Page 1 of 3
LastLast

is new way to play ( blizzard game time for gold ) cancelled ?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8408873?page=1

New Ways to Play
    We’re exploring the possibility of giving players a way to buy tradable game-time tokens for the purpose of exchanging them in-game with other players for gold. Our current thought on this is that it would give players a way to use their surplus gold to cover some of their subscription cost, while giving players who might have less play time an option for acquiring gold from other players through a legit and secure system. A few other online games offer a similar option, and players have suggested that they’d be interested in seeing something along those lines in WoW. We agree it could be a good fit for the game, and we look forward to any feedback you have as we continue to look into this feature.
    cant see anythink about this in patch notes !

10+ Year Old Account
    Pushed back most likely. In the grand scheme of everything missing, scrapped, or needing an upgrade, this likely never made the short list.

They never said it would be in 6.1 . Cancelled? No.

legalized gold for cash. it will take a bit for blizz to figure out how best to monopolize this.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

The floated the idea probably a lot to see community reaction,, which was mixed.

So its probably backlogged to some nethe region now.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    They never said it would be in 6.1 . Cancelled? No.
    /tencharacters
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

7+ Year Old Account
    They never said it was coming for sure. They said "it's something we're looking into" and "if it happens it will be some unspecified point in the future". NOWHERE did they say "this is coming in patch 6.1".

It may not happen at all. It's something they are considering, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    GAH!

There is no page, NOWHERE stating this was for 6.1 - It was an idea for 2015, not anything set if when.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    legalized gold for cash. it will take a bit for blizz to figure out how best to monopolize this.
    Not really, for it is legalize playtime for gold. You, the player, set the gold price for the playtime - the playtime will always cost the same...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    GAH!

There is no page, NOWHERE stating this was for 6.1 - It was an idea for 2015, not anything set if when.
    Seems like this has been answered then.

/thread

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    And yet, I'd rather Blizz hold the market than gold sellers who hack accounts for their gold source.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    I think thats actually a good addition. I hope blizzard is going to implement it.

It's working well in other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope they dont' start selling gold. I think it'd be bad for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    When enchants are going for 4-5k gold atm, i think they should think about inflation and players who dont' want to purchase gold to stay competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    When enchants are going for 4-5k gold atm, i think they should think about inflation and players who dont' want to purchase gold to stay competitive.
    I've never bought gold or botted and don't have any problem getting the enchants/gems I need

Except this isn't "selling gold".

People cried about "OMFG LEGALIZED GOLD SELLING!1!!!ONEONE" when the BoE store pet was released. And it did not turn into "legalized gold selling" because the AH became so flooded with the pet that nobody could sell it. Right now it's only like 3-4k anyways.

...Except you don't need to buy gold to stay competitive? You sure love to doomsay, don't you.

Blizzard proposed a way to buy GAME TIME for gold. That's it. 1 month is still going to cost $15. You don't need to buy gametime tokens, you can still pay normally.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just can't wait until you can buy your unfair advantage from a website can you?

Pretty sure they will implement it sooner or later, but it's not something that can or should be rushed. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive when they announced that "possibility", so the question is only when.

Personally I'm more or less indifferent about it, but endgame gear for gold needs to go the moment it's implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8408873?page=1

cant see anythink about this in patch notes !
    Canceled. Blizzard thought about it and said wildstars way of playing for free isnt good for business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Canceled. Blizzard thought about it and said wildstars way of playing for free isnt good for business.
    Source for this?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they already learned their lesson from Diablo's RMAH. I think this time for gold will be another way to remove gold from the economy.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222