Thread: [tv] grimm

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    what's with 3 weeks without any Grimm now
    just the general positioning of episodes companies do alot. tv executives have all kinds of statistics they try to use on which part of the season gets the most ratings and schedule chunks of episodes around that, they also will reschedule shows to help boost newer shows and whatnot.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    just the general positioning of episodes companies do alot. tv executives have all kinds of statistics they try to use on which part of the season gets the most ratings and schedule chunks of episodes around that, they also will reschedule shows to help boost newer shows and whatnot.
    so un like Britain, where you can religiously and faithfully expect next epsiode to follow last episode in exactly 1 week later, ragardless of everything, till the season ends, which usually is only 10 episodes. You guys get spoilt with 20-22 episode long seasons.

so un like Britain, where you can religiously and faithfully expect next epsiode to follow last episode in exactly 1 week later, ragardless of everything, till the season ends, which usually is only 10 episodes. You guys get spoilt with 20-22 episode long seasons.
    british tv market is very different then american tv market. as an actor from the uk i can tell you that the pay in the uk for actors is much much lower then it is in the us (which is part of the reason so many actors hop ship to the us as soon as they get the chance)

also ad revenue has a much bigger impact on us television so they favor quantity over quality. british shows will typically make a small season/series worth of episodes with a focus on telling one story wheras in america its very rare for a show to actually be made with an ending in sight, its expected that if an american show is succesful it will run for a very long time.

thats also why you see so many more mini series in the uk wheras in the us they rarely have mini series
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

british tv market is very different then american tv market. as an actor from the uk i can tell you that the pay in the uk for actors is much much lower then it is in the us (which is part of the reason so many actors hop ship to the us as soon as they get the chance)

also ad revenue has a much bigger impact on us television so they favor quantity over quality. british shows will typically make a small season/series worth of episodes with a focus on telling one story wheras in america its very rare for a show to actually be made with an ending in sight, its expected that if an american show is succesful it will run for a very long time.

thats also why you see so many more mini series in the uk wheras in the us they rarely have mini series
    I know right, as a uni student I do part time jobs with a lot of actors, and it's funny how someone can be on a tV show on the BBC one season, and still has to work as a waiter in between jobs... I would bet that doesn't happen in the US, unless it's because we are over-saturated with talent here, they just treat em anyhow they want.

P.s. btw, has there been any official word on why Grimm was out for over a month? do you think they made new episodes/changed the direction of the story? the juiliette hexenbeast fight was one of the highlights of the whole series, but Adalind pregnant again, with Nick's baby.. oh boy.

P.s. btw, has there been any official word on why Grimm was out for over a month? do you think they made new episodes/changed the direction of the story? the juiliette hexenbeast fight was one of the highlights of the whole series, but Adalind pregnant again, with Nick's baby.. oh boy.
    It's pretty common for US TV shows to have large breaks mid season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    It's pretty common for US TV shows to have large breaks mid season.
    yeah, i picked up on that a few years ago, but part of me suspects that they also change stuff, i mean this scheduling prolonging seems to be a new thing that started last season ... before you'd have only the small break at christmas, the seasons ending after their standard 21-25 episodes in time for the summer.

I noticed Teenwolf started doing that 2 years ago, sort of like interludes rather than full off seasons, not sure wha'ts happening.

i can't help but think it's not just a ratings thing, or scheduling experiment, but spmetimes they re-write stuff.

Is it still possible for a show shocker of Juliette also being pregnant with a baby? Adelaide slept with NIck at the end of the last season, don't know what the elapsed time was, but, given all the possible dates, could we still find out that Juliette is also pregnant.

If she was pregnant she would probably be showing by now but I wouldn't put it past them. If she is pregnant then it's probably gonna be another super baby like Diana lol

Is it still possible for a show shocker of Juliette also being pregnant with a baby? Adelaide slept with NIck at the end of the last season, don't know what the elapsed time was, but, given all the possible dates, could we still find out that Juliette is also pregnant.
    Meh i doubt it, if she was i am pretty sure Henrietta would have told her I think the big shock will end up being nick killing juliette to save his baby, or his mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Meh i doubt it, if she was i am pretty sure Henrietta would have told her I think the big shock will end up being nick killing juliette to save his baby, or his mom.
    or maybe when they cure julliette it will do some kind of switcheroo type thing and the baby will go into her body.

all i know, is that im real tired of julliettes bullshit. every season she flip flops all the damn time its like the writers just never know what to do with her.

i say just kill her off and if trubel isnt related to nick have them hook up when she returns this season

My best case scenario would be killing off Julliette and letting Truble take her spot as a female lead. And then maybe have Nick and Adalind move in for the baby's sake.

