fights with burst AOE ie CL -> Insta EQ -> CL Insta EQ. Still clunky, but it seems to be the shaman playstyle these days :P

Quote Originally Posted by ichipline View Post
    If you check that parses percentiles, you'll see the enhance shaman ranked in the 92nd percentile. The ele shaman only 400 dps below was in the 77th percentile. There's a lot of context behind random ass logs, those elemental shaman are probably underperforming alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogudei View Post
    If you check that parses percentiles, you'll see the enhance shaman ranked in the 92nd percentile. The ele shaman only 400 dps below was in the 77th percentile. There's a lot of context behind random ass logs, those elemental shaman are probably underperforming alts.
    You completely miss my point.
    Enh are doing just fine single target.

Yes they might be lower than others purely single target. But still pull their weight
    And make up in other ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems it really is the intention for both shaman dps specs to be an ocean ahead of everything else when it comes to AoE. Some niche is better than no niche I guess, are there any big AoE fights in foundry that would make us essential?

Big change and really needed. Now fix EQ castrange to 40 yards im fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    It seems it really is the intention for both shaman dps specs to be an ocean ahead of everything else when it comes to AoE. Some niche is better than no niche I guess, are there any big AoE fights in foundry that would make us essential?
    Beastlord Darmac is practically nonstop AOE ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Love this!! Now we just need a small tweak for PVP and I think we are golden (however I wouldn't shed a tear if they finally removed unleash elements).

Would love to see a small blink or 3s-5s speed burst when first entering into Ghost Wolf (give it a 20-30s internal CD). In fact I would love to see one of our talent tiers changed to a mobility option (blink, burst of speed or root break).
    Last edited by dryankem; 2015-01-30 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Would love to see a small blink or 3s-5s speed burst when first entering into Ghost Wolf (give it a 20-30s internal CD). In fact I would love to see one of our talent tiers changed to a mobility option (blink, burst of speed or root break).
    that would be amazing, take t30 or t75 both are pretty fucking trash.

But will tanks be able to see these wonderful new insta-quakes or will we have awesome AoE that doesn't end up hitting anything half the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    But will tanks be able to see these wonderful new insta-quakes or will we have awesome AoE that doesn't end up hitting anything half the time?
    According to others, yes. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post31973897

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    So basically how I'm reading this is that EQ is now automatic, once you earn the ECL passive. From there, you can buff the damage from hitting 3+ targets with CL. Is that correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankhesenisis View Post
    Can anyone on PTR confirm CL 2 targets does NOT increase EQ damage by 120% and makes it instant cast (assuming that instant cast actually works on PTR) ?
    From what I understand, it doesn't get more damage per target hit like before, now its just +300% if you hit 3 or more targets. And I think from the wording, it is only instant cast if it hits 3+ targets.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Love this!! Now we just need a small tweak for PVP and I think we are golden (however I wouldn't shed a tear if they finally removed unleash elements).

Me too! Our mobility is just awful.... think the worst of almost every class, cept mebbe locks (but they got portal and lots more CC). We really need a mobility talent tier like other classes.... with L45 totem talents being the obvious choice. Just make totemic projection baseline, add the persistance effect (that lets you use more then one totem of each element) to certain totems with long durations like our Earth and Storm Elem, or Stone Bulwark totem..... and there you go. Remove totem talents, replace with mobility.

We could have a passive talent, like +15% run speed and some other effect.... then a talent with a shorter CD like sprint or gap closer such as a blink or shadowstep.... and the final one could be medium CD (I think Windwalk totem would be good if moved down, add a movement bonus to its effect and its a great mobility tool that helps your party as well).

I would also LOVE to see 2 glyphs go baseline: The imp GW glyph that makes it so snares are less effective in GW, which is very useful in PVP..... and also the Shocks glyph that gives +5yds to shocks/shear to make them 30yds instead of 25yds (which I hate and don't understand why its still 25yds).

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer
    that would be amazing, take t30 or t75 both are pretty fucking trash.
    Did you mean L45 and L100? Cause L30 is alright, not great but its decent. And L75 has been toned down some, but it makes sense as a healing/support tier and with the proper buffs it can be pretty good (plus they buffed AG).

The L45 totem tier on the other hand is just god awful and shouldn't even be there. And L100 talents suck too.... but they just need to be changed into something better and more useful, plus more customized toward each spec (with Storm Elem just being removed completely or maybe make baseline but weaker).

One thing I would like to see is for Windwalk totem in L30 be moved to L45 as one of the mobility options, and design a new talent for its place in L30. The L30 tier seems to be a "control/cc" themed tier except for WW totem which is a mobility talent. It would make more sense to make another CC related talent in its place.... maybe a proper stun or an improved version of Hex.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Did you mean L45 and L100? Cause L30 is alright, not great but its decent. And L75 has been toned down some, but it makes sense as a healing/support tier and with the proper buffs it can be pretty good (plus they buffed AG).

