High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Will you make any changes? Warlock Futures

Hi there,

First of all thank you to every poster that contributes to the Warlock base of knowledge regarding stat weights, rotational priorities etc etc. I read all of them here.

Secondly I wanted to ask you about how you feel the direction in WoD is affecting your choices regarding the playstyle of your Warlock.

Initially, when the game released... myself, much like many others of you specced Destruction with Demonic Servitude as it simmed high for us and the mechanics worked mostly fine for the majority of Highmaul.

Soon sweeping changes arrived in the huge buffs to Demonbolt and mastery for Demonologists creating a turnaround for much of us where we shifted our stats priorities away from Crit and adapted to the Demonbolt -Demo playstyle.

My question to you is, with the once again large changes to Demonology and the Demonbolt playstyle bringing other specs in line (at undeniably, a less powerful level regarding ST damage) are you going to change specs away from Demo again or even change your gear to accomodate a new style of play?

I guess its okay for me to say I am getting a little weary of the chainsaw balance changes that appear to happen fortnightly and I suppose I will not be changing away from Demonbolt Demo because... honestly, who knows if the chainsaw will come out again in another 2 weeks?

Let me know what you plan on doing.

Thank you

Personally, I'm going to stay Demonology. If things shake out like they are right now, I'll probably be:

AD/GoServ/DS for ST.

AD/GoServ/Cata for cleave/AoE.

I know there's the whole 'the sky is falling' thing going on with Demonbolt being a dead talent, but frankly I'm looking forward to the change. I'll be spending more time in Metamorphosis than the 6 seconds every minute I was when I was using Demonbolt. That leads to higher physical damage (lot of that going in BRF) mitigation, easier Doom maintenance, extreme mobility and the flexibility to react to 10 second trinket procs.
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2015-02-16 at 07:50 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    Personally, I'm going to stay Demonology. If things shake out like they are right now, I'll probably be:

AD/GoServ/DS for ST.

AD/GoServ/Cata for cleave/AoE.
    will you be removing the DS glyph?

I figured macroing Serv to DS works well with the 2 min cd

Quote Originally Posted by Vaught View Post
    will you be removing the DS glyph?

I figured macroing Serv to DS works well with the 2 min cd
    Yup, goodbye to DS glyph and macro GoServ into my racial/trinket/DS:K cooldown.

Prbly going to juggle between all 3 specs. 1-3 targets sustained as affl, sustained aoe as destru with cr/GoSac, and burst aoe as demo cata/GoSyn. Unless demo turns out to be just as good as affl for st and multidot, I'll just stay demo/destru if thats the case.
    Last edited by kamuii; 2015-02-16 at 08:08 PM.

As things stand atm i'll prob go Serv/AD/ DS for demo ST and cata/ syn aoe/ cleave.

Deleted
    Staying destro, and demo/cata for aoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking besides the nerf, Demonology has excellent all around toolkit with plenty of mobility, terrific almost broken burst AoE (especially great considering all the AoE in BRF is short lived), multidotting and cleave... and even after nerf it's Single Target will be adequate.

I'm sure it will be fine and will probably remain default choice for most of the encounters. Although Demonbolt no longer makes sense seeing how Demonic Servitude is as good damage-wise and terrific with movement, while Cataclysm is great AoE boost on top of offering more mobility than DB for a very tiny single target hit.

I think 15% nerf to DB would make more sense, 25% kills it as a viable talent choice.

Deleted
    Staying demo, will likely run DS for Gruul, Oregorger and blackhand and Cataclysm for all other bosses.

yea, if next patch destro cr spec will be performing better at raids as speculated right now ill change to it. tbh destro and demo are very alike despite many people seem to think there is a big difference, both spec relly on building up resource and then dumping it during darksoul duration, while demo has one more dot to manage.
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    Affliction \o/

Is no one lookin out for locks this expansion or what? Seems like theres no love for locks anymore. Got pigeonholed into playing demo cuz destro i wasn't able to keep up. Even tho im better at destro rotation and its my preferred spec. Now they nerf the one spec that can actually keep up...I am not even top of the charts in my raid. im lucky to hit top 5 out of my 15 man raid. -=(

Deleted
    i will have to see if i can play without demonic leap or not. i cant ignore the fact that this ability has saved my ass so many times - i would prefer to play affli though.

Deleted
    I'm not that big a fan of non-DB Demo gameplay (or maybe I am a fan, I think it's good - but not for me).

Would like to keep affliction as a spec for pvping, so if that's competetive in pve I'll probably keep that and maybe destruction, maybe demo - depends on what covers affliction's inevitable weaknesses on some encounters the best. I doubt I'll be making any changes too quickly though, I'll let the fire die down and see what better players / mathmagicians are figuring out before I go jumping ship prematurely.