Thread: 6.2 Speculation

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    non-instanced content.

even a lack of instanced content. there are too few dungeons and they are made obsolete very fast. no valor, no incentive to run them, nothing.
    The non-instanced content at 100 is definitely lacking.

And before somebody mentions it, "treasure hunting" (i.e. look at the minimap and follow markers) isn't compelling content for me, that sort of item collection bored me whatever the game is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Backjauer View Post
    If I compared the different expansions at three months in, WoD would be my least enjoyed. I don't think it's totally without merit, but the overall package is lacking something.
    Yeah.

- Flight at max level
    - New race
    - New class
    - content like 5.1, 4.1, and 3.1
    - A capital city worth visiting

(just my opinion of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    ill second that

this xpac is worse than cata. hell, catas first raid tier puts this one to shame. it only went off the rails when DS was launched.
    It went off the rails when an entire raid was scrapped and 4.1 was nothing but revamped ZA/ZG as 5man heroics.

Firelands was okay but it was only 7 bosses. 7. H-Ragnaros alone could not make 7 bosses last very long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Walter- View Post
    I will not speak for everyone... only myself. I am glad to be out of Pandaria. If I never get another panda expansion, it will be too soon.
    You're only speaking for yourself and a small group then. Everyone I know has canceled their sub since month 2 of WoD. It was logging in, garrison missions, maybe 1 or 2 pet battles, MAYBE a heroic, then logging out. =/

I miss MoP. WoD wasn't overhyped, just not enough content added. Hoping they get off their asses and actually do something HUGE for 6.2. But I won't hold my breath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    This isn't Cataclysm, this is the overhyped expansion that supposedly went back to the roots of the game.
    wich it clearly didint and this makes it the worst expension ever.....

Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    I'd like to see the return of the Shado-pan.

Garrosh broke out of their prison, evading the law and causing the Iron Horde madness.

And they do what? Almost nothing.
    Their gods declared that justice was served. Not sure they have any reason to show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Walter- View Post
    I will not speak for everyone... only myself. I am glad to be out of Pandaria. If I never get another panda expansion, it will be too soon.
    Honestly, would have taken Pandaria with content updates for another year than this brown orc killing spree of a buzzkilling expansion. Atleast Pandaria had half acceptable story telling and along with semi-decent character/plot development. From a mechanical and a story perspective, WoD has been the biggest depressant since Cataclysm, but I actually played Cataclysm.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Everyone I know has canceled their sub since month 2 of WoD. It was logging in, garrison missions, maybe 1 or 2 pet battles, MAYBE a heroic, then logging out. =/
    Hows that any different than any other expansion at this point? Except in previous expansions you'd be grinding out some mindless rep or dailies instead of doing garrison stuff, but its still exactly the same every single expansion at this point. It always tapers off once you have a maxed out character, theres never really much to do outside of raids. At least it took me a few months to feel like I reached that point with this expansion, in Cata or even MoP to a degree, I felt like I had reached that point after a few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Worse than Cataclysm? Hahaha. Sorry but it is a lot better than Cataclysm. Excuse if you can't steam roll through the raids now like you could in Cataclysm and Mists. Warlords of Draenor raids are far superior than both of those expansions. Now in BRF you have to use CC for mobs and I hope they continue like this with future raids.
    Contrary to popular belief there is more content to this game than raiding and PvP. The raids might be better, but the overall "content" is... well abysmal.

I hope 6.2 brings to end to this "expansion", which feels like the longest single content patch ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyranthian View Post
    Hows that any different than any other expansion at this point? Except in previous expansions you'd be grinding out some mindless rep or dailies instead of doing garrison stuff, but its still exactly the same every single expansion at this point. It always tapers off once you have a maxed out character, theres never really much to do outside of raids. At least it took me a few months to feel like I reached that point with this expansion, in Cata or even MoP to a degree, I felt like I had reached that point after a few weeks.
    I feel the exact opposite. You are right, every expansion reaches this point, but I thought it took longer to reach this point in MoP and Cata. It feels like I've been treading water since the start of this year at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Contrary to popular belief there is more content to this game than raiding and PvP. The raids might be better, but the overall "content" is... well abysmal.

I hope 6.2 brings to end to this "expansion", which feels like the longest single content patch ever.
    WoD feels like a testing and set up expansion.

They're testing a bunch of new things to see how they work out. Garrisons, no flying, treasures, etc. So it's kind of really hit and miss in terms of content. They went too far in testing new things that they didn't add the older things that people enjoyed so the expansion is very light on content.

Story-wise it seems like they're setting up more for future expansions. Building up characters(Yrel, Durotan, Liadrin, etc.), setting up some future class/race combos(draenei rogues), setting up future expansion villain(Legion), replenishing the population of draenei and orcs, etc. Which kind of makes it feel like a filler expansion in terms of story, the story isn't really progressing, we're just picking up some things for the future.

