Thread: GoFundMe Help

15+ Year Old Account

GoFundMe Help

First off if this subject is against the rules of the website can a mod just remove the link & lock the thread instead of banning me? I'm only turning here to get the word out on this campaign.

--SNIP--

First of all thank you for reading this and taking time out of your day to peek into my life.

I'm overweight. There's no question about it. I am 6'0" and weigh 290lbs. I've been fat my whole adult life and most of my childhood. I've tried every way imaginable to lose weight including hitting the gym and having a personal trainer. I've tried diet pills, cutting fat out of my diet, cutting carbs, cutting sugar out, Adkins, South Beach Diet, Weight Watchers.....like I said everything. The most that I would lose is 10-15lbs and then I would put it back on after a few months. I finally got insurance and they allowed me to get the Lapband installed. The doctor warned me that the success rate for it isn't that high. I was one of those people that it didn't work for. In fact, it just didn't take at all and has been giving me abdominal pain since it was installed. I told my doctor but within a month of having the surgery he had up and moved his practice to another state.

Now you might be thinking that I'm a lost cause or that I just didn't try hard enough. Believe you me, I tried hard when I got this thing installed and it just didn't work for me at all and the pain is a constant pain.

Now you're probaby thinking to yourself "he's got insurance so why doesn't he just go through them. That's the problem. Because they paid for my failed Lapband they won't pay for another weight loss surgery because its a 1 in a lifetime type of thing. I can't afford other insurance because I'm on a fixed income too.

That's where this GoFundMe comes into play. There is a local doctor here that is willing to remove my Lapband and do the gastric bypass which has a very high success rate in losing weight. In fact, my younger sister and mother both had the gastric bypass done with great success. My little sister lost about 100lbs and my mother lost about 75lbs. I would like to see such results.

So I'm asking you good people reading this to help me out with this operation. I thank you in advance for any help you might provide.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-02-06 at 04:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, advertising is forbidden here. I've had to snip your link