Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is season 2 tuned poorly?

no, really.

Friday nite my grp was 70 in about 4 hours. no gimmicks, just bounty-rift-bounty-rift-grift~repeat.
    Saturday within 3 hours were were about 90% in our desired gear and steamrolling t6.
    by Sunday afternoon we're bored, 2/3 of us already over gr35, and today after some more steamrolling we are already burnt out.

its just legs in your face all the time, nothing to look forward to any more because you know in 10 minutes you'll either have what you want, or the shards to buy it from kadala...

should drops be nerfed???

I'm having the opposite problem. I don't have anyone to play with, and since I got a late start, everyone seems to already be blasting through stuff, and I'm having a hell of a time getting the ball rolling. Feels very tedious compared to the start of S1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaletaqa View Post
    I'm having the opposite problem. I don't have anyone to play with, and since I got a late start, everyone seems to already be blasting through stuff, and I'm having a hell of a time getting the ball rolling. Feels very tedious compared to the start of S1.
    If you play on NA servers send me a friend request on BNet, HarryBotter#1950
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last season it took me about a month to get my full Raekors set, Vile Ward and a good weapon.

The day S2 was released my friend got all of that AND a furnace.

Did they up drop rates or something?

It's not S2, but the latest patch in general; legendary droprates were heightened quite a bit, though with the introduction of more legendaries in S2, getting a particular one is still just as difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ashe View Post
    no, really.

Friday nite my grp was 70 in about 4 hours. no gimmicks, just bounty-rift-bounty-rift-grift~repeat.
    How do you do a grift sub 70, was sure they require you to be 70 to start the trial.

Deleted
    Not for me, mostly crappy legendaries only. The only good items I got so far from drops are Sunwuko amulet and gundo gear (badly rolled). The rest I gambled, I run T5 and now T6 only.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 12 hours in and level 61.

It's nice to know solo play is viable.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post

i have the same thing. group play is all that matters even for leveling its so much faster then solo play.

solo is fun for grift to show off how good you are with your class and means your not bossted/carries by your party members. but beside that it's kinda useless.

any1 from eu that want to boost/help me level a bit. starting sc/ after i died 1 time my kid grapped the mouse and the other one because of lag.
    having a kid that can grab the mouse is no fun when playing d3 hc.. so back to sc again. but leveling now is kinda slow.

Both my Monk and Wizard got geared much faster last Season, than my Crusader is getting geared now, it's all RNG.

Last season it took me about a month to get my full Raekors set, Vile Ward and a good weapon.

The day S2 was released my friend got all of that AND a furnace.

Did they up drop rates or something?
    They upped the droprates. Before S1 that is. Gearing is pretty much the same speed now compared to S1. Both are way ahead of S0 gearing speed though.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2015-02-17 at 01:59 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    For multiplayer as compared to solo? Yeah, why not. Multiplayer is horribly OP compared to solo play on all fronts. I mean, you're complaining about having been carried by three other people to max level, T6 and then high greater rifts, and obviously to good gear levels. So yeah, nerf multiplayer.

However, were you already at full ancient gear, with each piece at least in the 90%-95% of BiS, when you got "burnt out"? Were you already doing GR50+?

You've still got a ways to go methinks.

Isn't S2 largely the same as S1?

Balancing is transitory. it is not overly concerning in design that is non-competitive.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I don't think you know what that word means. Solo play must be viable or you wouldn't be lvl 61.

IMO I would have gone with the whole *very low drop rate on legendaries but less RNG stats so that they're almost always usable unless you already have a better leg in slot*.

They decided *lots of rng and they drop like crazy* would be more fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, if you're doing the season stuff with the goal of competing in any element of the content, then no...running solo really isn't viable, people running in groups will be so far ahead of you it's not even funny.

While it's not a optimal option. It is still viable. I ran solo most of last season just fine. Even got on the leader board a few times.

Well, again, it's not viable at all if your goal is to try and compete for firsts on some of the conquests or have a decent Greater Rift rank early on.

It's playable, sure. But viable? Only in the sense that running on your hands is "viable" for winning an Olympic 100m dash.
    Again, you seem to be substituting "viable" for "optimal". If something can be done, however convoluted, difficult or unnecessary, it is viable. Viable is a large, large range. Optimal is the upper section of this range. Multiplayer is the optimal choice if you want to be on leader boards or gear out at a decent speed or level up quickly or hit the higher rifts, yes. We all agree on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

1 ) group play is completely OP compared to solo play, even more so if you stack classes and share drops
    2 ) ''Saturday within 3 hours we were about 90% in our desired gear and steamrolling t6.'' you either shared drops or got extremely lucky in this game it's main factor which is RNG. Either way once again group play made a huge difference here whether you loot shared or not, it's easier to advance torment levels in a group compared to solo.

In the end, that's the issue with Diablo. If you have your gear and can faceroll T6 solo then all there is to do is just kill shit for the sake of killing shit.
    You could argue '' replace every item you have with an ancient version '' which is true, but that's only relevant if you aspire some specific Grift goal, which I don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you cannot accomplish something with a certain method then no, it is not "viable". Running on your hands is not a "viable" way to win an Olympic 100m dash. Running solo is not a viable way to get an early Greater Rift ranking or early/first Conquests.

It is. I did it least season.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    no, really.

Saturday within 3 hours were were about 90% in our desired gear and steamrolling t6.
    by Sunday afternoon we're bored, 2/3 of us already over gr35, and today after some more steamrolling we are already burnt out.

its just legs in your face all the time, nothing to look forward to any more because you know in 10 minutes you'll either have what you want, or the shards to buy it from kadala...

play hardcore!

softcore is way too easy and bores the shit outta me. the game isn't fun without the fear of death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I don't think you know what that word means. Solo play must be viable or you wouldn't be lvl 61.
    most people on this site have no idea what that word means, to them viable is the same as optimal.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Took me about 6-7 to hit 70 by myself. It just depends on how much you min/max and what tricks you know of (like getting a -15+ lvl req weapon via crafting, so you steamroll 45-60, then do it again from 60-70).
    Pliers, Ret Pally
    <Something Wicked>
    US-Whisperwind
    Semi-retired