Thread: MW in 6.1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    People are mixing up total mana gained with mana tea gains. The short answer is ~1420 spirit now gives the same mana overall (spirit regen + mana tea) as you get now with base spirit. Note that the vast majority of people arent really playing with zero additional spirit so actually what's being said is you need 600ish more spirit to cast the same overall mana expenditure.

This isnt saying its the same casting behaviour is possible because more of your mana regen is in background mp5 and less "burst" mana is refundable through mana tea. So less spam of RJW im a short window of time even if the total mana over an encounter is the same - everything is now less compressible. I dont actually think this has been appreciated by a big chunk of us, and those who have have done are suggesting leaving RJW.

Given that we can't cast as many Rjw in the situations we want to (when burst hps is needed) the obvious solution is to use chi torpedo or xuen as they're free and do stuff we want. If we do take them, we dont need as much mana because outside RJW serpent is cheap to cast and crane is even cheaper.

Tl;dr. 1420ish will allow you nearly the same casting behaviour as present 6.0 but less maximum throughput (same Hps on average). Using Chi torpedo or xuen would mean you dont even need 1420 spirit and probably better off with throughput stats (given that your average hps without rjw will go down). All make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by AnaMonk View Post
    So when dpsing when the damage taken is low - to keep sustained throughput we should keep Pool of Mists for dealing with sustained Aoe damage phases.

For example im progressing on Heroic Blast furnace at the moment (We like to fail on primal elementalists) - So iv been running RJW and chi explosion going fistweaving dps like crazy. But when we reach the last phase we are a bit healing light as people are being bad so in that case my throughput of Pool of mists would be really useful.

What are you guys talenting at the moment for this fight? - I find that generally we dont need much healing till last phase (except for healing up after blasts), so I dps to help as much as i can.

I guess in 6.1 we will need to go torpedo for thoses cases and roll across the raid after blasts?
    oh, you should just try yelling at the people with debuff that they're going to drop melt and have them run behind the raid to drop it further back and to lower damage (no raid damage from melt, only blasts) and give a bit more room

if you're getting to p3 fine that'll make p3 involve way less than p2 and you'll probably kill it, usually most guilds are stuck on this fight because their dps take 2 elemetals to kill each elementalist and healers fall behind to a billion elementals spamming burn and blast every 8s

yeah though, unless you already have nice spirit gear to swap to, you'll probably be trading in rjw for chi torpedo (try to use it after instants so you don't waste half a gcd)

you might also have to mind that dps'ing may not be as mana positive, but only around mana neutral

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm wondering is the priority on Uplift - Chi Torpedo - SCK during raid damage. Bear with me, I haven't healed in ages, let alone used SCK/Chi Torpedo when we had RJW instead.

As the example: we are stacked and took a Savage Howl on Darmac and I had to chose between the three I'd assume Torpedo (but not sure what it's healing for in 6.1)? As opposed to SCK/Uplift.
    Last edited by Lumiair; 2015-02-19 at 06:46 PM. Reason: I'm dumb

10+ Year Old Account
    What static mana increase or spirit increase are you fellers talking about?

Deleted
    People are mixing up total mana gained with mana tea gains. The short answer is ~1420 spirit now gives the same mana overall (spirit regen + mana tea) as you get now with base spirit. Note that the vast majority of people arent really playing with zero additional spirit so actually what's being said is you need 600ish more spirit to cast the same overall mana expenditure.
    let's not forget that, with this patch, we're gonna count more and more on Spirit base value, and less on mana tea, for our regen

This should makes Crit a little worse than it is now

It still will be the second stat, but i think this has to be thought of

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically in the grand scheme of things we will sustain the same mana regeneration granted you get to 1410. So a higher throughput kind of build would try to keep spirit at or a little above the 1.4k mark? Kinda annoying for me I guess since I'm practically already at that, I guess I expend too much mana?

With less reliance on Mana Tea for our upkeep anything with high mana cost is going to need to be used more carefully as the mana we'd now get from spirit is going to be spread out over time, not when we want it. SCK, RJW, SM. Of course if you use something like Xuen or Chi Torpedo you're probably going to be looking for mana to burn near the end of the fight given the current playstyle. Probably giving you some more sniping capacity.