Thread: Blackhand

Deleted

Blackhand

So we made a normal group for BRF today with some 6/7M guildies and a few friends, everything died quickly except for Blackhand. We had about 10 pulls on him and got him sub 10% a few times, but one thing about phase 3 doesn't make a lot of sense and it just seems like we were doing something very wrong.

Basically in phase 3 he casts Massive Shattering Smash when on 100 energy (like in the other phases), except now it does 1.2 million damage and a 200k DoT for 10 seconds, split between all players in front of the boss. We tried having everyone soak it, but the DoT was still ticking for a huge amount, killing 5 people instantly. After that we just decided to have me solo soak every smash. The thing that's not clear to me is that after a smash he goes back up to 80~ energy straight away, so he basically just spams his smashes throughout the phase. When we soaked with multiple people he also gained this much energy.

Is it intended that he gains so much energy and just spams his smash for a retarded amount of damage? It seems like we're doing something fundamentally wrong there.

Deleted
    Seeing how no one has killed it on heroic yet, there might be something wrong.

We were struggling with p2 mechanics but did get to p3 normal a few times and there is definitely something up with his energy.

/reports/8aHThtX1kmN42WZz#type=resources&fight=50&hostility=1&spell=103 (can't post links but warcraft logs parse)

You can see his energy jumps up very randomly at times and like you saw in p3 he went from 10 to 80 instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by R033 View Post
    Seeing how no one has killed it on heroic yet, there might be something wrong.
    i mean looking at say BL's iron maidens they were at 1am cst, i doubt they put that much more time in?

currently stuck on this boss. He is spamming massive hit in phase 3, impossible to soak..
    Also, hunters taking fall damage in phase 3, be aware!
    Last edited by Haawken; 2015-02-04 at 08:51 PM.

Killed it last night on normal.

If he hits less than 4 players with massive smash, he gains about 60-80 energy, which is why he was spamming massive smash.

Everyone but people with 100% dmg taken increase debuff should stand next to the tank taking the massive smash.
    *I said everyone cuz we were 12 manning it last night.. was crazy

If you have like 20+ people then I guess you only need some ppl stacking for it.
    Last edited by Hongke; 2015-02-04 at 09:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Unless they hotfixed after we were there we had 6 people soak the hammer and although a few people died because of it he still gained the energy.

Had the same problem, decided to have the whole raid stack to soak the smash, with people running out of melee with marked of death and slag holes. Bring a lot of healers, and it should be killable this way. Ended up running 2/7/19, and didn't have too much trouble healing the damage, once we got everything sorted with marks and slag holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hongke View Post
    Killed it last night on normal.

If he hits less than 4 players with massive smash, he gains about 60-80 energy, which is why he was spamming massive smash.

Everyone but people with 100% dmg taken increase debuff should stand next to the tank taking the massive smash.
    *I said everyone cuz we were 12 manning it last night.. was crazy

If you have like 20+ people then I guess you only need some ppl stacking for it.
    I never noticed that he had energy, do you have a screenshot or video by chance? When we killed him he would just massive smash after he uses the bombs and marked for death.
    Last edited by Gravitor; 2015-02-04 at 10:30 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We wiped like 7-8 times. Killed it super quick but made a big mistake running 4 healers with 22 people. It's a lot of damage in the last phase.

Looks like he does slag eruption, marked for death, overhead smash in that order over and over again. Whether he's doing overhead smash too quick, I have no idea. We killed it shortly after the third overhead smash, and just used the entire raid soaking. Probably not ideal, but it worked.

Mind you we are 7/7 Mythic, but the damage he outputs, in all phases is pretty high for a normal boss. We had no problems with the first two phases (pretty easy, and could brute force the second phase). You however can't brute force the last phase and win, throwing the slag in bad places or getting smashed the wrong way will result in deaths, as will people not doing marked for death right.

Thank god (at least for now), it's not nearly as long as Imperator.

(removed the video)

that is the video of my guild's kill.

If you see his energy (right below his health), it slowly goes up and he uses massive smash at 100. If you look at 6:06, you see that he gains like 70-80 energy instantly because we didn't have anyone standing next to the tank when the smash went off.
    Last edited by Hongke; 2015-02-09 at 01:26 AM.