Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Kolento hits Top 1 with Troll Deck

Heya, guys!

Kolento just reached Legend 1 with an awkward deck. It's amazing how you can climb the Hearthstone ladder just using some trollish cards. In this article you can find more information about Kolento and his achievement and also the Deck he used to get Legend 1.

http://hallowedgaming.com/kolento-hi...th-troll-deck/

Have fun!

not to cheapen his win or anything. And he's a good player, but the only real shocker in that deck is the x2 Oracle and maybe Big Game Hunter. Otherwise it is pretty standard stall mage?

It's a fatigue mage. Basically it's a mill deck thus the coldlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    not to cheapen his win or anything. And he's a good player, but the only real shocker in that deck is the x2 Oracle and maybe Big Game Hunter. Otherwise it is pretty standard stall mage?
    Not exactly standard stall mage if it has no burn in it.

I must agree with Meneldur...

I don't think mill mage is a troll deck. Just because other mill decks have been bad, doesn't mean this one is. I think this is good enough for tournament play. Only problem is it's weak to aggro, and hunter/zoo are still so damn strong.

"troll deck". Yeah right.

I faced that deck earlier today playing a control paladin, can't remember if it was on EU or US, but dear Lord was it annoying.

The ''daring'' card in this deck is the Deathlords, you don't see that very often. I use it for my aggro pally and its doing its work though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, with Duplicate and Echo of Medivh, Mill Mage is now a thing, before it used to be Mill rogue, which totalbiscuit made, and mill druid. I'm eager to see mill warrior with Iron juggernaut and all the brewmasters.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The ''daring'' card in this deck is the Deathlords, you don't see that very often. I use it for my aggro pally and its doing its work though.
    This list has become pretty common among pros over the last week actually. Deathlords are core to it. The idea is that you play Deathlords, get more of them via Duplicate and Echo, force most of your opponents minions onto the field, then you clear them with AoE. It mills them very quickly and gets rid of most of their big threats in a controlled manner.

I read the synopsis in the linked article, and it's all wrong. The main thing you want to duplicate is Deathlord. Other cards can be okay sometimes, but Deathlord is really the big one.

Edit: Watching Forsen's stream right now, and he's about to play mill mage. Also, he said almost exactly what I did. It seems strong but it's weak against hunters.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2015-01-16 at 05:35 PM.

By simply naming the decks "will mage/pala"/"cancer hunter"/"zoo warlock" is trollish imo

How is it a troll deck? It is the ultimate control, it owns any aggro and outcontrols any control using Oracles as burn finishers if fatigue stage. Loses to midrange decks like t9 druid though. Badly. That deck is solid and innovative. And new, so people had no idea how to play against it, ergo the best material for a rank 1 grind.

P.S. It is Freshca's deck btw. Also otter tested it a lot at the beginning of the month.

Hmmm...didn't know it was Freshca's deck. Learning new things everyday ^_^

oh its THAT deck, I was sick of playing against all the aggro so I switched for a couple of games to control war and I met two mill druids and this... annoying to play against, thats for sure.

With what kind of deck can someone defeat THIS (mill) deck?

Quote Originally Posted by TynaKu View Post
    By simply naming the decks "will mage/pala"/"cancer hunter"/"zoo warlock" is trollish imo
    Cancer, Mill and Zoo are terms from Magic: The Gathering. It's not just random crap that people came up with to troll.

Double combo druid has a pretty good matchup against it.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I'm already expecting Trump to try out this deck in a couple of hours.

I watched him play this deck and I must say the skill level required to play it is enormous. As a legend player myself (hitting top 100 at best) I was constantly failing to predict his next move (and his decision always surpsised me as better than my own) somehing which very rarely happened in case of standard decks, like control warrior or handlock.

The difference between good and bad player in case of this deck seems to be even higher than in case of miracle rogue, considered the most skill-demanding deck in the game so far.

However, notice that often the key to defeating opponent in HS is understanding his win condition, and playing around it. As Kolento's deck was fresh creation, none of his opponents knew how actually Kolento is wanting to win, thus making them confused, misplaying more often, and increasing his win ratio significantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.