Thread: Huntars be op?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Huntars be op?

So since I think most of you have tried arena. We can all agree on that hunters seem a tiny bit OP vs all melee classes in the game. They have solid CD to live through the burst as well as quite solid dmg. And the ability to kite someone for days. So my question is what is the downside of a huntard?
    Dispels, interrupts, cc for days heals etc. How does that compare to the rest?

Dots, huntards die really easy to dot cleaves! Cant kite dots! =)

Deleted
    As noted above, they die very fast against boomkins/affliction locks/spriests.

Ferals are also very good against hunters.

Another thing is, after roar of sac is over, they die in a stun. As a hunter if you get stunned and 2 melees are on you, you're dead in 3-4 sec.

Playing my hunter I have found only one downside. Boring as hell to play. Dot's suck, but since the person dotting you is unable to actually cast, they die before the damage matters, if you get stunned with 2 melee on you... Just like every other class in the game, you're dead. The only downside, has literally been that the class is mindless.

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    Dot's suck, but since the person dotting you is unable to actually cast
    What do you mean by that?

As some one who plays Hunter when I am on my other characters its about when to switch to the hunter and catch him in a stun...Hunters die super fast just switch at the right moment and stun...its over

I like the 'but they die fast in a stun' defense. Anything caught in a full stun is going to be on the receiving end of some hurt. Hunters aren't unique in that regard. The reason they are broken is that they have all the benefits of melee as well as all the benefits of being range. They don't lose any damage from movement unlike every other range class (putting the MM sniper training buff to one side - although survival seems to be the go to pvp spec atm anyway) so can kite for days.

Watch the recent skill capped hunter duel videos. If played well they seem to have a counter for everything any class can throw at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    No burst as sv

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing hunters have going for them is the crazy trap cds. That's about it. You can lock one down and destroy them in about 10 seconds if you line your Cc up properly and don't tunnel. SVs burst only really happens with LnL. Now if you get a BM hunter and you don't CC them or fear their pets you will get your ass handed to you as soon as BW is blown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    While their Deterrence is up, they arent DPSing anything. Pallies can still dps with a bubble up (albeit at 50% output), but nobody seems to cry about that.

SV is a control spec. It is literally about the traps. SV damage output is poor compared to MM and its 100k Aimed Shots, but noooo. Warriors cant train SV hunters so obviously all hunters are wicked OP and need nerfs right?

You don't hear Boomkins or Shadow Priest whining about hunters. You want to know why? Because Rock doesn't think that Scissors is OP. Only Paper.

Since I'm assuming this thread is about SV in particular, I'll throw in my two cents:

CC is extremely strong, though IIRC trap CD is went from 12 to like 20 something on the beta which I think addresses the main issue people had with hunters.

> Despite what most people think; SV damage isn't that high, and outside of MoTC they also have no CD's which means a SV hunter will never 'burst you down'.

> Trapping a priest/druid that is intent on flying round the arena at 900 miles an hour spamming instant casts is a lot harder than it looks, trust me. Relying on disengage to trap means you're effectively using trap half as much as you'd prefer.

That said, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

> Frozen Ammo.
    > Harder to shut down (interrupt/root useless).
    > Plethora of CC with Binding/Explosive/Freezing
    > Etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    The only thing hunters have going for them is the crazy trap cds. That's about it.
    You mean besides a 20 second Disengage that frees them from movement impairing effects and gives them 60% speed for 8 seconds, a 5 second aoe stun, a displacement trap, permanent range slow and a double invulnerability? (I'm not even mentioning the freaking stupid invisibilty, where they can't be hit with ranged attacks. As a rogue it is impossible to attack them first if they stand in a flare, and I don't even see traps anymore but get randomly knocked out of stealth by explosive)
    Maybe you should stick to the AH.

