Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    You could always just make your bnet message "DND". Works for me.
    This ^^^. The entire point if the DND. If people still bother you, put them on ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its painfully obvious that everyone who wants the feature to appear offline is because they have annoying people on their friends lists who are fun to play with occasionally, but annoying a lot of the time.

And the idiots who call those people antisocial and say this feature isn't needed ARE those annoying idiots that people want a break from. They don't want this feature because they know that 99% of their friends list will appear offline and ignore them.

Sometimes people just want to be left the fudge alone for a little while. You idiots keep going on and on "well if you don't want to play with people then don't play an MMO..." Are you people retarded... We don't want to be permanently offline or alone... We want to log in every now and again and just not be bothered.

EDIT: And this is not some novel new concept... Literally... LITERALLY every single other online platform beside this allows this option... Xbox Live... Steam... Messaging services... Skype... Etc.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2015-02-08 at 07:45 PM.

Why can't I be invisible while walking on the street? Sometimes I just don't want to be disturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Why can't I be invisible while walking on the street? Sometimes I just don't want to be disturbed.
    Your life hasn't been flagged for the "Veteran Account" yet, so you don't have that option available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    This ^^^. The entire point if the DND. If people still bother you, put them on ignore.
    Let me just put my guild leader, my IRL friends, my coworkers, etc... Who see me online and message me regardless of of what my status is on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Let me just put my guild leader, my IRL friends, my coworkers, etc... Who see me online and message me regardless of of what my status is on ignore.
    It may be a stretch but you could tell them lightly to not bother you right now because of other reasons. Yeah you obviously could just go full out douche mode and ignore every single one who ignores the DND message you put in, but the point being is you have to let people know even past the status.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It may be a stretch but you could tell them lightly to not bother you right now because of other reasons. Yeah you obviously could just go full out douche mode and ignore every single one who ignores the DND message you put in, but the point being is you have to let people know even past the status.
    And being concerned humans they want to know whats up...

"hey man lets blah blah blah"
    "not right now man I just want to be left alone"
    "whats up man whats wrong?"

And now I am having a conversation about why I don't want to be bothered rather than simply NOT BEING BOTHERED.

And now I am having a conversation about why I don't want to be bothered rather than simply NOT BEING BOTHERED.
    Than that is where you keep your stance of reply and don't reply? If it comes to WoW, you can also simply just push the whispers and battle net messages to a new tab and never look at them again for as long as you want to. Simply not responding or caring to look at chat is another option, but I understand the want for a invisible feature.

If only I had such light problems... In my case, I just say "Can't/Don't want to talk right now, see you later"... and that's it. NEWSFLASH: People don't take it personaly and don't get angry at you cause of this. Simple communication.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    If only I had such light problems... In my case, I just say "Can't/Don't want to talk right now, see you later"... and that's it. NEWSFLASH: People don't take it personaly and don't get angry at you cause of this. Simple communication.
    Damn man... You are right... Because of your one anecdotal example of why you in particular don't need a feature they should just not give that feature to the incredibly large number of people who have been asking for it since battle.net existed.

Switch off your chat. There must be an addon that will send a message when someone /w you that you are having some 'me' time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    If you want privacy, playing a Massive Multiplayer Online game is probably not the way to go
    Well if blizz got off their lazy asses and made a proper Warcraft rpg I wouldn't personally play WoW anymore when I wanted to play a Warcraft rpg without being bothered... but since wow is the only thing Warcraft and rpg at the moment, it's my only choice...

Why doesn't Blizzard make a zone that is a padded room, where I am restrained in chains and unable to speak to anyone?

There's a way you can make your own invisible mode. It'll require two bat files, one to turn battle.net on and one to turn battle.net off through port blocking. You need to make sure that you have it enabled to see file extensions for this to work.

This works for Windows only but I'm sure there is an OS X equivalent.

Right click on your desktop and create a new txt file. Rename that txt file to BnetOFF.bat (removing the .txt). Confirm your decision on the warning about changing file extensions.

Open this file with a text editor and add:

@ECHO OFF
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="bnet" protocol=TCP dir=out remoteport=1119 action=block
    exit
    Save the file and exit.

Do the same for a file called BnetON.bat

Open it and add:

@ECHO OFF
    netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="bnet"
    exit

Save the file and exit.

Start WoW and log into your character. Run the off file as an administrator and watch your friends list. It will disconnect.If you log out and then need to log back in, be sure to run the On file before trying to log in or it will not work. You can simplify this by immediately running the on file after your friends list disconnects.

This process will not stop you from showing up on your guild roster.

Damn man... You are right... Because of your one anecdotal example of why you in particular don't need a feature they should just not give that feature to the incredibly large number of people who have been asking for it since battle.net existed.
    So now every idea should be implemented into the game, cause some people feel they need it? Maybe you didn't notice, but most of their last additions serve to expand the MMO in mmorpg, if you don't want to talk with anyone and you are not able to make others know it, you are not assertive. If such pointless, little, mostly unneeded and pety features should be implemented... everything should, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never gotten this decision it would seem like a good addition, enough times you do not want to be bothered by others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Its more about not having to tell your friends off.
    No its about having wrong friends, cause friends you CANT tell off are the wrong ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    I have never gotten this decision it would seem like a good addition, enough times you do not want to be bothered by others.
    Because according to the above idiots, only antisocial people who are scared to talk want to appear offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    Ayy all these social heroes again saying it's not needed. Sometimes there are days when you just want to have nobody bothering you, without having to fake-AFK and without actually saying you're not in the mood to talk/do anything. Having an "invisible" mode would solve this (bar some problems like what would "/who [name]" do, and should it show you online in the guild?), but it seems Blizz doesn't deem it too important since it's been on "it'll get implemented maybe, someday"-mode for years now.
    awww, man...someone asked me to play with them...my whole playing experience is ruined....
    So hard to say "No, thanks" and continue with what you were doing. They already got rid of elite quests because of people like you having a problem with having to find other people in an MMO to complete a few quests that encourage team play. It's just never good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Because according to the above idiots, only antisocial people who are scared to talk want to appear offline.
    No, we just think that it's funny to see people complain about having to play with or around other people in a MMO. It isn't "anti-social" it's just really really weird.

If you want to ignore them, and they don't listen to you requests to be left alone - then yes. It's quite sinple.