Page 1 of 3
LastLast

My issues with monks (participation encouraged)

Hi all!

[DISCLAIMER: You can skip these first two paragraphs if you just want to get to the meat of it!] Please provide constructive feedback if you have it, but do not flame for the sake of flaming. Also, I don't want this to be a discussion of "but Fistweaving isn't a thing you can actually do!" - that is not a discussion for this thread!

I love making these kinds of threads, and I'm not being sarcastic. I personally am a HUGE fan of the Monk, it is the class I've always wanted to play (and the archetype I play in every game that offers it). WoD is my first time playing WoW since the Cata launch, so of course I've finally taken quite a huge shine to my amazing monk.

As a bit of a background in monk play - I initially wanted to level as a fistweaver. LFD doesn't allow fistweavers to queue as DPS though so that was out the window! So I leveled from 1-100 as a Brewmaster for the quick tank queues, and because Brewmaster is always what I thought the actual class would be called when it was released. It's fun, and very freakin sturdy. Only one or two complaints with brewmaster - but they are more of general complaints as a whole. Either way, after getting to 100 I finally specced WW, and it is definitely my favorite class/spec in the game. Holy crap is it fun. My off-spec is Fistweaving though, but I rarely ever use it.

Anyways, here is my comprehensive list of complaints (subject to change as I remember things). Keep in mind that I am not asking for all of these things to be implemented together, but just some ideas I have for issues I see that would be nice to see.

Monk General Complaints:
    • Base and enhanced levels of Chi are far too low. I find it too easy to over-step on Chi, and accidentally waste some by having a full bar, and worst of all - managing Chi is very immersion breaking. It is also very limiting in terms of having a variety of openers. We have; Jab, Keg Smash (obviously the best opener in the game! - but BM only..), Expel Harm (wastes the CD and gains no HP if you use it to generate starting Chi), SPK/RJW (good for PVE AoE opening only), Crackling Jade Lightning (for when you want to tickle the enemy), and whatever Lvl-30 talent you decide to take (which isn't Zen Sphere ever because that skill is worthless). "Guess how that monk is going to attack you!? Maybe he'll disable you for no damage!? Oh wait, Jab.. Jab.. Jab.."
    • Level-30 talents are not gameplay changing/enhancing. Zen Sphere is weak as dirt. Chi Burst is my personal favorite for every reason other than the longass cast-time (I would sacrifice half the range to make it insta-cast). Chi Wave is the most usable, but is still kind of a "meh" in terms of damage/heals/utility.
    • Level-75 talents are half of our defensive cooldowns, and they suck at anything other than their niche meta. Healing Elixirs is amazing on a Brewmaster, but unwieldy on WW/MW/FW due to the scarcity of readily available Brews. BM's are always purifying damage, and so HE triggers all the time. WW saves up its TEB charges for the right moment, which is not always when you want to trigger HE. MW/FW needing to consume Mana Tea just to heal for 11% (because it isn't 15% as the tooltip states) max HP is clunky and just as bad as WW.
    • Level 100 talent choice is limited by unwieldiness of a lot of the talents. Breath of the Serpent is a kludge, nobody says "better blow this cooldown to trigger a very slow-moving heal that is also dependent on my statue as well as my own position!" The FW aspect of Pool of Mists basically says; "Don't you wish you had a lot more chi than you actually do right now?". Soul Dance for BM's is extremely underpowered compared to Serenity or ChiEx that there's almost no reason to ever use it. WW Monks have a good set of lvl 100 talents.
    • MW/FW & WW lack innate defensiveness, which is more noticeable in PVP situations - particularly on MW/FW and WW.

Monk General Recommendations:
    I'm going to put my money where my mouth is for all of my complaints though. It sucks when people say; "I hate this because this" and then don't offer anything in return. So I'm going to offer a "fix" to all the things I mentioned above.

