Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arcane/Fire tier set bonus vs ilvl

Currently ilvl 677 in full heroic HM gear with a few mythic pieces. Does anyone know if its worth dropping a few ilvls to get the tier pieces from Normal BRF? Specifically for Arcane and fire. If so, should I be going for the full 4p bonuses?

Quote Originally Posted by tacobrah View Post
    Currently ilvl 677 in full heroic HM gear with a few mythic pieces. Does anyone know if its worth dropping a few ilvls to get the tier pieces from Normal BRF? Specifically for Arcane and fire. If so, should I be going for the full 4p bonuses?
    Heroic BRF, yes. Normal? Perhaps...fire bonus is strong.

Arcane bonus keeps Arcane above all other classes on single target so it is strong as well. Fire just catches the class up to all other classes on single and helps with your cleave. It is however one of the best scaling 4 sets of all 4 sets. Tier sets this time around seem to band aid the classes with things they were missing in Highmaul ie Fire's lack of single or Elemental's for that matter. Another great example is Survival Hunters obtain burst aoe from their 4 set.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Heroic BRF, yes. Normal? Perhaps...fire bonus is strong.
    Not a perhaps for normal, yes for normal, it's more than worth dropping 685 mythic gear for the tier bonus, especially for fire. I ended up dropping 3 mythic pieces and a socket for 665 normal tier 4 set and it made my dps skyrocket as fire.

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Not a perhaps for normal, yes for normal, it's more than worth dropping 685 mythic gear for the tier bonus, especially for fire. I ended up dropping 3 mythic pieces and a socket for 665 normal tier 4 set and it made my dps skyrocket as fire.
    Yea, it's really really strong. And fun.

I'm not 100% convinced about the arcane 4set yet though. Did a few test runs last night in highmaul hc, and I was averaging 5-7 procs pr. fight. 4-5min. I also replaced 3 mythic pieces for nm tier.

Deleted
    http://altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1071

It's always worth it even for arcane and 2set

As TLTeo posted, it's worth it for Arcane, even from full Mythic gear to a Normal 2-set/4-set.

For Fire, the bonuses are even MORE powerful than they are for Arcane, so it would be worth it for them as well! No matter what the item levels are, your set bonuses for Arcane and Fire are always worth it.

100% YES for Fire; dunno about Arcane.

Fire's 2P is great; I love it. Not a huge DPS increase, but a massive QoL boost! Fire's 4P is incredible, but sadly, I haven't gotten to test it yet. Only got my 2P
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

So I guess Frost is quickly becoming a thing of the past then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all, Frost is still a strong spec. The issue Frost has at the moment, if it can be called that, is that its niche is not particularly relevant at the moment. Arcane is quite superior on single target, Fire is superior on multi target cleave. Frost is in an awkward position where it's the second best single target spec, the second best cleave spec, and the second best AoE spec. The only thing it appears to excel at currently is short bursts of AoE through Frost Bomb+Frozen Orb, and potentially sustained two target cleave.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Taking into consideration what Rinoa said, frost is basically a "I don't like this other spec" spec. If you don't like fire you spec arc for ST and frost for AoE. If you don't like Arc you go fire for AoE and frost for ST.

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Taking into consideration what Rinoa said, frost is basically a "I don't like this other spec" spec. If you don't like fire you spec arc for ST and frost for AoE. If you don't like Arc you go fire for AoE and frost for ST.
    "If you don't like Arcane or Fire, just play Frost and have fun! "
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    "If you don't like Arcane or Fire, just play Frost and have fun! "
    This too, but I was more thinking for those who want to play different specs for different fight styles, as most of the people going Fire/Arc are doing

Frost's are useless, fire is reallllllllllly good, arcane is really good.

Deleted
    I just got the normal 2p bonus today and I've got to say that I really really like the fire bonus. There are so many awesome ways to utilize the 2 charges. Apart from making most decisions a little bit easier, I really enjoy the safe aspect of it. It really helped me to improve my living bomb uptime, since it's now very easy to spread as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Armory
    Twitter

Deleted
    Exactly what I have just been looking for and I didn't even have to ask Thank you very much Rinoa! I'm so glad fire is back in the game now, it's so much fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy to help!
    Armory
    Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Frost's are useless, fire is reallllllllllly good, arcane is really good.
    If someone really dislikes or isn't good at Arcane, Frost is far from useless, it should be what they play. For most mages pushing early progression in BRF, you'll see Fire on Maidens and maybe Operator Thogar or Hans/Franz but Arcane on everything else because single-target is far more important on nearly every fight in BRF. Fire's dps is mostly wasted cleave on fights where it doesn't matter. After progression is over you'll see a ton of that of course, but during progress even on add fights there are very high priorities for single-target damage that matter more.

If someone can't or won't play Arcane, Frost provides the better single-target dps alternative while also bringing some passive cleave. If your raid has no warriors, rogues, or boomkins at all, and like 6 shadowpriests or something, then Fire will be useful, but for the most part its not going to be as important as single-target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tacobrah View Post
    You want the 2 and 4 piece bonuses for Arcane and Fire - and its worth it even going from Mythich HM to normal BRF tier. Someone already posted the link to AT that had some comparisons, and in one of these threads on here last week I posted my own sims of my toon that showed normal was an upgrade over mythic as well. Get it as fast and as quick as you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane bonus doesn't seem as worth than fire it IMO. After trying the arcane 2set bonus, I haven't noticed a big difference, maybe an extra AB or two before I have to barrage out during conserve phase, but that's about it.