Please help our DPS Warrior!

Hey everyone! I'm not really normally one to post something out like this, but our DPS warrior is really having a hard time keeping up with everyone else in our raid. We find this odd beings warriors are simming extremely high at the moment. I personally don't know much about DPS (I'm a healing officer) so I can't really help the guy at all, so I thought I'd post our logs here and see if anyone could help out and see what he might be doing wrong or what he can improve on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

His name is Malal.

Link to our guild's logs: [Well beings I can't post them, the guild is Aye Tru on Stormrage-US, can simply type it in WarcraftLogs]

Hi, first of all sims aren't really an accurate tool, your warrior isn't doing that bad (50-80th percentile on most fights, only 29 on kromog because he's not bladestorming the hands like most warriors probably do)

I checked the single targets fight because they're the easiest to analyze imo, nothing is really alarming, he's doing a good job keeping his enrage buff up, the only noticable thing on his logs is he often wastes his repot, he should wait to line it with reck and bloodbath and throw a lot of executes with that

On oregorger he used his repot before the execute phase which is a waste, same on Kromog he used his repot before his reck in the execute phase, he also seemed to miss some berserker rage when he wasn't enraged for a bit but nothing really bad, he could also use heroic leap to get some damage(it's off the gcd) but it's a really small improvement

I can't really tell more from logs, maybe someone with more experience in it could find something else

Quote Originally Posted by Mokuna View Post
    Hi, first of all sims aren't really an accurate tool, your warrior isn't doing that bad (50-80th percentile on most fights, only 29 on kromog because he's not bladestorming the hands like most warriors probably do)

I checked the single targets fight because they're the easiest to analyze imo, nothing is really alarming, he's doing a good job keeping his enrage buff up, the only noticable thing on his logs is he often wastes his repot, he should wait to line it with reck and bloodbath and throw a lot of executes with that

On oregorger he used his repot before the execute phase which is a waste, same on Kromog he used his repot before his reck in the execute phase, he also seemed to miss some berserker rage when he wasn't enraged for a bit but nothing really bad, he could also use heroic leap to get some damage(it's off the gcd) but it's a really small improvement

I can't really tell more from logs, maybe someone with more experience in it could find something else

Think tbh your being way over critical of the guy, his numbers whilst not being top end are decent enough, 4th on thogar, 5th on beastlord, 1-1.5k dps away from being 4-5 places higher on Gruul, Flamebender and oregorger, only two he is underperforming on is the Austrian Twins and Kromog, kromog as an earlier poster said is because he's not bladestorming the hands, that alone would shoot him into the top 3-4 on dps, and hanz and franz a lot depends on if his exe phase overlaps with them jumping all around like mad things

In short, not perfect play by any means, but not someone you need to worry about too much on how he's playing, if he starts to line his pots up and pool rage better prior to exe/cd's/ and uses his re-pot better then he will improve a few places on each fight

Deleted
    Okay, so I have taken a quick look at the logs and his armory.

To start off, he really has to optimize his gear a hell lot better.
    No wonder he is doing really bad damage as fury warrior, having so little mastery.
    His ONLY source for mastery are his weapons, which is a BIG NO go, as mastery is ranked SECOND most important (after crit) for fury.

Also, he is making (in my eyes) some wrong spec chooses for certain bosses.
    Hans'gar -> he should go arms!
    Flamebender -> he should go arms!

It's hard to judge someone simply by looking at the logs.
    For example, he might just be using abilities without being enraged (big mistake).
    But it his gear could also be a really big problem.
    Not sure how other people would think about this statement (about his gear being really bad for fury).
    His armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Malal/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    Okay, so I have taken a quick look at the logs and his armory.

To start off, he really has to optimize his gear a hell lot better.
    No wonder he is doing really bad damage as fury warrior, having so little mastery.
    His ONLY source for mastery are his weapons, which is a BIG NO go, as mastery is ranked SECOND most important (after crit) for fury.

Also, he is making (in my eyes) some wrong spec chooses for certain bosses.
    Hans'gar -> he should go arms!
    Flamebender -> he should go arms!

It's hard to judge someone simply by looking at the logs.
    For example, he might just be using abilities without being enraged (big mistake).
    But it his gear could also be a really big problem.
    Not sure how other people would think about this statement (about his gear being really bad for fury).
    His armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Malal/advanced
    While I agree having low mastery is a problem, sometimes you just get dealt that with drops sadly. He has at least 20% with raid buffs so it's not terrible with his gear right now. The only option he has is to change his enchants to mastery, and that'll drop him lower if he has a series of bad luck strokes with BT critting or abilities in general critting. I'm indifferent on the Arms/Fury choice on Hans because melee are in a bad position for that fight due to the jumping aspect of it all, especially at the end. I would agree to tell him to go Arms for Flamebender though.

I'm only looking at 2/18's logs when reviewing a few things.

Bladestorm on Kromog will help him, and help for hand damage in general. Ravager is also a very useful utility for that fight since you can place it across the field on more hands while you bladestorm around you.
    He also only has 6 Ravagers on Beastlord during an 8 minute fight. Could be at least 7 if he waits to use during first beast pack.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakesterwars View Post
    While I agree having low mastery is a problem, sometimes you just get dealt that with drops sadly. He has at least 20% with raid buffs so it's not terrible with his gear right now. The only option he has is to change his enchants to mastery, and that'll drop him lower if he has a series of bad luck strokes with BT critting or abilities in general critting. I'm indifferent on the Arms/Fury choice on Hans because melee are in a bad position for that fight due to the jumping aspect of it all, especially at the end. I would agree to tell him to go Arms for Flamebender though.

I'm only looking at 2/18's logs when reviewing a few things.

Bladestorm on Kromog will help him, and help for hand damage in general. Ravager is also a very useful utility for that fight since you can place it across the field on more hands while you bladestorm around you.
    He also only has 6 Ravagers on Beastlord during an 8 minute fight. Could be at least 7 if he waits to use during first beast pack.
    He should really go Arms on Hans. As arms you can do really good dps on there.
    I disagree with you saying that melee are in a bad position on Hans. As you can cleave them like 50% of the time, warriors shoul be able to pull some good dps.

You should first and foremost have him focus on getting a lot more mastery, not trying to be mean but how is it that he is doing progression raiding without knowing his class? Crit--> Mastery. His numbers aren't really that bad for the lack of mastery he has, think if he stacked more he would be doing just fine.

Second he needs the start changing specs and talents for fights, this is a part of knowing his class, Bladestorm is the best AOE ability Wars have and Kromog is one of the best fights for us, BR+BS= very high DPS.

As for specs, Fury= Burst AOE and single target, Arms= Constant AOE, Fury beats out Arms in alot of AOE fights because enrage and Bladestorm work so well together, but Fury AOE isnt sustainable enough tho to beat out Arms on fights with a constant number of adds like Hanz and Franz, BF and Iron maidens. If he can learn to play Arms as well as he has been playing a gimped Fury war then you will very happy with what you see. Just remember that for both Crit and Mastery, as much as you can stack.