• There are three possible solutions for Chi as I see it. Either increase the Chi cap to 8-10, and make it universal to all specs by default OR Make it so that no skills cost more than a single Chi to cast with the exception of ones like ChiEx (which should be capped at 3 for the same full effect) OR make it so that Monks start combat with full Chi by default, and still give us a baseline 5 Chi for each spec.
    • Level 30 talents - Zen sphere is now stronger, and is off the GCD. Chi Burst is insta-cast, but only goes half the distance. Chi Wave always performs a full 7 bounces so long as there is an enemy/ally (including self) in range - CD increased to 20 seconds.
    • Dampen Harm - Dampen Harm is now Tumble. Attacks which would do more than 15% of your HP as damage now cause you to roll backwards 15 yards and gain a 10% HP damage shield - can occur up to 3 times in 30 seconds (1.5 min CD remains).
    • Diffuse Magic - Diffuse Magic is now Iron Will. For 6 seconds, magic attacks/harmful effects are reflected back to their original casters, purges harmful debuffs from the Monk. (1.5 min CD remains).
    • Healing Elixirs - Healing Elixirs effect changes based on spec. Brewmasters will have the usual effect (with a properly functioning 15% heal of course). WW Monks will gain 25% of their HP back when they use Energizing Brew or Tigereye Brew (25 second ICD). MW/FW will get 15% of their HP back over 10 seconds whenever they use Mana Tea or Thunder Focus Tea - no ICD.
    • Glyph of Freedom Roll no longer exists, and Roll/Chi Torpedo absorbs its effect of restoring a charge of roll/ChiTorp by default
    • Breath of the Serpent - Passive effect which causes Jade Serpent Statue to emit moving Healing Spheres in the direction of the Monk every 10 seconds.
    • Pool of Mists - Everything stays the same, except RSK only consumes Chi upon the first use - the 2nd and 3rd charges are free.
    • Soul Dance - Buffed from 30% to 50%
    • Innate Defensiveness - I'll cover these in the respective spec sections actually - as I do not think the same situation applies to all.

Brewmaster:
    • Breath of Fire only costs 1 chi, because its not that strong of a skill and serves a similar purpose to Thunder Clap for AoE threat generation.
    • Thats it. Brewmaster is in great shape.

Windwalker:
    • Combo Breaker - Buffed from 8% trigger chance to 15% trigger chance. It doesn't occur often enough currently, and the buff easily falls off even in ideal circumstances. It's just not reliable enough.
    • Fists of Fury - You can move while casting this skill. Floating Butterfly glyph is removed. Also, this skill no longer requires a target and will cast in a cone in front of you. My only two complaints about this skill are that it is a pain in the ass to use in PVP due to the fact that being stationary is an easy way to die, and they expect you to glyph for it to allow you to move at the cost of the stun component - AND that it doesn't trigger reliably when you are literally standing in front of an enemy player who isn't moving and is targetted. Make it so it always casts and doesn't require a target - problems solved.
    • Self-heal from BOK now also triggers if you have Chi Explosion instead of BOK (Combat Conditioning Passive) - and both the DOT and Self-heal will trigger without positional requirements. Currently you lose the self-heal from BOK the second you spec into ChiEx. Choosing a talent should not result in loss of utility for the player. Further, positional requirements were supposed to be removed according to Blizz - yet they GAVE US ONE instead. WTF. Remove that shit.
    • Touch of Karma now always has a 30 yard range. Because I'm a squishy monkey and would like this debuff to be on the enemy BEFORE they're already mole-whacking me.
    • Afterlife grants 1 Healing Sphere and 1 Chi Sphere upon every death from any skill, not just from BOK. I don't think this works with ChiEx now that I think about it - so that issue is also resolved by my suggestion.
    • Empowered Spinning Kick now also has a use if you specced into RJW. RJW now costs 25 less Energy. Currently you do not see a benefit from this Draenor Perk if you specced RJW - but you can't simply just make RJW do 2x as much damage or have the self-buff last for only 2.5 seconds - that would suck.
    • Storm Earth and Fire - I love this skill. Due to the bad interface for it though, I think you should not be punished for accidentally doubling up on the same target. So I say that the clone will continue to copy your moves now, even though you are attacking the same target.
    • Surging Mist - Does 2x the healing at all times. This skill is shitty right now, doesn't heal for squat - and only serves to reduce downtime outside of combat instead of sitting/eating.

