Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Overall this really isn't any worse than mines on imperator though. Raid mechanics have gotten a LOT more complex since the LK days and we regularly deal with stuff like that now.

Defile and Shadow Trap were just very deadly void zones - not exactly a revolution in raid development. Mechanics like the bazillions of void zones spawning on H Siegecrafter Blackfuse are vastly more difficult to deal with than the simple pass-fail nature of Defile.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Clearly, you did not bring "that guy" in your raid group...lol.
    That guy usually was punted to the moon by the icicles before the defile phase started!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Defile really was quite different then a regular mine or void zone. You would ALWAYS wipe if you failed it a single time.

A single mine explosion on imperator, even on mythic, is easily survivable. Any void zone mechanics deaths can be countered with a combat res.

Defile however is very strange, you would move out, think you are save, someone would stay in slightly longer, it would grow slightly, suddenly you would be in again, you would move out but it would grow meaning someone else who was previously out would be in, causing a chain reaction. One fail on defile would not be recoverable in any way.

Seems like a hard mechanic if it exists on normal/heroic. Obviously for mythic its fine.

Deleted
    That's a mythic change.

Deleted
    I guess it could potentially be a very dangerous ability if someone stands in it for long, but at the top of my head from LK progression the damage wasn't super outrageous either and Defile growth didn't accelerate so walking out of it wasn't that demanding of a task. The shadowbombs aka bomb that sends you sky high was annoying if somebody didn't pay attention since it exploded in an aoe radius.

Perhaps I just don't have that kind of relation with the spell. There was tons of other mechanics that were a pain on LK though, so it's hard to pick. I still fret the Val'kyrs and the first time I did last boss in Skyreach I had flashbacks of horror.

Also I'm sorry I didn't understand your initial comment on "that guy" but I don't usually play or have a chance to play with such people in raids.

I think any guild that can progress all the way to mythic iron maidens can handle this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Raiders of today are better then raiders of the past.
    "than"

Infracted: Please post constructively. -Nobleshield
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2015-02-04 at 03:12 PM.

But this time, we are prepared!

Mmm, it was a nightmare for my guild at the time, oceanic players on a 170-350ms ping - they haven't made a mechanic since that punishes latency, with the possible exception of 0.5second interrupts on nef, and brackenspore interrupts when they reach 0.3sec ish.

This time we have 10-50ms thanks to the aussie servers.

Should be fine I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Defile and Shadow Trap were just very deadly void zones - not exactly a revolution in raid development. Mechanics like the bazillions of void zones spawning on H Siegecrafter Blackfuse are vastly more difficult to deal with than the simple pass-fail nature of Defile.
    Siegecrafter and Void Zones..... Killed him 50 times and still yet to see even a single one.

Deleted
    Its for mythic so relax. Ppl who get there wont be that dumb to can this ability to cause serious issue

Quote Originally Posted by Ebinnaattori View Post
    Siegecrafter and Void Zones..... Killed him 50 times and still yet to see even a single one.
    Thanks for the pedantry.

You know what he means, stop being obtuse. If you don't, then stop being stupid.

I don't understand the fuss over this spell. We had fire to deal with on Al'ar, Voidzones on Netherspite, DnD on Rage Winterchill, Lady Deathwhisper, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Thanks for the pedantry.
    I dont honestly see how the fire or the drills are similar to defile or void zone and I'd even say that Defile is much harder than fire on the ground as you can actually take couple ticks from it without wiping the raid, cutting edge progressions is a different thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You know what he means, stop being obtuse. If you don't, then stop being stupid.
    so basicly if I dont know what he ment I should stop being stupid? that simply doesnt make sense. Talking about a boss with the actual skill names is kinda relevant to the fight or comparing skills to another "similar" one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Raiders of today are better then raiders of the past. Not saying people wont die but the defile mechanic isn't hard compared to mechanics we have seen from Cata and onward.
    No they aren't lol. Look to Imperator for a shining example. Mines and mark of chaos aren't defile worthy and ppl fail at those on the reg. Defile will destroy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I don't understand the fuss over this spell. We had fire to deal with on Al'ar, Voidzones on Netherspite, DnD on Rage Winterchill, Lady Deathwhisper, etc.
    Defile fucked you with the slightest hesitation.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    so basicly if I dont know what he ment I should stop being stupid? that simply doesnt make sense. Talking about a boss with the actual skill names is kinda relevant to the fight or comparing skills to another "similar" one.
    Generally, "Void Zone", or even "fire" or "bad" tends to refer to ANY kind of damaging effect that has a basis of a certain spot on the ground. For Siegecrafter, Sawblades, Fire, Missle Turrets, Death from Above, Converyer Belt Beams, and to a lesser extent, Mines all count as "Void Zones" (Mines can barely qualify as a void zone as they were essentially moving ground-based AoE that could be targeted/killed). On the other hand, Overload from the shredder, and the ticking damage of the magnets do NOT count as a Void Zone.

But yea, IF they added Defile as a normal/heroic mechanic to any boss, that boss would be a "wall" for 90% of raiders, simply due to the fact that in all but the most cutting edge guilds, you will always have at least ONE player who stands in the bad EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Fortunately, with the advent of the Flex mode, you can easily kick the bad player for the hard boss, and carry him on the easy bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post
    What was the problem with Defile? You simply move out of it and that's the end of it. It was annoying since it limited space on LK and could create awkward situations with Val'kyrs, but the mechanic on its own as nothing worrying.
    Defile required moving AS it went out. If you even sat in it half a second it would be a wipe on H LK

And no raiders are not better today. Myth

All of those other "danger zone" mechanics you guys are bringing up basically just killed the dude standing in it. Defile got bigger and wipes the whole raid.

The reaction time wasn't really lenient either. I remember trying to drop defile on the throne, and even if you were on point with the timing it was hard to get it far up those steps (or even on the steps at all).

Then you throw in the guy with a little lag and GG.