Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What was this spell? ~BC era Demon summon

Was just watching some random wow vids and recalled a time when i was in Goldshire around mid BC maybe, and a warlock was summoning a huge demon, and was asking everyone there to help him, it took like 5+ people clicking on the summon before it worked, then a demon came and terrorized everything around killing myself and others and had to be killed...

What was this? I'm sure it was a lock doing it..

Ritual of Doom, it was the old way to summon the Doomguard. It took 5 people to click on an altar, it would kill one of the players who participated, and the resulting Doomguard would go on a rampage until the Warlock used Enslave on it
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

The spell was ritual of doom and that was the old way to summon a doomguard. The best part is that it used to randomly kill someone participating in the ritual, and the warlock was not excluded from this chance.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Fun times, though I understand why it was changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

hahaha, man i forgot about that. Fuck they really did take a lot of the fun out of this game

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Arugal View Post
    Ritual of Doom, it was the old way to summon the Doomguard. It took 5 people to click on an altar, it would kill one of the players who participated, and the resulting Doomguard would go on a rampage until the Warlock used Enslave on it

Still in 6.0 when you summon terrorguard/doomguard it says "What happened to your friend?". I guess it is time to update demons already

Haha, that shit was fun.

"Click this for [insert some made up bullshit like healthstones/gold or something here]"

10+ Year Old Account
    played many games of Russian roulette with my guildies. We used it as a way of gambling for a time lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

Deleted
    You also had a chance to randomly summon a Doomguard if Curse of Doom (what Doom was called before they changed it) got a killing blow on someone. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaroch View Post
    Still in 6.0 when you summon terrorguard/doomguard it says "What happened to your friend?". I guess it is time to update demons already
    Now it all makes sense as to why they say that. It confused me a bit.

I like having the Doomguard / Infernal to be used as DPS cooldowns now, but I miss how cool those spells used to be. I remember my Infernal used to be a 1 HR long cooldown, was massively HUGE, and would start owning anyone in its path. I could enslave it but only for a couple minutes.

They should add a new Ritual spell that summons a Pit Lord. 1 HR long cooldown, needs to be enslaved, gets some awesome abilities like Rain of Fire, Howl of Terror, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shumjum View Post
    You also had a chance to randomly summon a Doomguard if Curse of Doom (what Doom was called before they changed it) got a killing blow on someone. Fun times.
    I don't think CoD was castable on players. I do remember one time though during the Faction champs fight in ToC, one of them must have died to CoD because of a Doomguard randomly spawned and everyone was freaking out. I didn't even realize it was from CoD until much later. What were the chances?

10+ Year Old Account
    People unfamiliar with the spell would also fall for it quite easily, by simply saying 'help me summon', thinking they where actually assisting in summoning a party member.
    Warlocks in their sinister prime :-)
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Good ol' Ritual of Doom... so much fun... it was hilarious when you used it before a boss pull faking to summon someone in and it killed the warlock and the Doomguard started decimating half your raid (it hit really hard if not enslaved).

I also remember Spellstone and Firestone. Not flashy or fun but interesting. They were placed in the wand slot. Spellstone absorbed or dispelled magic from the warlock, and firestone can't really tell what it did. X_D
    Siphon Life...
    Old Chaos Bolt piercing through absorptions...
    What was the spell name... Detect Invisibility maybe? It was only useful against some mobs, not much, but served for dispell protection for important buffs.
    When Haunt returned back health...
    Searing Pain for tanking (aggroing).

I miss old Shadowflame (renamed Demonic Breath without damage and then removed...). Such a cool animation...
    Fel Armor and Demon armor... they were interesting before they became passive, but the animations were also nice.
    I can't understand the removal of Backlash...
    I also really miss when Shadow Ward could become Nether Ward in Destruction tree... oh boy...

I know I'm missing some more spells, but it's been a long time since and can't really remember all.

edit: Drain mana!!
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2015-02-10 at 10:03 AM.

I played lock during wrath, you still needed 5 players to summon it. It would deal a shjit ton of dmg, but not kill anyone. But players would avoid helping summon it, because the stigma it got during BC.

I remember summoning an Infernal in Ironforge, and then spamming Banish on it. The low level people would try to kill it but it was immune, but the immolate aura still hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    I remember summoning an Infernal in Ironforge, and then spamming Banish on it. The low level people would try to kill it but it was immune, but the immolate aura still hurt them.
    i was this evil to

and remembering doing PvP with a shadow priest to boost each other... and the fear, ohh that fear!!! - fearing people while dotting them and letting them die, running arround like headless chickens until there demise... miss those evil days

Deleted
    Does somebody here remember the original name of the warlock-talent "ruin" in the destruction tree?

Deleted
    i miss searing pain tanking mirmiron's head. epix times.
    also, having dots as affliction. love screenshots with immo, corr, ua, siphon life and agony (?) as base dots. on top of that, you then had haunt and SB to juggle. fun times.

Deleted
    I remember a warlock summoning an Infernal in Darnassus when I started playing and was a lvl 8 night elf druid noob :P
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-02-10 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    Good ol' Ritual of Doom... so much fun... it was hilarious when you used it before a boss pull faking to summon someone in and it killed the warlock and the Doomguard started decimating half your raid (it hit really hard if not enslaved).

I also remember Spellstone and Firestone. Not flashy or fun but interesting. They were placed in the wand slot. Spellstone absorbed or dispelled magic from the warlock, and firestone can't really tell what it did. X_D
    Siphon Life...
    Old Chaos Bolt piercing through absorptions...
    What was the spell name... Detect Invisibility maybe? It was only useful against some mobs, not much, but served for dispell protection for important buffs.
    When Haunt returned back health...
    Searing Pain for tanking (aggroing).

I miss old Shadowflame (renamed Demonic Breath without damage and then removed...). Such a cool animation...
    Fel Armor and Demon armor... they were interesting before they became passive, but the animations were also nice.
    I can't understand the removal of Backlash...
    I also really miss when Shadow Ward could become Nether Ward in Destruction tree... oh boy...

I know I'm missing some more spells, but it's been a long time since and can't really remember all.

edit: Drain mana!!
    Good times, when the class actually felt unique. Now it just feels no different from a mage or something