Misty-Fister:
    • Stance of the Spirited Crane While in this stance, you either have an energy bar instead of mana consumption OR Crane-stance-only-skills consume 1/2 the amount of mana. Even with healer gear, the lack of mana pool in this tree is attrocious - its so much faster to drain yourself of mana spamming Jabs than it ever is as a simple mistweaver.
    • Uplift - is once again insta-cast. No explanation required.
    • Thunder Focus Tea - in addition to current effects, now grants 2 Chi while in Stance of the Spirited Crane. Because this skill offers no utility to fistweavers as it is currently.
    • Mastery: Gift of the Serpent - now also triggers when someone is healed via Eminence. This mastery I believe is currently worthless to fistweavers.
    • Jade Mists: - Renewing Mists and RSK's triggered by this passive do not have a chi/mana cost. Chi starvation is a common occurrence when you have many RSK's provided via Jade Mists and Pool of Mists. This should alleviate that issue.
    • Glyph of Fisticuffs - Causes the Monks offhand weapon to appear and animate the same as the main-hand fist. This is a personal grievance I have with "fistweavers". You can't dual-wield fists! That's half the aesthetic of it, GONE! This glyph is cosmetic, and simply serves to allow me to feel like a fistweaver.
    Last edited by SamuraiJakkass86; 2015-01-10 at 07:07 AM. Reason: formatting

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJakkass86 View Post
    Uplift - is once again insta-cast. No explanation required.
    I thought I would hate this, but - call me insane if you want - it's kinda fun having something to pre-cast for burst raid damage besides RJW (and then only for stack, nothing at all for spread if Uplift were instant).
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Pretty terrible suggestions. I'm not sure how you find managing chi "immersion breaking"; that sounds like a complete nonsense complaint to me. I do agree that 5 Chi should be baseline (it already is for WW, not sure why the other specs didn't get the perk. It's particularly annoying as BRM since if you take ChiEx it's not uncommon to pool 3 Chi while your energy regens and you wait for stagger damage.

Anyways, the level 30 talents have always been garbage and Blizzard doesn't seem to care. Chi Wave was great back in early MoP but now it's basically a worthless "raid heal" (lol) and a minor DPS increase. Zen Sphere is a literal joke. The level 45 talents are completely imbalanced as usual, just like the DK rune regeneration talents. Level 90 talents are crap (lol Chi Torpedo for BRM) - just another AoE vs Single Target selection of which we already have THREE talent tiers based around that same choice. Level 100 ones are actually interesting, but Soul Dance is terrible, as are the unique WW and MW ones. I don't really like how 3 Chi ChiEx means you lose out on 2s of Shuffle, and 4 Chi ChiEx is just inefficient outside of AoE situations (and it sometimes forces itself on you if you take Power Strikes, which everyone does). If it's going to replace BoK it should *always* be better than BoK, in every situation. If I have 4Chi on an single target fight and low stagger, I would rather do 2x BoK than ChiEx in that situation for the extra Shuffle. Also the unique animation for BoK is replaced with a generic spell animation for ChiEx, which is lame.

I also really hate having to mash Tiger Palm for literally 50% of every encounter. I'm not sure why Blizzard thinks that everyone needs to be constantly hitting buttons all the time. Rotations should have downtime; isn't that what autoattacks are for? The 1sec GCD doesn't help my aching hands either. Oh, also Breath of Fire is completely worthless if you take ChiEx. And the perk makes Dizzying Haze almost useless as well outside of pulling. I'm not sure why they decided to remove Clash and keep Dizzying Haze, just give Keg Smash some range and let us pull with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I have been rolling other classes one thing that I have noticed is that most other classed don't have to worry about resources anymore. My mage, shaman, Balance D, Paladin never run out of mana. My rogue has plenty of energy and energy regeneration/recovery that it's not as big of a deal. When I'm playing my Monk i'm always either having energy and/or chi issues. Chi is just terrible IMO, personally I wouldn't be upset if they just removed it and went to more of a hunter's focus model. I know that would never happen at this point though so we are just going to have to live with it.

