Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    Anyone done this a lot that can answer this (was only on normal).

I was assigned to heal the ship group. Each time when you get blown back to the ship there seems to be a lot of bombs around the ship that seem to explode as soon as I land?

Whats the strat to deal with this? I know you are suppose to move to a space after the bomb has gone off but it appeared that as soon as I landed from the ship the bombs were going off and I was going to take a lot of damage each time regardless? Is that correct?

Thanks
    Time the belt so you don't land when bombs are exploding.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think 10-15 min for a boss fight is too much. There was a time when booting your computer took that long lol :-P. Well just kidding but as long as the fight is engaging... OK Iron maidens is a bit dull but I would like to see more boss fights that go longer and maybe have some cool scripted specials.

Boss fight isn't that long if you are a good player get in there get the kill and stop complaining

I like a long boss with many different phases. Feels more epic. Feels more an achievement (literal, not an achievement in WoW). As a DpS, I never get bored, there is always room for improvement in execution, DpS, damage taken, etc.

Deleted
    It's long but it's fun.

Much better than fucking Galakras.

This one was my least favorite fight in a very long time. 12+ minutes of killing trash that spawns on a set-in-stone timer. So if it's your farm night and you have good gear already, you afk 30-50% of the time. God, i hated that boss, it always made me almost fall asleep.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    This boss fight is waaaaaay too long. Does anyone actually like boss fights that are like what, 10-15 min long? When it's the same mechanics all the way through
    I actually really enjoyed the mythic version of the encounter, especially working out how to deal with each respective mechanic.

Personally though, Operator Thogar is my favorite thus far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Because fights on normal mode are what this game is about duh!!!
    Becouse like 1% of the playerbase is whats this game is about duh!!!

Deleted
    Longer fights means there's more time for people to make mistakes. On the complete reverse-end of the spectrum, a fight that took 5 seconds would be utter crap. Some fights are about performing very well for a short duration, and others are a test of the player's endurance. Iron Maidens itself is boring, but that's a flaw with the encounter mechanics; not the duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fight is boring and the voice acting is horrendous
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    This boss fight is waaaaaay too long. Does anyone actually like boss fights that are like what, 10-15 min long? When it's the same mechanics all the way through
    Blizzards forms of difficulty is not mechanics, but fatigue. The longer fights are always difficult, because where you wiped, it takes like 10 min of fighting just to get back there (see FL Raggy).

Deleted
    I really don't like fights that start slow and have a first phase that is essentially a waste of everyone's time. The best example of that was P1 of Ragnaros in FL (at least I had some fun there by proccing the traps but otherwise nothing happened there). Imperator is in the same category, it feels like the fight is dragging out in the easy parts. Repeating the same easy phases for 6-7 minutes each just to determine tactics on the last phase starts to really exhaust you.

I don't like really long encounters, however I really don't like long encounters with a "raid wipe" type mechanic at the very end. Nothing sucks more than spending 10 to wipe to a sub 20 bezerk or what not. Those endings should be reserved for short encounters.

Garrosh phase 4 is a perfect example. Neat idea, but after a hundred pulls to kill him in phase 3.. only to die a few seconds later to an iron star...uggg

5-7min is about the perfect length.