The L45 totem tier on the other hand is just god awful and shouldn't even be there. And L100 talents suck too.... but they just need to be changed into something better and more useful, plus more customized toward each spec (with Storm Elem just being removed completely or maybe make baseline but weaker).

One thing I would like to see is for Windwalk totem in L30 be moved to L45 as one of the mobility options, and design a new talent for its place in L30. The L30 tier seems to be a "control/cc" themed tier except for WW totem which is a mobility talent. It would make more sense to make another CC related talent in its place.... maybe a proper stun or an improved version of Hex.
    i raid mythic, i feel like i change the T30 once a year, like i think i changed to windwalk at ko'ragh but we have a lot of druids so roar means i often never use it, the other 2 are purely pvp talents no use in pve.

t75? yeh healing has gone to the healers, so please remove this retarded healing tier, i'd rather have some utility or mobility than pop a cd and appear below every druid who talented ysera's gift, think we can all agree any of those 3 talents require infinitely more work and thought to use than ysera's but none of them will out heal it in a raid, truely pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i raid mythic, i feel like i change the T30 once a year, like i think i changed to windwalk at ko'ragh but we have a lot of druids so roar means i often never use it, the other 2 are purely pvp talents no use in pve.

t75? yeh healing has gone to the healers, so please remove this retarded healing tier, i'd rather have some utility or mobility than pop a cd and appear below every druid who talented ysera's gift, think we can all agree any of those 3 talents require infinitely more work and thought to use than ysera's but none of them will out heal it in a raid, truely pathetic.
    Yea, T30 talents aren't usually very useful in raids cause they are situational and CC related. For PVP obviously its important to have them. If a raid encounter needed you to root an enemy or group of enemies, then the talents would become useful. And obviously WW totem is the default since its group utility and can help with certain raid mechanics to avoid damage or get in position. But like I said, wouldn't mind WW totem being part of the mobility tier, and in its place make a new talent for CC like an Improved Hex or Stun/Incapacitate.... while still situational in raids, it can find uses with adds.... and will be great for PVP.

Ysera's Gift huh? Well... the heals from that are constant over time, so it will be alot at the end of the raid but its not really bursty healing when you need it just passive healing like our old healing stream totem or something. The L75 talents could use buffs, but I highly doubt they will remove them. Most hybrid classes have a healing themed tier like Druids and Paladins so kinda makes sense that we have one too. I wouldn't mind actual healing spells tho instead of just passive effects like more heals from HST or HR.... plus our basic HST should be healing more, the nerf was too much and makes HST useless without the Rushing Streams talent.

Surely you don't like the L45 totem talents tho? While the L30 and L75 tiers aren't that great, they do have uses and themes that most classes have.... but totem talents are easily the worst. They seem shoehorned in just cause its our "signature mechanic" when instead we could really use some of the talents baseline like totemic projection (esp regarding proper positioning of totems if you ranged and can't reach the melee group).... and a mobility theme talent tier like most other classes get.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Yea, T30 talents aren't usually very useful in raids cause they are situational and CC related. For PVP obviously its important to have them. If a raid encounter needed you to root an enemy or group of enemies, then the talents would become useful. And obviously WW totem is the default since its group utility and can help with certain raid mechanics to avoid damage or get in position. But like I said, wouldn't mind WW totem being part of the mobility tier, and in its place make a new talent for CC like an Improved Hex or Stun/Incapacitate.... while still situational in raids, it can find uses with adds.... and will be great for PVP.

Ysera's Gift huh? Well... the heals from that are constant over time, so it will be alot at the end of the raid but its not really bursty healing when you need it just passive healing like our old healing stream totem or something. The L75 talents could use buffs, but I highly doubt they will remove them. Most hybrid classes have a healing themed tier like Druids and Paladins so kinda makes sense that we have one too. I wouldn't mind actual healing spells tho instead of just passive effects like more heals from HST or HR.... plus our basic HST should be healing more, the nerf was too much and makes HST useless without the Rushing Streams talent.

Surely you don't like the L45 totem talents tho? While the L30 and L75 tiers aren't that great, they do have uses and themes that most classes have.... but totem talents are easily the worst. They seem shoehorned in just cause its our "signature mechanic" when instead we could really use some of the talents baseline like totemic projection (esp regarding proper positioning of totems if you ranged and can't reach the melee group).... and a mobility theme talent tier like most other classes get.
    yeh only reason T45 is useful is totemic projection, which i agree should be baseline but never take anything for granted as shaman, be glad we have it rather than whole tier changed and lose projection, and yeh T75 i guess it's just AG went from being amazing to just pathetic, the nerf is insane along with HST as well, and conductivity has always been bad but when i cast healing rain in wod the numbers made me laugh and i removed the ability from my bars.

so overall the massive nerf just left me with a bad taste, it's like they took your car away and left you with 1 tire, and that tire is clamped, just take the whole fucking thing why rub it in my face?

but on topic of EQ, loving the instant cast, loving the new graphic, loving that others can see it.