Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Medipac94 View Post
    Prayer of healing is too weak.
    PoH has higher HPS than any other standard AoE heal, IIRC.

:|

It's not weak, it just costs way too much mana.

6.5k with 2 stacks. You should not be hard casting it.
    Yeah, there you go.

Statements like "mana should not be an issue when casting a spell" are just wildly ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    PoH has higher HPS than any other standard AoE heal, IIRC.

:|

It's not weak, it just costs way too much mana.

Yeah, there you go.

Statements like "mana should not be an issue when casting a spell" are just wildly ridiculous.
    Not due to the mana issue either lol...the amount of healing it does for a hard cast is pathetic. NOTHING to do with the mana. I was just saying how much it costs in the situation it is worth casting.

I run with surge of light so I get a lot of stacks. If I'm not throwing out renew I'm dumping my stacks on flash heal then stacks gained from them on heal, and then circle of healing is up again and renew needs to be put out. I don't have time to cast a slow cast, shitty weak heal. And like others have said about casting on a group of melee that are taking damage...apart from butcher where it is JUST that group taking damage not many other fights offer that.
    Last edited by mmoce69430b187; 2015-02-05 at 02:20 PM.

the amount of healing it does for a hard cast is pathetic
    What are you comparing it to?

PoH: 1,108% SP (221.6% * 5 targets)

CoH: 1,108% SP (221.6% * 5 targets)

Divine Radiance: 907% SP (151.3% * 6 targets)

Chain Heal: 650% SP (162.5% * 4 targets)

Wild Growth: 1,400% SP (280% * 5 targets)

PoH does the exact same healing as CoH. Only AoE heal that does more healing is Wild Growth.

Not sure what you're trying to prove here. If PoH is "pathetic healing", then so is CoH? lol, no.

Not due to the mana issue either lol...the amount of healing it does for a hard cast is pathetic. NOTHING to do with the mana. I was just saying how much it costs in the situation it is worth casting.

I run with surge of light so I get a lot of stacks. If I'm not throwing out renew I'm dumping my stacks on flash heal then stacks gained from them on heal, and then circle of healing is up again and renew needs to be put out. I don't have time to cast a slow cast, shitty weak heal. And like others have said about casting on a group of melee that are taking damage...apart from butcher where it is JUST that group taking damage not many other fights offer that.
    I haven't seen all the fights in BRF, but so far 2 I see where they are similar to Butcher (where groups of people are actually grouped up) are Gruul (inferno slice groups) and Flamebender (we have the person run to Melee to soak and we keep most of our Melee in 1 group). Those are just a couple that I've seen where PoH could be utilized on an entire group. Then again I also play disc, so what do I know lol.

Deleted
    Hue hue hue.

The point I'm trying to get across it targets PARTY members. So unless if 3 members are injured and 2 at full health ITS A WASTE. Wild growth, targets raid members, CoH targets raid members, Chain heal targets raid members.

So please think about the situation, wild growth can pretty much ALWAYS be used and be effective. Prayer of healing is limited to a party. and its fucking awful. If it targeted raid members with a cast time. Sure.

Butcher you can predict. This group will take damage then, that group takes damage then, all of them. EVERY other fight you are not 100% going to get the heal out, so no matter how strong it is, if its not used correctly. its shit. waste of a gcd. waste of time.

Anyway, I'm raiding tonight. And I'll try what you said I'm curious how strong it will be. I will go out of my way to cast it if the group is taking damage and make sure groups are set for it. On the train master guy so I got 2 groups to heal anyway.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&fight=9

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...R#type=healing

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&fight=4

Those are my logs from last night, no prayer of healing and was fine. But I'll try it to see.
    Last edited by mmoce69430b187; 2015-02-05 at 02:33 PM.

Butcher you can predict. This group will take damage then, that group takes damage then, all of them. EVERY other fight you are not 100% going to get the heal out, so no matter how strong it is, if its not used correctly. its shit. waste of a gcd. waste of time.
    I haven't done much of BRF, but every fight I've done so far has predictable damage. Gruul's Inferno Slice, Oregorger's Torrent, Iron Bellow on Thogar and Furnace blasts.

