Deleted

Blood Boil sound nerf

Hi folks,

Has anyone else noticed that Blood Boil is a lot quieter now? Haven't seen anything about it, but it's a bit of a shock to go from "KTHUNGG!!!!!" to nothing.

I hadn't noticed as I usually play with the sound off, but if you're right I wouldn't call it a nerf! I hate that loud BRRAAAAAAPP sound.

I loved the loud noise, and quick question. I don't understand how ppl play with the sound off, doesn't that make the game a lot more boring?

No, but it makes my music sound a lot better.

Sound in raids is a huge cacaphony of crap, dozens of different spell effects going off simultaneously. I find it hugely annoying. So I usually leave the sound on the first time I fight a boss to hear its emotes, then off it goes. Bigwigs and gtfo addon alert sounds still work, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by carnicide View Post
    I loved the loud noise, and quick question. I don't understand how ppl play with the sound off, doesn't that make the game a lot more boring?
    There are also audio cues to let you know when things are gonna happen on certain boss fights.

Not noticed it but i play with sound on around 10% maybe even less and my music around 40% and TS/Vent at 100% This allows me to hear in game warnings when needed and still be able to chill to music and hear TS/Vent.

Bigwigs and GTFO are the only audio cues I need.

Ducking makes vent work fine even with loud music playing-- if you haven't setup ducking, it's well worth the effort.

Yeah, I've noticed that they reduced blood boils sound as well. I hadn't noticed it before but it was a really good auditory indicator to me that it was actually casting and not having it there messed with my head a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed that they reduced blood boils sound as well. I hadn't noticed it before but it was a really good auditory indicator to me that it was actually casting and not having it there messed with my head a little.
    It was actually driving me bonkers for a bit because i use audio cues as a way to not have to look at bars or auras. I wish they'd now go and make the visual cue more noticeable to compensate.

Blood Boil sound volume now reduced by 33%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    Yep, same for me, I kept having to look at my bars to make sure I'd cast it!

like 50% softer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Deleted
    Definetly a nerf, i think this was only way they were able to nerf blood anymore :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Definetly a nerf, i think this was only way they were able to nerf blood anymore :P
    I was about to make a joke that they removed blood as a tanking spec entirely and just made DK's a pure dps class by bringing blood dps back. But then realized that would be a buff because blood dps was awesome.

Good riddance. That was one of the most irritating and out-of-place sounds in the game.

I accepted it back when Blood Boil had a big, flashy animation because it kind of fit when it looked like your character was radiating some kind of explosion. When they changed it, it just stopped fitting with the animation and seemed needlessly noisy.

Quote Originally Posted by carnicide View Post
    I do both. With the sound on its more immersive. You can also get the cues from addons to tell you shit you need to know. If you already know the boss fight or whatever, you dont need the cues, you can just look at the dbm timer. Sometimes, especially when leveling my 100th character, ill just put on music. Gets me in the zone and i can level more efficiently.

Only thing i wish theyd add, is the option to turn on sound as the cinematic starts. When im listening to music and just doing my thing with the sound turned off, its super annoying when a cinematic pops up that you havent seen yet and its muted without anyway to turn it on.

Deleted
    A brilliant change, the sound was always horrible and having to spam bb boiled my piss.

tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantworm View Post
    A brilliant change, the sound was always horrible and having to spam bb boiled my piss.

tbh
    Agreed, 100%.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.