Deleted

Stag gore victim Kate Stone to help regulate the press

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-31590051

Essentially a lady who survived a deer attack is complaining about various newspapers mentioning that she's transgender despite it been completely irrelevant to the story.

I actually agree with her somewhat. Though they should be no shame in declaring yourself transgender there still is ignorance about and such matters are personal. Newspapers don't mention sexuality or medical history if irrelevant so they really shouldn't mention this either

It would be entertaining though if they always added it. Heterosexual Male Jeb Bush considering presidential run.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    It would be entertaining though if they always added it. Heterosexual Male Jeb Bush considering presidential run.
    Are you certain? Can you prove it? What if those who claim that sexuality isn't so much something you can categorize as a sliding scale are correct? What about gender identity as opposed to sexuality...?

"87% Heterosexual 95% Male gender Jeb Bush considering presidential run."

...You're right, that would be entertaining!

10+ Year Old Account
    Deer spear gender bender in press redress quest.

I should be a Sun headline writer.

Deleted
    Well, I kind of see the issue. It's nobody's business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Obviously stag commited hate crime and carefully picked his victim. Never trust creatures of forest, those motherf**kers are out for blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we should be more worried about the "ignorance out there" rather than blame the press for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good for her and others.
    Their recommendation will have no trouble being in line with what she claim.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm... "regulate" the press?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

That's actually quite funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    Erm... "regulate" the press?
    Not in the way you think no.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Not in the way you think no.
    Ah. After bothering to read the article, it sounds less Orwellian than I was picturing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    Ah. After bothering to read the article, it sounds less Orwellian than I was picturing.
    We have something simular in sweden but mostly for whats being broadcasted on tv/radio as news or public debates.
    A commision that make sure programs follow rules about being impartial, let both sides of a story comment and not to put a political, religious stance in news segments etc.

Something I think most swedes are proud of, you will understand that even though it can be viewed as a form of partial regulation on news broadcasts we prefer it over FOX, MSNBC, Kremlin TV etc to put it blunt

Newspapers are a bit different, they have their political stance, editorials etc but are supposed to follow proper jounalistic ethics nevertheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Newspapers are a bit different, they have their political stance, editorials etc but are supposed to follow proper jounalistic ethics nevertheless.
    We have huge issues with that in the UK, to the point that one of the biggest newspapers (News of the World) was shut down due to how they had no morals whatsoever.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have huge issues with that in the UK, to the point that one of the biggest newspapers (News of the World) was shut down due to how they had no morals whatsoever.
    Yea, our tabloids have the same ethics as your non-tabloids sort of. I hate Aftonbladet deeply but if looking at ethics they could mostly only be accused for writing a too short of a story, not biased or any of those issues but not inclusive enough for giving a complete picture of an event.

I love reading Washington Post simply cos of the lenght of their stories.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being a tranny is really weird. I do wonder how the gay community feels about being lumped in with the weirder parts of society.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Obviously stag commited hate crime and carefully picked his victim. Never trust creatures of forest, those motherf**kers are out for blood.
    Indeed.
    Those guys are deeply religious, that is why they wear the crowns, to symbolise their kinship with jehova.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    Being a tranny is really weird. I do wonder how the gay community feels about being lumped in with the weirder parts of society.
    this is a bit of a hush thing, but they are actually pretty intolerant of them.
    apparently they didn't get the memo that this is iffy

15+ Year Old Account
    Who knows, maybe they live in a country with little or no oppression towards them..

Ha!

At least take it to http://memegenerator.net
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Generally we don't care because we understand transgender isn't a choice but a mindset they're born with...