Deleted

Disc comp for 3's.

I have been playing a discipline priest for a loooooooooooooong time but only recently got into pvp. I've been running 3's with a ret and rogue, but we seem to stall out arounf CR 1500 every time. They are both good players and I am doing everything right (as far as I know) but it just doesn't seem to work sometimes.

Maybe I suck!? But everyone I have run with says I'm kick ass and wants to continue runs with me. 2's are too easy, 3's present a challenge so it's fun. I'd appreciate any advice someone could give!

-Dodgen

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's ignore the state of disc atm and actually answer your question:

At 1500 rating you can play pretty much any sort of combination of 2 dps and a healer, and it will come down to how well you actually play. There's probably a mountain of things you can improve on to climb rating with that comp.

But if you're looking for "real" comps that all are viable to various degrees of high rating:

With a ret you'd arguably be best off playing PHP (paladin, hunter, priest). The other alternative would be to find a death knight and play vanguards cleave, but it's not as good anymore as it was in the start of the season.

With a rogue you should run RMP (rogue, mage priest), which actually is viable to the gladiator range if you have a perfect set of players. RMP is hard to master however since it requires full awareness of your own and the enemies abilities to know when to use what.

Other than that you can play junglecleave (feral, hunter, priest) or FMP (feral, mage, priest) if you're looking for "comps that are represented at least somewhat in higher rating".

Feel free to pm me if you need any in-depth help with the disc spec in itself.

E: even more typos
    Last edited by Wass; 2015-02-09 at 10:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Apparently I can't send PMs yet.

Thanks for your response.

Yeah, we seem to flatline around 1500. Unsure exactly what I am doing wrong i guess?

Talents-
    Spectral Guise
    Phantasm
    Mindbender
    Psychic Scream
    Spirit Shell (Was using it in PVE but unsure whether or not power infusion or Twist of Fate is a better choice)
    Divine star (Almost never use it)
    Clarity of will

Glyphs-
    Glyph of weakened soul
    Glyph of penance
    Mass Dispell (Unsure what to replace it with)

I generally just run around to stay within LOS of my teammates and drop psychic scream, and spectral guise as my get away's when necessary. I always end up playing purely defensive. If i could PM you id give you my toons name and realm so you could mr robot me.

At that rating I would probably focus more on why you are losing. For example, when you lose a game there are some very basic reasons for losing...

1.) The healer dies. This is mostly an issue with team mates peeling ability and the individual skill of the healer to know when they are in trouble.
    2.) A DPS dies because the healer sat in too much CC. This can be a function of the healer having bad positioning, the dps over extending and putting the healer in a bad position, or the dps not controlling the enemy team enough.
    3.) A DPS dies because they took too much damage. This can be a function of DPS or healer not knowing when they are in trouble and should play defensively and when the enemy team is going for kill, etc.

Those I think are the three main reasons for death in a bracket that you are stuck at. There can be something said for being outgeared, but these are issues you can actively solve. Try to think critically about why you lost instead of what comp is the best.

I think any comp of double dps/healer has the ability to go to at least 1800. It just requires better play out of some comps than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot you can't pm until you have a post count of at least 10 ish.

Anyway I can tell you right away as for baseline talents:

Replace Phantasm with Angelic Feather
    Replace Mindbender with Surge of Light, trust me you're going to need those procs. Divine star barely does any healing but it's a great tool to get Surge of Light procs.
    Spirit Shell is fine, situationally power infusion is better but go with that.
    Change clarity of will to saving grace. Clarity will get dispelled right away even at 1500 rating.

The mass dispel glyph can be exchanged for glyph of shadow magic which is our 5 second "aura mastery" talent on a 90 second cooldown. This is only situationally good though, it will let you get 1 or 2 casts through if double melee are bashing your brains out.

There's also the inquisitor (death) glyph, but I wouldn't worry about that one for now. There're probably a lot of other things you can work on before bothering with that one.

E: What Tyrean said. There're probably a lot of things you can do better which are the prime cause for you losing. It's hard to find a starting point with all of this.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Deleted
    Thanks to both of you. As I said I am relatively new to the PVP world. A lot more fun and challenging than not standing in AOE's and spamming heals. You have given me much to think about in these fights. I appreciate all the responses and friendliness!

-Dodgen

10+ Year Old Account
    Play a lot of games and try to catch any priest streamers online. There aren't too many of us these days though sadly.

But really you need to play a lot. Noone turns good overnight.

Yes, You Suck... Comparitively. I'm Positive That As Your Awareness And Experience And Ilvl Grows, So Will Your Rating.
    Also, It's Much Harder For A KickAss Healer To Carry Two Fail DPS Than The Other Way Around.

A few friends (not great pvpers) started this same comp you are playing and basically had similar progress. What did improve their performance though was the disc priest going offensive such as dotting up the enemy team with SW:P ad the occasional penance/HF. You could try that as well. Helps with adding pressure. Also check if your DPS team mates use their defensive CDs properly.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2015-02-10 at 06:15 AM.

disc/shadow

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1567936675

edit: yeah no one would want to play with a disc in 3s ... so just stick to 2s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgen View Post
    I am doing everything right (as far as I know)
    -Dodgen
    There's one of your first problems. People more familiar with discs have helped you out with the spec and strategies but at 1500 you rarely if ever do everything right. Hell at 2500 you still don't do everything right. Once you're comfortable with your spec, if you're serious about getting better you should download fraps and maybe truffigcd and record all of your games. When you're done spend a bit of time looking over them, especially the one's you lost and see if you could have done anything better.

What did you trinket? Did you need to trinket? What did you partners trinket and why? Did you dispell your partners down fast enough or were they sitting in a dispellable cc for 6s? Where were you standing? Was it a good position to be in? What heals were you casting when you or your partner died? Did you check to see if the enemies kicks were off CD and juke?

There's a lot of things you can improve upon in arena if you seriously want to.