So, yeah, at this point it's kind of hurry up and finish WoD so we can get to the real expansion.

World of Warcraft will come back and the f2p model will be put on hold.

Devs will grow a pair and create special spots for classes, maybe mortal strike will be unique to warrior / rogue class.

Lore will be respected again, dailies will be put on hold, craft will be TOP TIER again demanding hours of farming.

LFR will be tourism and gear will be equivalent to heroic dungeon.

Heroic dungeons will be casual high end again with a chance to drop a heroic loot @ end boss.

More heroic dungeons will be inserted to help people gear without LFR.

PvP ranks / gear will be brought back for people not interested on arena, up to High Warlord or better.

"Six o'clock the siren kicks him from a dream
    Tries to shake it off but it just won't stop
    Can't find the strength but he's got promises to keep
    And wood to chop before he sleeps"

Sorry, i put my expectations instead of my speculation. It's a dream, i know.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

Main thing is that transmog overhaul, which is 6.2 or 6.3

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    WoD feels like a testing and set up expansion.

They're testing a bunch of new things to see how they work out. Garrisons, no flying, treasures, etc. So it's kind of really hit and miss in terms of content. They went too far in testing new things that they didn't add the older things that people enjoyed so the expansion is very light on content.

Story-wise it seems like they're setting up more for future expansions. Building up characters(Yrel, Durotan, Liadrin, etc.), setting up some future class/race combos(draenei rogues), setting up future expansion villain(Legion), replenishing the population of draenei and orcs, etc. Which kind of makes it feel like a filler expansion in terms of story, the story isn't really progressing, we're just picking up some things for the future.

So, yeah, at this point it's kind of hurry up and finish WoD so we can get to the real expansion.
    We just got into brf to kill a warlord other than destroying the iron horde foundry and you say The story isn't progressing? We are just 2 month and half into wod and not even the first patch is being released so I don't really understand what do you guys expect honestly. What was there to do in Cata on first patch ? Level up get tabards from faction vendor and ding exalted with all reps within 2/3 days. Mop first patch? 25 dailies a day and dungeons. Tbc was the same but with more gated content you lvl up and get into dungeons but you need to get keys for hc mode to enter certain dungeons and attunements for raids. But in the end first patch is always lvl up dungeons and raid. Only thing that misses is dailies and some currencies from dungeons that I personally don't want back.
    I don't want to feel forced to log every day to do daily dungeon for valor points or stuff like that which is just pointless and boring.
    Last edited by Deliverer; 2015-02-09 at 02:47 AM.

pointless and boring.
    Should be WoD's tagline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two months in and people are griping? I've enjoyed the chapter based story telling and each zone has been unique to some degree. A couple of the dungeons are great and a couple are meh(BRS). The legendary quest line is okay, my one gripe is that the stones for highmaul drop too few at a time. I don't want to run the same bosses for six weeks straight to get the damns tones. Seems like they're taking the Naruto approach to filler content with that one. I haven't hopped into BRF yet but am looking forward to it. Overall this expansion has been a lot of fun and has opened the door to some unique ideas going forward.

i think 6.2 is gonna have pandas in it

10+ Year Old Account
    Expansion has been a major let down. I still have some fun so still subbed, but I will probably unsub around May. Once 6.2 comes ill resub. At this point I hope its like this.

6.1- Late February
    6.2- June- Grom raid- Tanaan Jungle- Dungeons- story finale.
    7.0- January
    Next expansion- February.

Thats realistic to me if they do 2 tiers and have the next expansion ready sooner. November2015-March 2016 with 2 tiers is best. Get to a better expansion. WoD has so much potential. Maybe more potential than any other expansion, but they dropped the ball.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Get to a better expansion.
    What makes you think the next expansion is gonna be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    We just got into brf to kill a warlord other than destroying the iron horde foundry and you say The story isn't progressing? We are just 2 month and half into wod and not even the first patch is being released so I don't really understand what do you guys expect honestly. What was there to do in Cata on first patch ? Level up get tabards from faction vendor and ding exalted with all reps within 2/3 days. Mop first patch? 25 dailies a day and dungeons. Tbc was the same but with more gated content you lvl up and get into dungeons but you need to get keys for hc mode to enter certain dungeons and attunements for raids. But in the end first patch is always lvl up dungeons and raid. Only thing that misses is dailies and some currencies from dungeons that I personally don't want back.
    I don't want to feel forced to log every day to do daily dungeon for valor points or stuff like that which is just pointless and boring.
    Hmm it's almost as if we expect new things to do coming into an expansion! That being said, at least we had options in those expansions. Anybody wanna speculate on when 6.1 is gonna drop? My guild leader thinks it's going to be this Tuesday since mythic comes out and they need to tune it to the new class changes, but seems to still have a lot of bugs.