The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Current DPS-Classes/Class usefulness

Hey everyone,

I've recently resubbed and came back to the game, and was wondering how the state of DPS classes currently is. When I left the game (over a year ago) the best dps classes were marauder/sniper.
    Is this still like that? How are the classes balance-wise (especially pve-wise)?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Piene View Post
    Hey everyone,

I've recently resubbed and came back to the game, and was wondering how the state of DPS classes currently is. When I left the game (over a year ago) the best dps classes were marauder/sniper.
    Is this still like that? How are the classes balance-wise (especially pve-wise)?

Thanks in advance!
    Classes are pretty well balanced.

What you are going to see in 3.0 is what classes have more burst vs sustained. Near the end of fights it's working out fairly close but some have a good bit more burst than others.

What I'm seeing is melee has a bit more burst vs ranged. You still get some burst with ranged but not as much. Ranged has a bit more sustained DPS because they have a better chance of keeping their time on target percentage high. Melee do not always have that option. So, they get a bit better burst for when they are on target.

The only class that I know is still a little behind the rest is the infiltration/deception of the shadow/assassin class. They excel as serenity spec (the old balance spec) but their infiltration/deception spec is a little behind the rest for some reason. It's not terrible to the point of not being good though.

Marauders and snipers (along with their republic equivalent) are still doing well. Most classes are doing fairly close DPS except I think the infiltration/deception spec shadows and assassins. There just a bit behind the other classes but not so much they would get sidelined. Their other spec, Serenity/hatred (old balance spec) is still doing really well though probably because their DOTS are still ticking even when they can't be in melee.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-02-03 at 07:02 PM.