Loot Stats, how much per raid size

I was curious if anyone knows how many epics drop per 10/15/25/30 in your raid.

Is there like an ideal number that you get max items off boss but not required to have 30 in raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post

Is there like an ideal number that you get max items off boss but not required to have 30 in raid?
    20% chance for one piece per non locked player in the raid.

Personal is also 20% chance of an item.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post

Guaranteed item per 5 players (starting at ten), with each additional player adding 20% chance for an additional item. So 10 player raid gets 2 items, 12 player raid gets 2 items and a 40% chance for a third. 15 player raid gets 3 items, and a 19 player raid gets three items plus an 80% chance for a fourth. To get the most items from a boss you have to have more than 25 players (5 items with each additional player giving a chance for a 6th), with a 30 player raid getting 6 items guaranteed.

That's how I understood it to work, but I'm convinced there's more to it than that, as we've regularly received more loot than the algorithm would suggest, e.g. 5 pieces with 20 players.

Deleted
    My guesses come down to 25% Chance per Player, so 12 Players should always have 3 items guaranteed. never did make any notations so can not confirm its just what i feel like happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyotta View Post
    Personal is also 20% chance of an item.
    Source?

Don't forget that people who are already loot-locked aren't factored into the numbers.

Oddly enough though we've had 15 people in the raid and seen 4 items drop. We couldn't figure it out, but smiled, passed out loot, and moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    That's how I understood it to work, but I'm convinced there's more to it than that, as we've regularly received more loot than the algorithm would suggest, e.g. 5 pieces with 20 players.
    this is true, everyone spouting this 20% per player stuff is just copy pasting a blizzard blue post.

well i don't care what blizzard say i can go ingame kill a boss with 30 people get 7 loots and there goes your theory down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    Oddly enough though we've had 15 people in the raid and seen 4 items drop. We couldn't figure it out, but smiled, passed out loot, and moved on.
    Was one of those a set item? Those seem to be pretty weird (or even bugged) right now.

The 20% per player (as in personal loot) is correct. Set items are additional to that, my wild guess would be 10% per player (we got 2-3 with ~23 players), so some bosses really dropped a lot of items. Not sure if that's intended.

It is 20% per player for group loot. I don't know how exactly the random item there is is set to.

Atm with 30 people it is 100% chance to get 6 items + 3 tier tokens(if a tier boss). Though you have some X%(we believe it is 50% with 30 people) to get a 7th item + a 4th tier token(if tier boss). We have gotten the 7 + 4 tier this week and we also got 6 + 3 tier on another boss and 7 + 3 tier on another. Hard to say.

As for smaller groups it is possible that extra item is just a lower %.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Was one of those a set item?
    Not in my case - I'm talking Highmaul.

Deleted
    There's definitely something strange at the "break" points of 15 / 20 / 25. We've often raided with 20 on the nose as a guild and I'd say a good 50% of the time we get a 5th piece (this was in highmaul). We did our first BRF raid last night with 25 exactly and were getting 6 pieces (non-tier bosses).

My suspicion is that it's 1 new item for every 5 players and then a "chance" of a bonus item. (Whether this chance actually changes between a 15 man and 19 man group we need actual data to test though)