Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This change makes sense. Joining a raid to do this is not "working as a group". You don't really work with people or communicate. You just have everyone run around randomly and kill as much as possible. You don't even see half or talk to the people. That was not the intent, and most people (including Blizz) realize that.

You will still be able to join groups of 5 or less to burn mobs down fast, and that will promote group play. Doing it in a "raid" does not really promote group play like an actual LFR raid does (where everyone is working together to kill the same boss).

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually enjoyed Pit, when it was up I was always doing it. The others, no.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

This is a large thread, so it might have been talked about already, but the problem you run into a 5 man group finder group is people are going to be constantly streaming in and out, keeping the cycle going, especially if you're waiting on folks to show up. I'll definitely bring my summon stone follower to combat that, and I might just make my own groups. With Barn groups in Group Finder, at least there's no definitive end point and people have a reason to stick around for awhile.

Logistically it won't work out as smoothly as the raid group did because of players on different stages of progress when you join. The raid group ensured you at least had a few in range of you even if a good chunk them are flying or elsewhere in the harbor.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-01-30 at 03:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    after patch you no longer get credit while in a raid group

fun was detected and nerfed
    BWahahahaahahahahahaahaha.... There was not a single shred of fun to join a huge raid group, kill and loot in such a number that it isn't even a challenge. Just efficiency, no fun.

Or as said in many movies, it was just business.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2015-01-30 at 03:44 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    I'll probably be a lone dissenter and say I actually like this change.
    You are not the lone dissenter in the slightest

I did daily's enough to get to the 5k or whatever it was for the quest and that was it. Never do them again, no reason to the gear is shit and too expensive I can just craft the same quality gear.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    I'll probably be a lone dissenter and say I actually like this change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    You are not the lone dissenter in the slightest
    I second that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Well the Pit, Shattrath and Ashran ones might still count as those are designated "Group" and It would be impossible to get credit for the Ashran one otherwise.
    I do Ashran every day by myself. Just queue to Ashran, go to the side areas where u get the events, do the events. Get to a portal NPC whenever he will spawn or a Rare and announce on /1 it is up, give it a couple of minutes and a crowd will come to kill it, it drops around 80 artifacts, some rares drops over 100 artifacts so just killing 1 rare can get your quest completed quickly.

Also, I think that these apexis group quests will include on the ones designed to be completed as group/raid so might not be affected

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    BWahahahaahahahahahaahaha.... There was not a single shred of fun to join a huge raid group, kill and loot in such a number that it isn't even a challenge. Just efficiency, no fun.

Or as said in many movies, it was just business.
    Well clearly it was fun to some of us.

Deleted
    I guess is because now LFR is so quick to do on Highmaul and the gear we can get in highmaul is about the same shit as the apexis gear you can get so that will eventually become useless in a nearest future taking in consideration the next raid on LFR will be quick and easy to clear too

Apexis gear will become obsolete soon, only thing you will have to farm is if u want the follower and mount really.

o well no real lost since i never bother with it besides if i want the ring on a alt. Have fun fighting the dozen other groups for tags now, nerfing is easier to do then fixing i guess.

Wow what a worthless change lol. Apexis crystals were a terrible idea anyway so at least having an easy quick way to finish it was the best thing barring removing them from the game completely. So instead they make the daily more annoying? I guess they have to though because there is so little content they couldn't have people completing it too fast.

The Blizzard white knights in here are bringing me to tears talking about how the raids were just mindless zergs with no organization. HAHA the quest is to kill everything you see until the bar is full and you want organization? The quest objectives dictate a mindless zerg. Gimme a break this is not the design decision to white knight over imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Because those Apexis Farm Raids were so social. I mean, sometimes someone did even say a word in 5 minutes!
    You don't need to say words (that doesn't stop you from taking initiative homever) the interactions and activity is a social activity, just as much as a protest or a party is. you might come for the booze but hey you are meeting and seeing new people.

Deleted
    There is nothing that justifies this, it makes no sense at all and will probably make people forget/drop the whole idea of apexis crystals together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasblossom View Post
    Wow what a worthless change lol. Apexis crystals were a terrible idea anyway so at least having an easy quick way to finish it was the best thing barring removing them from the game completely. So instead they make the daily more annoying? I guess they have to though because there is so little content they couldn't have people completing it too fast.

The Blizzard white knights in here are bringing me to tears talking about how the raids were just mindless zergs with no organization. HAHA the quest is to kill everything you see until the bar is full and you want organization? The quest objectives dictate a mindless zerg. Gimme a break this is not the design decision to white knight over imo.
    You do know there is a massive diffrence between white knighting and having an opinion right?

The current itteration of Apexis quest is imo the worst content blizzard have ever done.

I dislike 3 things about them

1) It is extremley zergy and horrible interaction with people.

They are fixing this imo, this is a good start.

2) The rewards are WAY WAY WAY to expensive for the level they are.

They are actually makign this worse in 6.1

3) Apexis crystals should be avaiable in way more ways than currently.

They are kind of fixing this by adding way more follower missions, but I would still like them to add Apexis to random 5 man as rewards (800 for Challange Mode, 600 For first heroic, 300 thereafter sort of thing).

Anyway I guess I am just a mindless drone with no opinion...

./sigh
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2015-01-30 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Speeling!!

Deleted
    All this will accomplish that even less people do them.............Blizzard...........I don't think they care anymore.

So, does this mean you can't be in an raid group in Ashran if you're doing the Ashran one? That was the only one I was still doing, because it was basically "free". Now I won't bother with any of them.

It's difficult to see how Blizzard thought the apexis stuff could make sense. It's just cluelessly bad game design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    You're right. Clearly Blizzard intended us to go in, grab two dozen mobs, AOE them down, and just run around like chickens with our heads off and be done in five minutes. That isn't trivializing it at all.
    Blizzard also intended people to have fun doing them. This shows how absurd Blizzard's "intent" can be.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Never realized people grouped for this, I always soloed em like the pit one.

Well now its not even worth doing them, guess I'll just buy the mount. One less thing for me to do every day.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Less social activity = great.

there goes the one thing that had me tempted for 6.1.
    You have to be joking right?

When were the apexis raids ever social? These are the steps 99.9999999% of players took.

1. Open Group Finder
    2. Join Apexis Raid
    3. Show up to location
    4. Follow Zerg around
    5. Let bar hit 100%
    6. Droup Group
    7. Garrison Hearth

There is no social aspect except for the fact that you were around other players. Being in raids doesn't = a social experience. Hell. In these daily zerg groups it might as well be NPCs you are running with. The only chat that takes place is "rez please" followed by "keep up".
    Last edited by Tonkaden; 2015-01-30 at 05:29 PM.