Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Well this is awkward

So I joined this guild but before joining it, I was contacted by the guy who handles recruitment, through the battle tag that they asked me to give them, so naturally I accepted the..."friend request" to talk to him.

Now I'm in the guild but he's still on my realid list and...well I'm not comfortable with strangers being there. If I should just remove him, won't that look kinda rude?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...Explain it to him, and then do it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytip View Post
    ...Explain it to him, and then do it?
    Ugh...I'd rather just remove him and deal with the awkwardness than explaining that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock and troll View Post
    Ugh...I'd rather just remove him and deal with the awkwardness than explaining that.
    "I'm a bit OCD about who's on my real id list, so I'm going to remove you. Just thought I'd give you a heads up, so there's no awkwardness, but I'm staying in the guild".

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbert the View Post
    Maybe get to know him, ask him a new question every day as soon as you see him log on.
    This is better tho lol

Maybe get to know him, ask him a new question every day as soon as you see him log on.

Depends on the situation

Is this a small tight knit guild or is it a very large raiding guild with a huge roster

If you find the prospect of explaining to the guy up front what you're doing...you'd probably only make things worse if you forced yourself to do it. It sounds like you've already decided that what you want to do is wait til he's offline and just remove him.

Ultimately, what you "should" do is like the other have said, explain what you're doing then do it.

Mind you, as you won't be on his list once removed, unless you get chummy with the guy, he may not even notice you're not on his list, especially if the guild is big and he always recruits via realid.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    this is why I don't share details in guilds or even join them anymore, feels like the game becomes a job you clock into for some asshole you never meet.

Deleted
    First world problem if i ever saw one.. .. Also, just delete him, if he asks, tell him that since you're guildies you prefer to look him up in the guild page, since your friends list is so long..

Why would just removing him awkward? You said they are doing recruitment via battle tag, most likely because reaching people is easier that way than trying to find the alt someone is currently on or whatever.
    They don't use it to track you, so just remove him if you feel it is important to you.
    However I don't get how having "strangers" on your list is bad. You don't share many informations with them besides the games you play, your toon names and realms. I still have people from oqueue on mine and none of them would even ask anything, they are just there.
    In HotS many people add you after good games because you get an experience bonus when playing together and to increase their personal player pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    this is why I don't share details in guilds or even join them anymore, feels like the game becomes a job you clock into for some asshole you never meet.
    Yes they will totally use the battle tag to track and monitor you - as if people have nothing better to do.
    Last edited by banur; 2015-02-24 at 11:20 AM.

Has he contacted you via RealID ever since the recruitment? If not, just delete him. I doubt he'll care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbert the View Post
    This will essentially make him remove you, I support this.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Says the person moaning about being "uncomfortable" with having a random person on their friend's list in an obscure game.

Seriously people whine about everything.

Who the fuck cares if you have a stranger on your friend's list? What do you think is going to happen?

Odd threads today lol

Anyone you don't want on your RealID list: GONE, baby.

A simple "i'm removing the contact because i'm now part of the guild" should be sufficient. If they think they still need it, they can tell you. Just doing things in a group scenario without telling anybody is always prone to cause trouble later, especially if you're new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Who the fuck cares if you have a stranger on your friend's list? What do you think is going to happen?
    Well, for starters that stranger always knows when you're online, and if you're playing any Blizzard game currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check how many friends he has and then just remove him while he is offline, he probably wont even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Well, for starters that stranger always knows when you're online, and if you're playing any Blizzard game currently.
    And?

Lol

I assume you had a point?

Do you know I can see whenever you're online on this forum by the green dot on the right side of your forum name? WOOOO Big stuff. LMAO

Deleted
    "Hey mr recruitment guy, I'm not entirely comfortable with you knowing when I am Role playing as my masters Gnome Sex slave on Argent Dawn"

Deleted
    Do that then. I don't understand why you'd be considering your recruitment officer as a stranger, but if you only want personal friends on that then just remove them and give that explanation if asked about it.