The point I'm trying to get across it targets PARTY members. So unless if 3 members are injured and 2 at full health ITS A WASTE.
    Nice backpedaling. Hue hue hue.

So you're not arguing that it has "pathetic healing", you're arguing that it's hard to have it heal 5 people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Nice backpedaling. Hue hue hue.

So you're not arguing that it has "pathetic healing", you're arguing that it's hard to have it heal 5 people.
    A mix...I'll give it a try tonight. No point trying to argue. Either way holy mechanics allow it to do huge HPS without touching PoH, I gave evidence to that.

A mix...I'll give it a try tonight. No point trying to argue. Either way holy mechanics allow it to do huge HPS without touching PoH, I gave evidence to that.
    No one doubted that. We're arguing that in certain situations, it's a good alternative when CoH is on CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffcash View Post
    No one doubted that. We're arguing that in certain situations, it's a good alternative when CoH is on CD.
    if targets in the same party are taking damage and low enough health to be worht casting :P

how did a disc thread suddenly become about holy and serendipity?

As disc the only time you should use prayer of healing is after archangel, using the empowered crit on the cleave group. (but that's the go-to spell you should be using your empowered archangel for, it's very hard to overheal with it since crits are turned into absorbs)

Deleted
    Prayer of healing is too weak. I could throw a bag of warm piss at the melee group and heal for me.

If you like I can link logs to prove I'm not talking shit. Renew is the way to go along with circle of healing. Use your stacks on "heal" for the tanks or a low health raid member. Along with the other raid healers. When a party goes below 50% health lightwell kicks in. Renew is ticking over, circle of healing. The only time it is worth to cast if the whole group is <70% health and you don't have to hard cast it.

- - - Updated - - -

6.5k with 2 stacks. You should not be hard casting it. (Assuming you take surge of light and get them flash of lights procs and get loads of stacks)
    I ranked in sub 50 on Mythic Highmaul Butcher doing BH=>PoH=>Renew rollings. And this was with sub par play. It is not weak and stop talking shit.
    Last edited by mmocd87175aca1; 2015-02-05 at 04:11 PM.

I mean it's not absolute dogshit. Based on https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1C...5QSnRPeU0/view PoH has about 25% less HPM than PW:S and if you're only going to PWS + EAA PoH you're going to end up at 50% mana at the end of the fight so the difference is even less.

I have a disc priest in raid, bounces between shadow and disc, here is his numbers for our first Gruul heroic kill. He does this all the time...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...urce=3&fight=6

edit: changed link

Quote Originally Posted by degias View Post
    I have a disc priest in raid, bounces between shadow and disc, here is his numbers for our first Gruul heroic kill. He does this all the time...

Not a single PoH and yet went oom? I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

if targets in the same party are taking damage and low enough health to be worht casting :P
    I think a perfect fight for this would be butcher - which is what the OP was discussing to begin with.

Not sure why you felt you had to chime in with, "POH SUCKS EVERYONE WHO USES IT SUCKS".

He should really learn to use solace.

7 healers? That's a little overkill for your group size especially with an average ilvl of 670. 2 Hpallyies AND 2 disc priests is kind of a bit overkill imo.

I don't even know why you would make a thread about this, you knew the person was doing it wrong.

And if you really weren't sure then I'm not sure what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Naux View Post
    I don't even know why you would make a thread about this, you knew the person was doing it wrong.

And if you really weren't sure then I'm not sure what to say.
    As i said before, i made the thread just to double check if someone had found an alternate play style for disc. PW:S spamming is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    7 healers? That's a little overkill for your group size especially with an average ilvl of 670. 2 Hpallyies AND 2 disc priests is kind of a bit overkill imo.
    Eh, I hadn't healed since Wrath, and we were trailing one of the H pallies. We'll take whatever healers we can get. We only raid 5-6 hours a week, so we roll with what we get, our pool is limited. We did most of MOP 10 man with 2 disc. Should try it sometime .