The suggestions you made I think would be a great first step especially your healing elixir fix. Thank you for the time and energy you put into that.

Deleted
    Whilst there are some things I agree with, in the main my issues deviate from yours.

Regarding MW and Crane stance:
    * Eminence does trigger GotS already (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14729563047#20) and actually does it more frequently than most Serpent spells so I'd probably say it does more for Crane than Serpent (esp. Chi Explosion in Crane)
    * I don't see a reason for SotSC to switch to an energy bar unless they just stripped the Eminence healing out, and thats not what I want lol. There is a big discussion regarding the role of Crane and cost of using less mana for even less healing within the context of a mana limited environment. I suspect the majority of Mistweavers use Crane for the first minute to stack mana tea and an smaller proportion switch back to it for a bit of time to do a bit of damage. A couple (Suplift, MagicRens, ?Entropy) dip into it a bit more. Within that context you want max tea in minimum time with minimal expenditure. If Jab is too cheap its just too efficient to do this and Jab is the only Crane specific skill costing mana... so that is our tuning point.
    * I'd be happy enough with just being able to dual-wield in Mistweaver - would be a unique position for healers, right? Shamans can have a shield!
    * I wouldn't mind if the Jade Mist proc'd ability didn't cost anything but then you might as well call it Combo Breaker: Rising Sun Kick
    * Surging Mist a funny one. It heals for shit, but we're only really casting it for chi anyway most of the time. Would it be better if it healed for more? Sure but that not what it does in our kit
    * TFT - yeah, I wish it did more. However what you describe is what the tier17 4pc does, basically. As it stands it just gives +300% ish healing so improves a spells efficiency every 45s so its a bit lacklustre. Would prefer it to have a bit of punch - ReM with 5 charges and spread instantly, or Surging for +200% so its a real triage spell.

Anyway we're really in decent position... better than Resto shaman QQ

Storm Earth and Fire - I love this skill. Due to the bad interface for it though, I think you should not be punished for accidentally doubling up on the same target. So I say that the clone will continue to copy your moves now, even though you are attacking the same target.
    It's a cleave spell, it's not meant as a set and forget boost to single target.

Also I suggest reading through a few WW guides, it sounds like you don't have too good of a knowledge of the spec based on most your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladrek View Post
    It's a cleave spell, it's not meant as a set and forget boost to single target.

Also I suggest reading through a few WW guides, it sounds like you don't have too good of a knowledge of the spec based on most your suggestions.
    I'm not asking for it to be a single target boost. Right now if you were hypothetically attacking the same target that your single clone was also attacking - it would be a single target DPS loss. However unless you've got a decently modified UI via WeakAuras, you can easily lose track of your spirit in a heavy AoE/PVP situation. I'm just asking to not be punished for fighting the same target as my clone .

I don't think you understand the purpose of my suggestions. They are not to make the class more powerful directly, or because I or others have trouble playing them - they are just very glaring deficiencies that result in clunky or ineffective play. You won't find WW monks bragging about their effectiveness in PVP - because they are not effective in PVP. Skills like FoF or SEF were designed to be used in scripted PVE situations - and very simple changes as I've suggested would allow the spec to be more user-friendly in PVP. Or, do we now have PVE bosses that twitch and twirl around individual players in order to abuse position requirements and front-facing movement? I don't think those exist outside of PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanian View Post
    As I have been rolling other classes one thing that I have noticed is that most other classed don't have to worry about resources anymore. My mage, shaman, Balance D, Paladin never run out of mana. My rogue has plenty of energy and energy regeneration/recovery that it's not as big of a deal. When I'm playing my Monk i'm always either having energy and/or chi issues. Chi is just terrible IMO, personally I wouldn't be upset if they just removed it and went to more of a hunter's focus model. I know that would never happen at this point though so we are just going to have to live with it.

