Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't role play and this is getting silly fast. This is what you need to know:

Eredar is the race. After Sargeras did his shtick with Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, the eredar split into two. You have the man'ari eredar which are now demons (or corrupted eredar) and the draenei which is a name in their language given to the non-corrupted eredar (or one could say "original, pure" eredar) which is also the playable race.

Lorewise, you could technically spin it saying the draenei are a race themselves now since the man'ari eredar are now demons (demons being a race in its own right) but if you plan on roleplaying your DRAENEI character as an MAN'ARI EREDAR... your best bet is to find a skin tone that is close to red, dark purple, or even pale greenish-blue.

EDIT: I meant to add that the draenei are the original eredar; they just do not call themselves that anymore.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2016-04-05 at 05:36 PM.

The Eredar also have different facial features than the Draenei, namely they have a spine for eyebrows, longer facial tendrils, and non-blue glowing eyes (green or red). Draenei don't have any of these features as they slowly evolved while out in space away from Argus.

I think it would be fine. I mean my warlock refers to all Draenei as Eredar. It rubs quite a few the wrong way, but he sees the big picture. He knows they're all just Legion servants waiting to turn at the right time. A shame they haven't all realized the real master to be served. Oh but they will.

Quote Originally Posted by bobthecrop View Post
    Not even Velen is considered Eredar, he is draenei. And despite popular belief, draenei are a separate sub-race from the eredar, one created over 25k years. The closeness to the 5 naaru aboard the Genedar made the eredar mutate slightly into a less edgy and pointy version of themselves (physically, not mentally). To be an actual eredar would mean you had to travel on a separate inter-dimensional ship, something which didn't exist.
    I never heard that before. I assumed that Eredar all had a scarier, pointier appearance due using fel magic or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by murdochav View Post
    I never heard that before. I assumed that Eredar all had a scarier, pointier appearance due using fel magic or whatever
    His information is false.

As I stated above, the Draenei are simply a faction of Eredar. Man'ari are a faction AND sub-race of Eredar.