That said, with the trap cd nerf and maybe a nerf to either Frozen Ammo or the roots in their slow trap (just remove them tbh) I expect them to be more in line with other classes. Still very annoying to play against as any melee class, even more after BoS will get a 3 second cd.
    Last edited by mmoc1647189497; 2015-02-17 at 03:43 PM.

...but if you remove those things they will be free kills for you rogues...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    The only thing hunters have going for them is the crazy trap cds. That's about it. You can lock one down and destroy them in about 10 seconds if you line your Cc up properly and don't tunnel. SVs burst only really happens with LnL. Now if you get a BM hunter and you don't CC them or fear their pets you will get your ass handed to you as soon as BW is blown.
    Zip up, your ignorance is hanging out. Hunter's have some of the strongest utility in the game. Yeah them traps are pretty nice, of course so is the ranged slow they apply every hit that costs virtually nothing. I'm not going to bother listing everything else, Shaileen did a good enough job of that. I will just say combat rogues are pretty brain dead and do a lot of dumb damage but the main reason they're seen as so strong? With BoS they're one of the best classes to fight against hunters and druids. If hunters couldn't lock you down for the entire dance almost for free, with full gear subt would be just as good.

P.S. Everyone dies in a bloody stun. Can people stop trying to use that as an excuse unless you play feral druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    SV is a control spec. It is literally about the traps. SV damage output is poor compared to MM and its 100k Aimed Shots, but noooo. Warriors cant train SV hunters so obviously all hunters are wicked OP and need nerfs right?

You don't hear Boomkins or Shadow Priest whining about hunters. You want to know why? Because Rock doesn't think that Scissors is OP. Only Paper.

2 specs don't think a hunter is op. Balance perfected. SV is constant damage MM is burst.
    Last edited by mmoc0be20a83e8; 2015-02-17 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    CC is extremely strong, though IIRC trap CD is went from 12 to like 20 something on the beta which I think addresses the main issue people had with hunters.
    Doesn't matter much with the 12 to 20 seconds timer. Just means that they won't fail it and DR a target anymore.
    The range of trap-activation going from 5 to 3 yards will be a bit more noticeable but not a big concern either. They just stand close at the target and drop it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaileen View Post
    You mean besides a 20 second Disengage that frees them from movement impairing effects and gives them 60% speed for 8 seconds, a 5 second aoe stun, a displacement trap, permanent range slow and a double invulerability? (I'm not even mentioning the freaking stupid invisibilty, where they can't be hit with ranged attacks. As a rogue it is impossible to attack them first if they stand in a flare, and I don't even see traps anymore but get randomly knocked out of stealth by explosive)
    Maybe you should stick to the AH.

That said, with the trap cd nerf and maybe a nerf to either Frozen Ammo or the roots in their slow trap (just remove them tbh) I expect them to be more in line with other classes. Still very annoying to play against as any melee class, even more after BoS will get a 3 second cd.
    Shai - as a rogue it's not impossible to attack them first in a flare. Just learn what cloak of shadows do if you WANT to attack them first :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Pop flare, get big CD. Actually the kind of balance Blizzard have been striving for with hunters so far this season. I can believe it.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure that if they didn't change it in WoD, cloak does not protect against flare.

(And even if it would, who the fck activates cloak to get into a flare if he can't even be sure that the hunter is really there, because he's stealthed and can move around the map?)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, can rogues no longer see traps when stealthed? When im shitting around on my Hunter, i usually drop a flare then put traps to either side to catch the rogue who tries to skirt around the flare. I am surprized at how often it seems to work.

My rogue is inactive atm, and i never paid attention to traps with him at L100 before his account went offline.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-02-17 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Out of curiosity, can rogues no longer see traps when stealthed? When im shitting around on my Hunter, i usually drop a flare then put traps to either side to catch the rogue who tries to skirt around the flare. I am surprized at how often it seems to work.

My rogue is inactive atm, and i never paid attention to traps with him at L100 before his account went offline.
    Rogues no longer have Disarm Trap and with it traps are now always invisible to enemy players AFAIK.