Deleted

Ranged DPS trash talk so much in Raids about "bad" DPS and yet

• 75% of wipes happen because of Ranged DPS(s) do not know about mechanics; i.e stepping on mines, including many 660-670s.
    • Clueless about how DPS Works; when a melee is forced to heal because of lack of heals or has to run or the boss is going up (Imp i.e) he loses DPS.

In fact my most smooth runs in HC happen with melee-dominated Raid Groups. I even remember once back in Normal where it was a wipe so I was standing around jumping; waiting for the boss to target me and kill me, and still had trash talk after that. Anyway that is my experience.

15+ Year Old Account
    u think a ranged dps has never healed himself before due to lack of heals? Also, great read...

why do i get the feeling that you are just bad`?

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you had some shitty rDPS in your pug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

What is going on here? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbysound View Post
    • 75% of wipes happen because of Ranged DPS(s) do not know about mechanics; i.e stepping on mines, including many 660-670s.
    • Clueless about how DPS Works; when a melee is forced to heal because of lack of heals or has to run or the boss is going up (Imp i.e) he loses DPS.

In fact my most smooth runs in HC happen with melee-dominated Raid Groups. I even remember once back in Normal where it was a wipe so I was standing around jumping; waiting for the boss to target me and kill me, and still had trash talk after that. Anyway that is my experience.
    Pointless post. inb4 closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    75% of wipes happen because
    Where do you get this "fact" from?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Where do you get this "fact" from?
    That is my experience, never stated as a "fact".

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I agree with many ranged dps standing in mines, they just don't look deadly enough, and in some pugs people say, "it looked like a buff"
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

My favorite: You know you're in for a doozy of a pug when a wipe happens because of a mechanic not being handled properly, and someone starts linking meters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well when you surround yourself with those kind of players then you get what you give. I also want to point out a anecdotal thing that is completely off topic. Raiders from the US server Ragnaros and the US server Azralon are really bad at the game.

And speaking of melee I always find that it's a young crowd who plays them. I can't tell you how many cracking, going through puberty voices I have heard coming from Rogues and DK's over voice chat.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

The game is ALL trash talk now. You can be chasing bunnies as part of the Spring Festival thing, and players will show up and trash talk. Go to any other game that has a chat feature - same thing. Go on Xbox Live, and whatever Playstation has, with any game with voice chat - trash talk. Go on Youtube - trash talk. Even benign games played by young children, like Minecraft - yep, some socially retarded adult is trash talking 6 year olds and griefing them. All it takes is two or three "hardcore" gamers to gather in one spot, and shit talking breaks out. It's considered "normal" now to be a gaping asshole in any social aspect of gaming.

People are just assholes. Some gape more than others. WoW is no different than any game around - and no worse. It's all ranged? I might believe that, because huntards, but in my experience THE biggest shit talkers are DKs.

Just remember John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory:

Normal Person + Internet + Anonymity + Audience = Total Fuckwad.
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

No shit most mechanics are screwed up by ranged dps, they get all the jobs so there's no opportunity for a melee to mess it up. Pretty tough to ever see a melee dps mess up berserker rush, or butcher stacks, or flamethrowers, or ko'ragh soaks, or stacking for enfeeble on twins, or mines/brand on imp. Cause you never deal with that shit in melee you just hang out and smash the boss. I play a hunter and a warrior, on my hunter I have a job every single fight, on my warrior I face roll my keyboard and hardly ever have to think about mechanics.

OP is a baddie melee who got crushed on the meters by some ranged dps in a pug and tried to justify it by saying he was bandaging or couldn't reach the boss. Nothing more to see here.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I trialed for a top 100 guild during SoO, during their 4 week trial one of their hunters made a comment about my dps during a heavy movement fight, which was still in the 90 percentile. I reminded him I play a feral druid (one of the harder rotations at the time) and not a hunter. He did not take it too well and none the less later found he was the single vote against me which had to be unanimous in order to get it. So stfu easy rotation range classes.

Incompetent players come in many forms, not just range.

Deleted
    Cool story bro, can be exactly the other way around too.