I liked Juliette even when she was having memory issues. I can't stand her this season. Well after she revealed to nick about being a hexenbeast. She's gone completely physco bitch and it's just annoying.

Nick is going to have. To rely more heavily on rosali and Monroe now that his trailer is burnt along with all the Grimm knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I liked Juliette even when she was having memory issues. I can't stand her this season. Well after she revealed to nick about being a hexenbeast. She's gone completely physco bitch and it's just annoying.

Nick is going to have. To rely more heavily on rosali and Monroe now that his trailer is burnt along with all the Grimm knowledge
    yeah her burning the trailer was when i was like IM DONE. i cant get over her bullshit after she did that if they dont kill her off there better atleast be some consequences for her actions

yeah her burning the trailer was when i was like IM DONE. i cant get over her bullshit after she did that if they dont kill her off there better atleast be some consequences for her actions
    Lol, that was pretty much what I thought as well. Like, she needs to die!

Man, I feel like I eventually get to that conclusion way too often with female characters in shows.

honestly ever since they started the whole Juliette into a hexenbeist thing I just had this feeling they needed a new villain so they pulled a blizzard and corrupted her lol. Guess I was right so far since that seems to be where they're heading.

They really need to either kill Juliette off or let her and Nick finally get married. In season one they had been living together for two years, since then It's been 4 seasons. This whole obstacles getting in their way thing is getting old. I mean Monroe and Rosalee met and married within two and a half seasons. Time to tie up this subplot and focus on something else.

i just feel like theyve never known what to do with julliette.

first she doesnt know hes a grimm, then she doesnt believe hes a grimm, then shes an amnesiac, then shes having an affair and seeing ghosts, then she accepts him as a grimm, then she doesnt want him to be a grimm, then she DOES want him to be grimm, then she gets weird freaky badarse powers and becomes cool, then she completely flips and doesnt trust nick.

every season shes like a completely different character, everyone else has a clear arc but julliette is just a bunch of half arcs that ultimately go nowhere once they get bored of it and try something else, theres no consistency.

and its not like they cant write good female characters, rosalee and trubel and nicks mom are all great characters

Ya tbh she really did seem to be created just to be the token girlfriend character, existing only to create drama for Nick.

or maybe when they cure julliette it will do some kind of switcheroo type thing and the baby will go into her body.

all i know, is that im real tired of julliettes bullshit. every season she flip flops all the damn time its like the writers just never know what to do with her.

i say just kill her off and if trubel isnt related to nick have them hook up when she returns this season
    no... can't they just make her a really powerful hexenbeast on Nick's side... that would be aweseome kinda.. i know hexenbeasts aren't good ata ll, but maybe this is rare exception, she becomes a light hexenbeast .. then we'd have an aweseome combo, super grimm and super magic user.

- - - Updated - - -

i just feel like theyve never known what to do with julliette.

first she doesnt know hes a grimm, then she doesnt believe hes a grimm, then shes an amnesiac, then shes having an affair and seeing ghosts, then she accepts him as a grimm, then she doesnt want him to be a grimm, then she DOES want him to be grimm, then she gets weird freaky badarse powers and becomes cool, then she completely flips and doesnt trust nick.
    and so is Adalind, .. i just wished they'd have stopped it at, cool freaky badarse powers and becomes cool,...rather than do the flip flop.. again...shame it was such a high in the show, her kicking Adalinds arse.

no... can't they just make her a really powerful hexenbeast on Nick's side... that would be aweseome kinda.. i know hexenbeasts aren't good ata ll, but maybe this is rare exception, she becomes a light hexenbeast .. then we'd have an aweseome combo, super grimm and super magic user.

- - - Updated - - -

and so is Adalind, .. i just wished they'd have stopped it at, cool freaky badarse powers and becomes cool,...rather than do the flip flop.. again...shame it was such a high in the show, her kicking Adalinds arse.
    Adalind did say that they needed to stop Juliette because it would "get worse before it got much worse" so my thinking (hopefully) is going batshit crazy is the nature of coming into your powers as a hexenbeast and hopefully after the "much worse" she'll be able to regain control and become mostly normal. If you think about it Adalind is mostly normal, she can control her powers and doesn't go around abusing them.

Although the Wesen council has probably heard about Juliette showing her powers and will come after her at some point which will pit them against Nick again.

Signature Created by Jassinta