The suggestions you made I think would be a great first step especially your healing elixir fix. Thank you for the time and energy you put into that.
    Staring at your Chi bar in order to determine if/when you can use specific attacks in a set order is a pain in the ass. I try to design my UI in such a way that I have to stare at hotbars timers and resources as little as possible - and yet still it ratholes when it comes to Chi. This is because Chi is very different from things like Holy Power or Burning Embers. You can't just say "I would like to redeem this resource for 1 skill use please!" Other classes get "I would like to use this skill, and here also take this extra resource to make it better" - where we're stuck with "Oh sorry you can't ride this ride until you provide 3 resource".

My suggestions here are aimed at eliminating the harshness of Chi resources on the eyes and mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshley View Post
    Whilst there are some things I agree with, in the main my issues deviate from yours.

Regarding MW and Crane stance:
    * Eminence does trigger GotS already (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14729563047#20) and actually does it more frequently than most Serpent spells so I'd probably say it does more for Crane than Serpent (esp. Chi Explosion in Crane)
    * I don't see a reason for SotSC to switch to an energy bar unless they just stripped the Eminence healing out, and thats not what I want lol. There is a big discussion regarding the role of Crane and cost of using less mana for even less healing within the context of a mana limited environment. I suspect the majority of Mistweavers use Crane for the first minute to stack mana tea and an smaller proportion switch back to it for a bit of time to do a bit of damage. A couple (Suplift, MagicRens, ?Entropy) dip into it a bit more. Within that context you want max tea in minimum time with minimal expenditure. If Jab is too cheap its just too efficient to do this and Jab is the only Crane specific skill costing mana... so that is our tuning point.
    * I'd be happy enough with just being able to dual-wield in Mistweaver - would be a unique position for healers, right? Shamans can have a shield!
    * I wouldn't mind if the Jade Mist proc'd ability didn't cost anything but then you might as well call it Combo Breaker: Rising Sun Kick
    * Surging Mist a funny one. It heals for shit, but we're only really casting it for chi anyway most of the time. Would it be better if it healed for more? Sure but that not what it does in our kit
    * TFT - yeah, I wish it did more. However what you describe is what the tier17 4pc does, basically. As it stands it just gives +300% ish healing so improves a spells efficiency every 45s so its a bit lacklustre. Would prefer it to have a bit of punch - ReM with 5 charges and spread instantly, or Surging for +200% so its a real triage spell.

Anyway we're really in decent position... better than Resto shaman QQ
    Surging Mist doesn't offer any Chi to WW, which is where I listed that suggestion. It's worthless in all situations except reducing downtime between grinds :\.

I suggest energy for Crane Stance due to its similar playstyle to WW. It's kind of like "WW Lite!" in essence, only with nice healing instead of pure damage. As such I think it is a suitable alternative to simply lowering the cost of the already way-too-expensive mana consumption of crane skills.

I like your TFT suggestion Though maybe then we just need a completely separate Brew designed to work with Crane Stance. Any ideas?
    Last edited by SamuraiJakkass86; 2015-01-10 at 05:36 PM.

So... that's a giant list.

I disagree about Chi being a problem(you can stack it to max with Expel Harm pre-pull if having a lack of openers bothers you)
    Hell no to the changed Dampen Harm, uncontrollable movement is the worst thing in the entire game
    PoM nope
    Breath of Fire, could be decent, I guess, but overall it doesn't matter much. Pretty sure BoF is in a better spot in WoD than it was in MoP already.
    Fists of Fury. No. Just no. That'd be going back to how it was in MoP except you could move, which would suck. The reason it requires a target is so it doesn't have to do meteor damage.
    BoK. The selfheal should just go completely and Glyph of BoK should be baseline
    Emp SCK is just not a very good perk in general imo(if there's a situation I'd use SCK, chances are I'm specced into RJW anyway)
    Sure, SEF could do with some better UI, but that change is completely unnecessary and would make it a singletarget DPS gain, which would be dumb.
    Pretty sure you can't actually run OOM in melee stance unless you're doing something very wrong(from what I've heard)
    Agreed on Uplift. The cast time feels horrible(might be less horrible after playing with it for a while, idk)
    MW mastery should just be baseline and they should get a mastery that actually gives the value it should(WW should get the ToT mastery back, or a new one that isn't godawful)

All the others are either pointless, unnecessary or don't actually change anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Staring at your Chi bar in order to determine if/when you can use specific attacks in a set order is a pain in the ass. I try to design my UI in such a way that I have to stare at hotbars timers and resources as little as possible - and yet still it ratholes when it comes to Chi. This is because Chi is very different from things like Holy Power or Burning Embers. You can't just say "I would like to redeem this resource for 1 skill use please!" Other classes get "I would like to use this skill, and here also take this extra resource to make it better" - where we're stuck with "Oh sorry you can't ride this ride until you provide 3 resource".

My suggestions here are aimed at eliminating the harshness of Chi resources on the eyes and mind.
    Except for the part where Ret needs 3 Holy Power to use Templar's/Final Verdict as well, and I'm pretty sure it's the same for Protection with Shield of the Righteous. The healing Holy Power spenders are the only ones you can even cast at sub-3 Holy Power.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Dude, that's called resource management - it's one of the main features of the class. If you don't like managing resources then play a shaman or balance druid or something. DKs have it far, far worse when it comes to staring at your resource bar. That being said, the default Blizzard UI is horrible for managing resources, cooldowns, and class effects (like Elusive Brew), so it's understandably frustrating.

OP: Monks are a complex class and most that stick with it do so for that very reason. Honestly, if you find yourself with that long a list, wanting to change 80% of the class mechanics, maybe it's just not the class for you.

Deleted
    "If you don't like the class mechanics, maybe the class just isn't for you" - Celestalon

No sorry I love the class :\ As I stated in the original post. But in terms of PVP there are many things that don't mesh well, which is why being a monk in PVP is a rare situation. If you think that you are really good at PVPing with WW monk, feel free to post some vids on how you play it well I'm sure there are many here (myself included) that could benefit from seeing some good showing of monk prowess

Deleted
    well there is stuff that could be improved but What i see from your suggestion is that you want almost a complete overhaul of the class wich isn't needed. what is needed is some number tweaks in the end and some QoL changes

Nice list! Lots of QoL improvements that really woulnd't change the class per se, but make a big difference in the enjoyment of the class. We are currently the hardest healing spec to play and I think with these changes it would bring a lot more mistweavers to the table.

And to people say go play an easier class, you're basically saying what celestion said.
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2015-01-10 at 10:26 PM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanian View Post
    As I have been rolling other classes one thing that I have noticed is that most other classed don't have to worry about resources anymore. My mage, shaman, Balance D, Paladin never run out of mana.
    Why do you WANT to play a class that doesn't worry about resources? I quit my mage very quickly after starting raids on him because its downright boring doing nothing but whack-a-mole with cooldowns. If you can't handle having 2 resources to watch as monk then feel free to play something easier.

As was hinted at in the OP, monks baseline abilities and mechanics seem fine to me, but the talents are awful. Perhaps the worst in the game.

T15 is fine.
    T30 is fine mechanically but the numbers need to be buffed hard. The spells are barely worth casting. Imagine if zen sphere was decent? What a world.
    T45 is imbalanced, it would be an interesting choice that affects your game play if the numbers worked better. As is, Power Strikes is just always correct.
    T60 is functional, but could be more exciting. 2 of the 3 are just AOE stuns. Nobody picks Ox Wave over Leg Sweep, and RoP aint what it used to be.
    T75 is fine, this is where I disagree with OP. You have the anti-magic cooldown, anti-physical cooldown, and the general selfhealing. What more do you want of a defensive tier?
    T90 Xuen and RJW are good but Chi Torpedo needs to be scrapped and made baseline for MW. Then a 3rd option could be there.
    T100 Breath of the Serpent should be scrapped. Soul Dance should be buffed and given an active component. Hurricane Strike needs buffed hard. Rest are OK.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Don't have a super duper comprehensive post to add at this moment, but regarding MW/FW, I think it's a safe bet that they are NEVER going to have an energy bar type resource for any of them. Not to belittle them in this case, but Blizzard isn't really capable of balancing healer specs at all without tying them to mana, and they know it, so they aren't even gonna bother trying.

You can also use TFT in FW for the boost to Surging healing since Surging is a legit source of Chi in Crane Stance if you need to heal more.

I agree very much that Mastery needs help, both as a stat and as a functional part of our kit. Either make it more interactive and rewarding or make it fire and forget like the other healers since we already have a lot to manage. Several talents are indeed imbalanced but you listed most of those and tbh that really isn't exclusive to Monks, not even close. My biggest singular issue with them though is that the 100 talents are absolutely not a choice as MW. Either you FW w ChiEx or you take PoM for normal encounters, period. I really tried to make it work but BotS is just a joke. ChiEx is terrible for normal MW even without considering PoM since unlike Surging/Enveloping it has no decent interaction with Soothing so it ends up being clunky and ineffective, and PoM feels like the kind of talent that should be rebalanced and then made baseline since normal MW is borderline dysfunctional without it.
    Last edited by Kenai; 2015-01-10 at 10:39 PM.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

Deleted
    You do know that alot of the things you mentioned make the Class interesting to play, Right? And in an PvE pov Monk is in a very good shape right now

Misty-Fister:
    • Stance of the Spirited Crane While in this stance, you either have an energy bar instead of mana consumption OR Crane-stance-only-skills consume 1/2 the amount of mana. Even with healer gear, the lack of mana pool in this tree is attrocious - its so much faster to drain yourself of mana spamming Jabs than it ever is as a simple mistweaver.
    • Uplift - is once again insta-cast. No explanation required.
    • Thunder Focus Tea - in addition to current effects, now grants 2 Chi while in Stance of the Spirited Crane. Because this skill offers no utility to fistweavers as it is currently.
    • Mastery: Gift of the Serpent - now also triggers when someone is healed via Eminence. This mastery I believe is currently worthless to fistweavers.
    • Jade Mists: - Renewing Mists and RSK's triggered by this passive do not have a chi/mana cost. Chi starvation is a common occurrence when you have many RSK's provided via Jade Mists and Pool of Mists. This should alleviate that issue.
    • Glyph of Fisticuffs - Causes the Monks offhand weapon to appear and animate the same as the main-hand fist. This is a personal grievance I have with "fistweavers". You can't dual-wield fists! That's half the aesthetic of it, GONE! This glyph is cosmetic, and simply serves to allow me to feel like a fistweaver.
    I took another look at this list, and I'm just... what?
    -Crane stance is mana positive with the tea generation plus passive regen.
    -Already discussed Uplift, but I'm sure some people agree with that.
    -TFT can be used on Surging in Crane if you're going to be in it for that long. Plus, the set bonus (almost what you described) is right around the corner.
    -Mastery does not increase Crane DPS, but it definitely already procs on Eminence.
    -I'm not experiencing this "Chi Starvation" in Crane you speak of. It's definitely possible to run out of RSK charges and be at full Chi, forcing an early BOK/TP.
    -Last one is good. Lol
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

The only issue I have is that they nerf the 2 1handers literal hours after I put the 15 crystal enchants on them.
    What a joke.
    Good use of 10k there.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    The only issue I have is that they nerf the 2 1handers literal hours after I put the 15 crystal enchants on them.
    What a joke.
    Good use of 10k there.
    That's just bad luck and timing, and you're definitky not the only one in a similar situation.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch